WILTSHIRE Police are appealing for witnesses following an attempted robbery in Swindon.
The incident happened in the underpass between Station Road and the Oasis leisure centre on June 22 at approximately 4am.
Three men, all in their 20's, were approached from behind by two unknown men.
The victims were then punched to the back of the head and one of the victims was hit with a hard object.
This victim was left unconscious following the attack and required hospital treatment.
The two suspects then fled the scene without taking any property.
The first suspect is described as a white man wearing blue tracksuit bottoms, a pale coloured vest top and a hooded top tied around his waist.
The second suspect is described as a white man wearing dark coloured trousers, a white t-shirt with a dark pocket on the left hand-side and dark coloured collar. He was wearing dark footwear.
Wiltshire Police would like to issue the following safety messages which apply at all times, not just when there has been an incident -
• Avoid walking alone late at night
• Make sure someone knows where you are going and when you expect to return
• Consider carrying a personal alarm
• Make sure your mobile phone is charged and you have sufficient credit
• Use well-lit routes
• Plan how you are getting home and use public transport if possible
• Report any suspicious activity
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call Wiltshire Police via 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 where details may be left anonymously if preferred.