Free bus card to invite more to use public transport
10:04am Tuesday 31st December 2013 in News
DURING January and February 2014, employees who currently drive to work will be able to apply for a free smartcard that will be preloaded with six or seven days free bus travel.
Swindon Travel Choices will be holding bus smartcard ‘sign up’ sessions in libraries at these times:
- Central Library, January 11, from 10am to 1pm;
- Central Library, January 17, from 5pm to 7pm;
- North Swindon Library, January 25, from 10am to 1pm;
- Central Library, February 1, from 10am to 1pm;
- West Swindon Library, February 8, from 10am to 1pm;
- North Swindon Library, February 15, from 10am to 1pm; and
- West Swindon Library, February 22, from 10am to 1pm.
Travel planning advisors will be on hand to assist with the application form and offer free bus travel advice.
This is the second year that Swindon Travel Choices has run the promotion, which is in response to employees wanting cheaper bus travel and more information about public transport. In February 2013, more than 1,100 free smartcards were distributed, with one in five people continuing to top their cards up and using them regularly.
The amount of free smartcards will again be limited this time, and conditions apply. The full terms and conditions are on the Swindon Travel Choices website at www.swindontravelchoices.org.uk.
Comments are closed on this article.