Staff and pupils at St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Primary School in Devizes celebrated the school’s 150th anniversary and their patron saint’s day by dressing up in Victorian costume.

The school was established by the Sisters of St Joseph, who arrived in the town in 1864 and immediately set up the school, first in a building in New Park Street and then on its present site beside the Kennet and Avon Canal in St Joseph’s Place.

The school chose to mark the Feast of St Joseph on March 19 by dressing in appropriate period costume and enjoying a feast in the school hall, which was decorated especially for the occasion.