Residents' views wanted on parking charges

PEOPLE can have their say on whether Swindon Council should presserve and create more residents’ parking in Broadgreen in a public consultation.

The Zone J residents’ parking area is located within the Broadgreen area and has 22 streets, which are typically seven metres wide, with parking restrictions at intermittent locations and residents’ permit parking areas.

Swindon Council often receives reports from residents, ward councillors and others that residents and small business users are struggling to use the current parking effectively because of commuter parking and congestion in the residential streets and bad parking in the service lanes and backways which creates problems for residents accessing their garages.

To address these concerns the council has reviewed the existing Traffic Regulation Orders and has recommended changes which will be introduced under an experimental TRO, the aim of which is to preserve and create additional areas for residents and restrict parking at locations where obstruction and visibility is a concern.

To comment email highwayrecords@swindon.gov.uk with the subject Zone J TRO.

Or visit the foyer of the Broadgren Community Centre in Salisbury Street where a comment box will be available for any feedback.

Comments (16)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:51am Fri 14 Feb 14

anotherimigrant says...

The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times.

our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house.

Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do.

Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways.

Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.
The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times. our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house. Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do. Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways. Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually. anotherimigrant
  • Score: 7

9:09am Fri 14 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

We all know full well that certain areas of the town do not have parking regulations 'enforced' in the same way that others do, largely for fear of upsetting 'the community' (which actually doesn't tend to include 80% of us) or those who 'enforcement officers' know will give them grief.

Despite some very cunning PR by the council, the parking regime in the town IS anti-motorist and IS all about the kerching. Just about anyone can offer up numerous examples of how this works in practice and it's about time it was brought to a halt. The worst examples include four different permitted parking time zones within an area of about 500sq metres. None of it makes any sense and appears to be designed solely to confuse motorists into parking 'incorrectly' - ie, in spaces that are fine one minute but apparently worth a ticket the next.
We all know full well that certain areas of the town do not have parking regulations 'enforced' in the same way that others do, largely for fear of upsetting 'the community' (which actually doesn't tend to include 80% of us) or those who 'enforcement officers' know will give them grief. Despite some very cunning PR by the council, the parking regime in the town IS anti-motorist and IS all about the kerching. Just about anyone can offer up numerous examples of how this works in practice and it's about time it was brought to a halt. The worst examples include four different permitted parking time zones within an area of about 500sq metres. None of it makes any sense and appears to be designed solely to confuse motorists into parking 'incorrectly' - ie, in spaces that are fine one minute but apparently worth a ticket the next. ChannelX
  • Score: 5

9:56am Fri 14 Feb 14

A.Baron-Cohen says...

RPZ: I am actually surprised it is not yet to be implemented accross Swindon town?!?
I for example use Redcliffe street in Rodborne when I go shopping at the Outlet village, no parking restrictions there and only 2 minutes walk from the shopping centre, the saving buys us a coffee in Starbucks
RPZ: I am actually surprised it is not yet to be implemented accross Swindon town?!? I for example use Redcliffe street in Rodborne when I go shopping at the Outlet village, no parking restrictions there and only 2 minutes walk from the shopping centre, the saving buys us a coffee in Starbucks A.Baron-Cohen
  • Score: -5

11:13am Fri 14 Feb 14

PANDA 1 says...

Once again Broad Green . We live in Zone F the Councils BIGGEST money maker .. Well , we have 7 spaces for 17 houses . No Garages unlike Broad Green ware nearly every house has a Garage . Do the public know how much money has been put into the broad green area ? Hundreds of thousands . But the Council wont fix our problem and allow our streets to be a MAJOR RAT RUN . We have had many accidents and people nearly killed and an accidents nearly every day . But this Council deny any knowledge even though the accidents have been reported in the Advertiser . Are we in the WRONG POST CODE ?
Once again Broad Green . We live in Zone F the Councils BIGGEST money maker .. Well , we have 7 spaces for 17 houses . No Garages unlike Broad Green ware nearly every house has a Garage . Do the public know how much money has been put into the broad green area ? Hundreds of thousands . But the Council wont fix our problem and allow our streets to be a MAJOR RAT RUN . We have had many accidents and people nearly killed and an accidents nearly every day . But this Council deny any knowledge even though the accidents have been reported in the Advertiser . Are we in the WRONG POST CODE ? PANDA 1
  • Score: -1

11:57am Fri 14 Feb 14

Davey Gravey says...

anotherimigrant wrote:
The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times.

our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house.

Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do.

Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways.

Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.
What an offensive, racist, sweeping statement of utter ****. ****
[quote][p][bold]anotherimigrant[/bold] wrote: The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times. our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house. Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do. Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways. Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.[/p][/quote]What an offensive, racist, sweeping statement of utter ****. **** Davey Gravey
  • Score: -9

12:29pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Amberflame says...

anotherimigrant wrote:
The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times.

our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house.

Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do.

Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways.

Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.
Oh dear! Its New Delhi, not Deli, (this is a shortening of the word delicatessen) All you have really done with this post is make yourself look ignorant. At the end of the day it is for SBC to enforce the parking restrictions and hand out fines. If they are not doing this (and judging by my daily commute through this area i would question that they are) perhaps you should contact them with your concerns. Maybe a bit more eloquently though!
[quote][p][bold]anotherimigrant[/bold] wrote: The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times. our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house. Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do. Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways. Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.[/p][/quote]Oh dear! Its New Delhi, not Deli, (this is a shortening of the word delicatessen) All you have really done with this post is make yourself look ignorant. At the end of the day it is for SBC to enforce the parking restrictions and hand out fines. If they are not doing this (and judging by my daily commute through this area i would question that they are) perhaps you should contact them with your concerns. Maybe a bit more eloquently though! Amberflame
  • Score: -4

12:33pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Amberflame says...

anotherimigrant wrote:
The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times.

our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house.

Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do.

Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways.

Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.
Your last paragraph actually made me laugh out loud!
[quote][p][bold]anotherimigrant[/bold] wrote: The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times. our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house. Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do. Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways. Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.[/p][/quote]Your last paragraph actually made me laugh out loud! Amberflame
  • Score: 5

1:21pm Fri 14 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
anotherimigrant wrote:
The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times.

our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house.

Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do.

Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways.

Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.
What an offensive, racist, sweeping statement of utter ****. ****
What did he say that was untrue?
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]anotherimigrant[/bold] wrote: The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times. our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house. Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do. Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways. Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.[/p][/quote]What an offensive, racist, sweeping statement of utter ****. ****[/p][/quote]What did he say that was untrue? ChannelX
  • Score: 5

1:57pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Davey Gravey says...

ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
anotherimigrant wrote:
The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times.

our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house.

Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do.

Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways.

Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.
What an offensive, racist, sweeping statement of utter ****. ****
What did he say that was untrue?
Virtually all of it. People or person giving that kind of comment thumbs up says it all. Morons
[quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]anotherimigrant[/bold] wrote: The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times. our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house. Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do. Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways. Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.[/p][/quote]What an offensive, racist, sweeping statement of utter ****. ****[/p][/quote]What did he say that was untrue?[/p][/quote]Virtually all of it. People or person giving that kind of comment thumbs up says it all. Morons Davey Gravey
  • Score: -7

2:07pm Fri 14 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
anotherimigrant wrote:
The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times.

our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house.

Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do.

Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways.

Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.
What an offensive, racist, sweeping statement of utter ****. ****
What did he say that was untrue?
Virtually all of it. People or person giving that kind of comment thumbs up says it all. Morons
Davey, I have to ask, why are you always so blatantly rude and obnoxious to ANYONE who doesn't agree with you or share you strange little world outlook?
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]anotherimigrant[/bold] wrote: The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times. our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house. Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do. Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways. Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.[/p][/quote]What an offensive, racist, sweeping statement of utter ****. ****[/p][/quote]What did he say that was untrue?[/p][/quote]Virtually all of it. People or person giving that kind of comment thumbs up says it all. Morons[/p][/quote]Davey, I have to ask, why are you always so blatantly rude and obnoxious to ANYONE who doesn't agree with you or share you strange little world outlook? ChannelX
  • Score: 4

2:16pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Davey Gravey says...

I'd look at your own conduct and behaviour before being critical of others. It was a nasty racist comment. End of
I'd look at your own conduct and behaviour before being critical of others. It was a nasty racist comment. End of Davey Gravey
  • Score: -4

4:40pm Fri 14 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
I'd look at your own conduct and behaviour before being critical of others. It was a nasty racist comment. End of
Why, because you say so?

I have never once been as blatantly rude, insulting and obnoxious as you have been in this thread.

