North Swindon (House of Commons)
Mr Justin Tomlinson MP (Conservative)
Surgery: Swindon Conservative MPs Constituency Office
1 Milton Road
Surgery Tel: 01793 533393
MP Since - 2010 Majority - 7,060 Born - 05/1/1976. Married (Halina).
Education - Harry Cheshire High School, Kidderminster. Oxford Brookes University (BA Business and Marketing).
Previous Occupation - Worked for First Leisure (1999-2000). Ran his own company called TB Marketing (2000-10).
Personal Overview - An experienced local campaigner, who turned success at a Local Government level into parliamentary representation. He has a career background running a local marketing company in Swindon, which has specialised in providing printing, marketing advice as well as websites. He has been a Councillor locally for a number of years where his roles have included Lead Member for Cultural Services, Recreation and Leisure (2005-2010). Within local Conservative politics, in his role of North Swindon Conservative Campaign Co-ordinator he was successful in co-ordinating local election campaigns.
Political History - Councillor, Swindon Borough Council (Abbey Meads) (2000-). North Swindon Conservative Deputy Chairman (2001-04). Chairman of National Conservative Future (Young Conservatives) (2002-03). General Election candidate for Swindon North (2005). MP Swindon North (2010-). Member of the Joint Committee on Consolidation Bills (2010-). Member of the Public Accounts Select Committee (2012-).
Characteristics - Has played football informally at the local Link Centre.
Business Tel: 020 7219 3000
Mr Justin Tomlinson MP (Conservative) on Twitter
This Is Wiltshire has no responsibility or control over the content on external blogging sites, but you can contact us if you have a complaint.
- Consolidation Bills: Joint Committee (Member)
- Public Accounts Committee (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Betting and Gaming Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Financial Education for Young People (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Football Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Global Education for All (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Global Uncertainties (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Heart Disease (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Learning Outside the Classroom (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Leisure Group (Chairman)
- Libraries Group (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Micro Businesses (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Retail Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on School Food (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Town Centres (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Vascular Disease (Member)
- British-South Pacific Group (Member)
South West (European Parliament)
Earl William of Dartmouth MEP (UK Independence)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 23/09/49. 10th Earl of Dartmouth.
Education - Eton. Christchurch College, Oxford. Harvard Business School.
Previous Occupation - Chartered Accountant, working in the United Arab Emirates (1975-77). Worked in the US for 6 years before returning to work in the UK in 1983 in finance, property and communications. Director, Hanson Transport. Chairman and Founder of Kirklees Cable.
Personal Overview - Former Conservative Peer who defected to the UK Independence party successfully gained election to the European Parliament at the 2009 elections. From a background in accountancy, he has worked in several countries, including the United Arab Emirates and US. A former Hereditary Peer, he lost his seat in the House of Lords in November 1999 in the Lords reforms of that year. Having reinvented himself as a UK Independence member he has the opportunity to use his accountancy skills to highlight any financial issues within the EU.
Political History - General Election candidate (Conservative) for Leigh (February 1974), Stockport South (October 1974). Succeeded his father to became a member of the House of Lords (1997-99). European Parliament candidate (1999). Joined the UK Independence Party (2007). Current prospective parliamentary candidate for Exeter. MEP South West Region (2009-). Member of the Committee on International Trade (2009-). Substitute member of the Foreign Affairs Committee.
Other Information - At Oxford he was elected Secretary of the Oxford Union.
Intergroups - N/a.
Business Tel: 32(0)2 28 49735
Interests: Business & Finance
- Foreign Affairs (Substitute)
- International Trade (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to email@example.com