Fire service deals with Royal Wootton Bassett incident during strike
9:07am Friday 3rd January 2014 in News
One incident was dealt with by Wiltshire Fire & Rescue service during the strike by Fire Brigades’ Union members today.
A Royal Wootton Bassett crew was called to the Miranda House Care Home in the High Street at 8.08am after reports of a smell of burning, which was traced to a faulty light fitting.
Crews at ten of Wiltshire’s 24 fire stations were unavailable to respond to incidents during the strike but the fire and rescue service had contingency plans in place to maintain cover across the county using on-call firefighters.
As a result, there were ten appliances available at stations and a further three on call.
The strike - which was called over the on-going dispute with the government over pensions - started at 6.30am and ended at 8.30am with striking crews returning to duty.
Comments are closed on this article.