But I suppose it's 'OK' when you do it because that's you and it's only other people who are 'bullies'.
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: I'd look at your own conduct and behaviour before being critical of others. It was a nasty racist comment. End of[/p][/quote]Why, because you say so? I have never once been as blatantly rude, insulting and obnoxious as you have been in this thread. But I suppose it's 'OK' when you do it because that's you and it's only other people who are 'bullies'. ChannelX
  • Score: 2

8:24pm Fri 14 Feb 14

1 2 Could B says...

It was a racist comment
It was a racist comment 1 2 Could B
  • Score: -1

8:29pm Fri 14 Feb 14

Davey Gravey says...

ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
I'd look at your own conduct and behaviour before being critical of others. It was a nasty racist comment. End of
Why, because you say so?

I have never once been as blatantly rude, insulting and obnoxious as you have been in this thread.

But I suppose it's 'OK' when you do it because that's you and it's only other people who are 'bullies'.
Maybe if you read it instead of another attempt to have a pop at me you would see for yourself how it is clearly a racist, sweeping statement. Now go **** yourself
[quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: I'd look at your own conduct and behaviour before being critical of others. It was a nasty racist comment. End of[/p][/quote]Why, because you say so? I have never once been as blatantly rude, insulting and obnoxious as you have been in this thread. But I suppose it's 'OK' when you do it because that's you and it's only other people who are 'bullies'.[/p][/quote]Maybe if you read it instead of another attempt to have a pop at me you would see for yourself how it is clearly a racist, sweeping statement. Now go **** yourself Davey Gravey
  • Score: -1

2:03pm Sat 15 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
I'd look at your own conduct and behaviour before being critical of others. It was a nasty racist comment. End of
Why, because you say so?

I have never once been as blatantly rude, insulting and obnoxious as you have been in this thread.

But I suppose it's 'OK' when you do it because that's you and it's only other people who are 'bullies'.
Maybe if you read it instead of another attempt to have a pop at me you would see for yourself how it is clearly a racist, sweeping statement. Now go **** yourself
Happy Valentine's Day to you too.
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: I'd look at your own conduct and behaviour before being critical of others. It was a nasty racist comment. End of[/p][/quote]Why, because you say so? I have never once been as blatantly rude, insulting and obnoxious as you have been in this thread. But I suppose it's 'OK' when you do it because that's you and it's only other people who are 'bullies'.[/p][/quote]Maybe if you read it instead of another attempt to have a pop at me you would see for yourself how it is clearly a racist, sweeping statement. Now go **** yourself[/p][/quote]Happy Valentine's Day to you too. ChannelX
  • Score: 0

4:07pm Sun 16 Feb 14

anotherimigrant says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
anotherimigrant wrote:
The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times.

our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house.

Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do.

Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways.

Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.
What an offensive, racist, sweeping statement of utter ****. ****
at least I didn't call them Mongols, and not one person of other race or religion has complained, because they cant read English like wot I does, so what the fukc are you moaning about.

Everything I said was true but you and your lying mates at the councils clown skool wouldn't know what the truth is if it bit you on the nose.

Two faced barsteward that you and your mates are. That's not racist as I also particularly don't like anyone who has the nerve to call themselves councillors and that they work for me. They don't, they farm for subsides and expenses and are worse than prostitutes.

It certainly wasn't racist as I think the same way about people's on the sink estates.
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]anotherimigrant[/bold] wrote: The Manchester road area is like deli high street at times. our Asian cousins think they are at home, well they are now, and that they can do here what they do in their country, only they didn't because they couldn't afford a car or a house. Send a hit squad in there, let them all know that when in Swindon you should do as the Swindon people do. Fridays always a good day as they park wherever they want. Oh I forgot the councils not allowed to persecute Muslims on a Friday as they have to use that area to dump their rubbish up the alleyways. Stick with the white motorists who pay taxes and insure their cars, they can pay fines, eventually.[/p][/quote]What an offensive, racist, sweeping statement of utter ****. ****[/p][/quote]at least I didn't call them Mongols, and not one person of other race or religion has complained, because they cant read English like wot I does, so what the fukc are you moaning about. Everything I said was true but you and your lying mates at the councils clown skool wouldn't know what the truth is if it bit you on the nose. Two faced barsteward that you and your mates are. That's not racist as I also particularly don't like anyone who has the nerve to call themselves councillors and that they work for me. They don't, they farm for subsides and expenses and are worse than prostitutes. It certainly wasn't racist as I think the same way about people's on the sink estates. anotherimigrant
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree