Torched night spot is back in business

This Is Wiltshire: Pete and Charlotte Rogers at the  re-opening of the Dream Lounge lapdance club after it was gutted by fire last summer Pete and Charlotte Rogers at the re-opening of the Dream Lounge lapdance club after it was gutted by fire last summer

CROWDS packed out the Dream Lounge over the weekend as the lapdancing club relaunched nine months after it went up in flames.

The gentlemen’s club in Victoria Road was targeted by Faisal Qaddus, 27, of Amber Court, who reversed a car into the front of the club and doused it with petrol before setting it alight last July.

Since then, the family-run business has worked hard to carry out repair work and renovations, with the final fixtures and fittings put in place just hours before Friday’s invite-only evening.

Sandra Rogers, who helps her husband Peter run the business, said: “It went really well, we’ve had to turn people away from the showcase evening because it was invite-only. Everyone has said that they really like it and it feels more like a nightclub now.

“We’re called Dream Lounge and I really want it to have a lounge feel, somewhere where you can go for a couple of drinks at the end of the night. I want it to be somewhere people want to come for their hen parties or other dos.

“We’ve also got lots of new ideas for our clients to enjoy, like the Dream Lounge Dollar, and if you want to find out what that is then you’ll have to come along and find out for yourself.”

Comments (21)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:14am Mon 28 Apr 14

house on the hill says...

How long before it goes T1ts up then?
How long before it goes T1ts up then? house on the hill
  • Score: 4

8:25am Mon 28 Apr 14

peewee says...

how many more down and out joints do we need in this town, seedy and unreputable business! even if i got invited wouldn't even step foot in a place like that
how many more down and out joints do we need in this town, seedy and unreputable business! even if i got invited wouldn't even step foot in a place like that peewee
  • Score: 6

8:45am Mon 28 Apr 14

Lips1964 says...

peewee wrote:
how many more down and out joints do we need in this town, seedy and unreputable business! even if i got invited wouldn't even step foot in a place like that
Stop your whining, how is it "seedy and unreputable" what a pathetic comment, what's your real name Germaine Greer ?
I bet they are really disappointed that you won't be setting foot in their premises !
[quote][p][bold]peewee[/bold] wrote: how many more down and out joints do we need in this town, seedy and unreputable business! even if i got invited wouldn't even step foot in a place like that[/p][/quote]Stop your whining, how is it "seedy and unreputable" what a pathetic comment, what's your real name Germaine Greer ? I bet they are really disappointed that you won't be setting foot in their premises ! Lips1964
  • Score: -2

9:07am Mon 28 Apr 14

Chrisg46 says...

I went into Dream Lounge once (although i suspect it was more likely one of the preceding efforts in that place), but left after 5 or 10 minutes - as Peewee says, it was very cheap inside, and seedy. Being propositioned by several of the girls for a "financial" exchange was not what i wanted so i went home.
However, i have been to Foxies several times and had a good time, no pressure from friendly girls etc. If DL can emulate that atmosphere, good luck to them.
I went into Dream Lounge once (although i suspect it was more likely one of the preceding efforts in that place), but left after 5 or 10 minutes - as Peewee says, it was very cheap inside, and seedy. Being propositioned by several of the girls for a "financial" exchange was not what i wanted so i went home. However, i have been to Foxies several times and had a good time, no pressure from friendly girls etc. If DL can emulate that atmosphere, good luck to them. Chrisg46
  • Score: -2

9:43am Mon 28 Apr 14

Lips1964 says...

