CHIPPENHAM TOWN: Collier won’t be rushed into recruiting
5:00pm Thursday 30th January 2014 in By Dan Barnes
MARK Collier says attacking reinforcements are at the top of his wish-list – but the Bluebirds boss will take his time before making any further additions to his frontline options.
Collier saw striker Tom Knighton depart for Bridgwater Town earlier this month and admits that he would like to have more firepower at his disposal.
But he won’t rush into signing any attack-minded players as he looks to bring in the right men to put pressure on the likes of Alan Griffin, Lee Phillips, Joe McClennan and Lloyd Macklin.
“Attacking players are what I’m really looking at right now and we have been speaking to two or three people,” said Collier.
“But it’s not a case of just going out and signing someone from the local leagues. They have to be the right kind of player and most importantly, they have to be good enough for the level we’re at.
“We won’t rush things and we’ll see what becomes available in the next few weeks.”
Collier handed first league starts to youngsters Callum Wright and Corey King, who added to his late equaliser against St Albans City with his second for the club, against Weymouth last weekend and the Bluebirds boss was plea-sed with their contribution.
He said: “Callum came in at right-back and did quite well so we’re comfortable with how that went.
“It was a pretty explosive first start for Corey and he caused all sorts of problems for their defence. He’s quite a complex character but he’s got bags of potential.”
FOR MORE SPORTS NEWS, REPORTS & PICTURES SEE THURSDAY'S GAZETTE & HERALD AND FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @gazsport