How Trowbridge's Stepping Stones supports children with special needs
* The centre caters for children from birth to five years old with a wide range of different conditions such as Down’s syndrome, cerebral palsy and autism.
* Its catchment area is Trowbridge, Westbury, Warminster, Bradford on Avon, Melksham and the surrounding villages.
* Referrals can be made by paediatricians, GPs, health visitors, social workers, early years practitioners, medical therapists and parents.
* Following referral, children attend assessment sessions for a period of time (six to eight weeks) every Tuesday morning to enable a full assessment of their needs.
* They are also given the opportunity to meet health professionals such as the speech and language therapist, physiotherapist and occupational therapist.
* The centre has two playrooms, a sensory room, an enclosed outside play area, a parents’ room, kitchen and accessible toilets.
* The last Ofsted inspection carried out on Stepping Stones in 2011 found that the overall effectiveness of the early years provision at the nursery was outstanding.
* People can call the centre on 01225 350004 or, for more details, visit www.steppingstonestrow bridge.co.uk