Chrisg46 wrote:
I went into Dream Lounge once (although i suspect it was more likely one of the preceding efforts in that place), but left after 5 or 10 minutes - as Peewee says, it was very cheap inside, and seedy. Being propositioned by several of the girls for a "financial" exchange was not what i wanted so i went home. However, i have been to Foxies several times and had a good time, no pressure from friendly girls etc. If DL can emulate that atmosphere, good luck to them.
You honestly think Peewee has been into one of these establishments?, based on his comment I very much doubt it
And yes of course some of these places can be seedy, however this is a refurbished business since the arson attack and surely should not be quick to criticise or label it in the same way without checking it out.
You also say it was probably a business in same location prior to Dream Lounge that you visited.
You are obviously a frequent user of said establishments so will await your critique after you have vistied.
[quote][p][bold]Chrisg46[/bold] wrote: I went into Dream Lounge once (although i suspect it was more likely one of the preceding efforts in that place), but left after 5 or 10 minutes - as Peewee says, it was very cheap inside, and seedy. Being propositioned by several of the girls for a "financial" exchange was not what i wanted so i went home. However, i have been to Foxies several times and had a good time, no pressure from friendly girls etc. If DL can emulate that atmosphere, good luck to them.[/p][/quote]You honestly think Peewee has been into one of these establishments?, based on his comment I very much doubt it And yes of course some of these places can be seedy, however this is a refurbished business since the arson attack and surely should not be quick to criticise or label it in the same way without checking it out. You also say it was probably a business in same location prior to Dream Lounge that you visited. You are obviously a frequent user of said establishments so will await your critique after you have vistied. Lips1964
  • Score: -5

9:46am Mon 28 Apr 14

mrwoo says...

I like naked ladies!
I like naked ladies! mrwoo
  • Score: 5

10:04am Mon 28 Apr 14

uruguay whitey the red says...

she said she hoped they could attract hen parties??a club/lounge full of scantily clad dancers and drunk scantily clad hen parties???im hoping to get a job serving behind the bar!!!
she said she hoped they could attract hen parties??a club/lounge full of scantily clad dancers and drunk scantily clad hen parties???im hoping to get a job serving behind the bar!!! uruguay whitey the red
  • Score: 4

11:23am Mon 28 Apr 14

Chrisg46 says...

it was 2009 that i would have gone to that place, i do think it was called something else at the time (godfathers?) so am not suggesting improper actions took place at DL unless it was the same place back then!
And sadly not that frequent, no more than once or twice a year!
it was 2009 that i would have gone to that place, i do think it was called something else at the time (godfathers?) so am not suggesting improper actions took place at DL unless it was the same place back then! And sadly not that frequent, no more than once or twice a year! Chrisg46
  • Score: 0

11:35am Mon 28 Apr 14

house on the hill says...

mrwoo wrote:
I like naked ladies!
For the right price I am sure they would like you too lol!!!!
[quote][p][bold]mrwoo[/bold] wrote: I like naked ladies![/p][/quote]For the right price I am sure they would like you too lol!!!! house on the hill
  • Score: 9

12:51pm Mon 28 Apr 14

Blackwell 2 says...

Chrisg46 wrote:
it was 2009 that i would have gone to that place, i do think it was called something else at the time (godfathers?) so am not suggesting improper actions took place at DL unless it was the same place back then!
And sadly not that frequent, no more than once or twice a year!
What did Emma think of that?
Or doesn't she know yet?
[quote][p][bold]Chrisg46[/bold] wrote: it was 2009 that i would have gone to that place, i do think it was called something else at the time (godfathers?) so am not suggesting improper actions took place at DL unless it was the same place back then! And sadly not that frequent, no more than once or twice a year![/p][/quote]What did Emma think of that? Or doesn't she know yet? Blackwell 2
  • Score: 4

12:56pm Mon 28 Apr 14

Chrisg46 says...

Emma?
Emma? Chrisg46
  • Score: 2

1:20pm Mon 28 Apr 14

house on the hill says...

uruguay whitey the red wrote:
she said she hoped they could attract hen parties??a club/lounge full of scantily clad dancers and drunk scantily clad hen parties???im hoping to get a job serving behind the bar!!!
Setting the bar pretty low then with professional pole dancers and drunks!
[quote][p][bold]uruguay whitey the red[/bold] wrote: she said she hoped they could attract hen parties??a club/lounge full of scantily clad dancers and drunk scantily clad hen parties???im hoping to get a job serving behind the bar!!![/p][/quote]Setting the bar pretty low then with professional pole dancers and drunks! house on the hill
  • Score: 4

1:44pm Mon 28 Apr 14

Amberflame says...

