Man warned he faces jail over Trowbridge nightclub assault
3:04pm Tuesday 3rd December 2013 in News
A 24-year-old who carried out a serious assault in a Trowbridge nightclub has been told to expect a jail term.
Jason Povey had been due to face a trial at Swindon Crown Court on charges of grievous bodily harm and common assault.
But before a jury could be sworn in on Tuesday morning he changed his plea, to admit the more serious matter.
Povey accepted he assaulted Connor Bartle causing grievous bodily harm during the incident in Moomoo, on Castle Street, on Saturday, May 26 last year.
Colin Meeke, prosecuting, said that as the complainant in the common assault had not attended court he would not seek a trial on that matter and asked for it to lie on the file.
Judge Tim Mousley QC adjourned the case for pre-sentence reports to Friday, January 10, and Povey, now living in Swindon, was released on conditional bail, with his curfew electronically tagged.