Keevil pensioner treated after house fire
9:27am Monday 13th January 2014 in News
An elderly man was kept in hospital last night after he suffered smoke inhalation at his home in Keevil.
The man, understood to be in his 80s, was alerted to a fire in a faulty freezer at his home on Main Street by his smoke alarm at around 9.45pm.
He was taken outside by neighbours while two fire crews from Trowbridge and one from Melksham worked to extinguish the fire.
The man was taken to the Royal United Hospital in Bath, where he stayed overnight.
The road into the village was closed for two hours while the fire engines were in attendance.