Lips1964 wrote:
peewee wrote:
how many more down and out joints do we need in this town, seedy and unreputable business! even if i got invited wouldn't even step foot in a place like that
Stop your whining, how is it "seedy and unreputable" what a pathetic comment, what's your real name Germaine Greer ?
I bet they are really disappointed that you won't be setting foot in their premises !
What's your problem with Germaine Greer?
[quote][p][bold]Lips1964[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]peewee[/bold] wrote: how many more down and out joints do we need in this town, seedy and unreputable business! even if i got invited wouldn't even step foot in a place like that[/p][/quote]Stop your whining, how is it "seedy and unreputable" what a pathetic comment, what's your real name Germaine Greer ? I bet they are really disappointed that you won't be setting foot in their premises ![/p][/quote]What's your problem with Germaine Greer? Amberflame
  • Score: 4

1:48pm Mon 28 Apr 14

Amberflame says...

I would like to know why this establishment is receiving so much attention. Are these articles being paid for by them or is there some kickback for the staff at the Advert??
I would like to know why this establishment is receiving so much attention. Are these articles being paid for by them or is there some kickback for the staff at the Advert?? Amberflame
  • Score: 6

3:10pm Mon 28 Apr 14

peewee says...

Lips1964 wrote:
Chrisg46 wrote:
I went into Dream Lounge once (although i suspect it was more likely one of the preceding efforts in that place), but left after 5 or 10 minutes - as Peewee says, it was very cheap inside, and seedy. Being propositioned by several of the girls for a "financial" exchange was not what i wanted so i went home. However, i have been to Foxies several times and had a good time, no pressure from friendly girls etc. If DL can emulate that atmosphere, good luck to them.
You honestly think Peewee has been into one of these establishments?, based on his comment I very much doubt it
And yes of course some of these places can be seedy, however this is a refurbished business since the arson attack and surely should not be quick to criticise or label it in the same way without checking it out.
You also say it was probably a business in same location prior to Dream Lounge that you visited.
You are obviously a frequent user of said establishments so will await your critique after you have vistied.
you must be working there, or are a stripper there, as you keep reposting comments, people have got opinions, if you dont like em, don't bother looking mate
[quote][p][bold]Lips1964[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chrisg46[/bold] wrote: I went into Dream Lounge once (although i suspect it was more likely one of the preceding efforts in that place), but left after 5 or 10 minutes - as Peewee says, it was very cheap inside, and seedy. Being propositioned by several of the girls for a "financial" exchange was not what i wanted so i went home. However, i have been to Foxies several times and had a good time, no pressure from friendly girls etc. If DL can emulate that atmosphere, good luck to them.[/p][/quote]You honestly think Peewee has been into one of these establishments?, based on his comment I very much doubt it And yes of course some of these places can be seedy, however this is a refurbished business since the arson attack and surely should not be quick to criticise or label it in the same way without checking it out. You also say it was probably a business in same location prior to Dream Lounge that you visited. You are obviously a frequent user of said establishments so will await your critique after you have vistied.[/p][/quote]you must be working there, or are a stripper there, as you keep reposting comments, people have got opinions, if you dont like em, don't bother looking mate peewee
  • Score: 4

3:12pm Mon 28 Apr 14

peewee says...

Amberflame wrote:
Lips1964 wrote:
peewee wrote:
how many more down and out joints do we need in this town, seedy and unreputable business! even if i got invited wouldn't even step foot in a place like that
Stop your whining, how is it "seedy and unreputable" what a pathetic comment, what's your real name Germaine Greer ?
I bet they are really disappointed that you won't be setting foot in their premises !
What's your problem with Germaine Greer?
omg i love the comments on here, better than lips1964 who works there obviously
[quote][p][bold]Amberflame[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lips1964[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]peewee[/bold] wrote: how many more down and out joints do we need in this town, seedy and unreputable business! even if i got invited wouldn't even step foot in a place like that[/p][/quote]Stop your whining, how is it "seedy and unreputable" what a pathetic comment, what's your real name Germaine Greer ? I bet they are really disappointed that you won't be setting foot in their premises ![/p][/quote]What's your problem with Germaine Greer?[/p][/quote]omg i love the comments on here, better than lips1964 who works there obviously peewee
  • Score: 2

3:15pm Mon 28 Apr 14

peewee says...

and all my comments are to lips 1964 whoever that is obviously the owner or a woman that works there!!
and all my comments are to lips 1964 whoever that is obviously the owner or a woman that works there!! peewee
  • Score: 1

6:34pm Mon 28 Apr 14

fittontastic says...

"I really want it to have a lounge feel"

Perhaps it would have more of a lounge feel if it had fewer strippers in it?
"I really want it to have a lounge feel" Perhaps it would have more of a lounge feel if it had fewer strippers in it? fittontastic
  • Score: 0

8:20pm Mon 28 Apr 14

house on the hill says...

fittontastic wrote:
"I really want it to have a lounge feel"

Perhaps it would have more of a lounge feel if it had fewer strippers in it?
what goes on in your house then lol?? Just not sure they should call it a gentleman's club as a real gentleman wouldnt be seen dead in a place like that
[quote][p][bold]fittontastic[/bold] wrote: "I really want it to have a lounge feel" Perhaps it would have more of a lounge feel if it had fewer strippers in it?[/p][/quote]what goes on in your house then lol?? Just not sure they should call it a gentleman's club as a real gentleman wouldnt be seen dead in a place like that house on the hill
  • Score: 1

9:41am Tue 29 Apr 14

Lips1964 says...

peewee wrote:
and all my comments are to lips 1964 whoever that is obviously the owner or a woman that works there!!
Firstly, I can categorically say I have nothing whatsover to do with this business or any connection to the employees that work there and never have.
The point I am trying to make is people shouldn't judge an establishment calling it seedy and unreputable if they have no intention of using it and have not even visited the place.

It is not a place I am likely to ever go to either but just because it is a "gentlemans club" does not mean it is a den of inequity and vice.

I too - have an opinion and to paraphrase you ... if you dont like em, don't bother looking mate
[quote][p][bold]peewee[/bold] wrote: and all my comments are to lips 1964 whoever that is obviously the owner or a woman that works there!![/p][/quote]Firstly, I can categorically say I have nothing whatsover to do with this business or any connection to the employees that work there and never have. The point I am trying to make is people shouldn't judge an establishment calling it seedy and unreputable if they have no intention of using it and have not even visited the place. It is not a place I am likely to ever go to either but just because it is a "gentlemans club" does not mean it is a den of inequity and vice. I too - have an opinion and to paraphrase you ... if you dont like em, don't bother looking mate Lips1964
  • Score: 2

6:42pm Tue 29 Apr 14

fittontastic says...

Lips1964 wrote:
peewee wrote:
and all my comments are to lips 1964 whoever that is obviously the owner or a woman that works there!!
Firstly, I can categorically say I have nothing whatsover to do with this business or any connection to the employees that work there and never have.
The point I am trying to make is people shouldn't judge an establishment calling it seedy and unreputable if they have no intention of using it and have not even visited the place.

It is not a place I am likely to ever go to either but just because it is a "gentlemans club" does not mean it is a den of inequity and vice.

I too - have an opinion and to paraphrase you ... if you dont like em, don't bother looking mate
The point I am trying to make is people shouldn't judge an establishment calling it seedy and unreputable if they have no intention of using it and have not even visited the place.


If a grotty lapdancing club in the run-down town centre of a middle-sized English town doesn't meet your definition of the word seedy, you might not know what the word means.
[quote][p][bold]Lips1964[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]peewee[/bold] wrote: and all my comments are to lips 1964 whoever that is obviously the owner or a woman that works there!![/p][/quote]Firstly, I can categorically say I have nothing whatsover to do with this business or any connection to the employees that work there and never have. The point I am trying to make is people shouldn't judge an establishment calling it seedy and unreputable if they have no intention of using it and have not even visited the place. It is not a place I am likely to ever go to either but just because it is a "gentlemans club" does not mean it is a den of inequity and vice. I too - have an opinion and to paraphrase you ... if you dont like em, don't bother looking mate[/p][/quote][quote]The point I am trying to make is people shouldn't judge an establishment calling it seedy and unreputable if they have no intention of using it and have not even visited the place.[/quote] If a grotty lapdancing club in the run-down town centre of a middle-sized English town doesn't meet your definition of the word seedy, you might not know what the word means. fittontastic
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree