Fire breaks out on Savernake Hospital ward
6:00pm Thursday 8th May 2014 in News
Patients at Savernake Hospital had to be moved while firefighters tackled a small fire last Wednesday.
A crew from Marlborough attended the hospital at 6.30pm where an electric motor in a waste disposal unit had caught fire.
The situation was resolved at 7.50pm and patients and staff were allowed back onto that area of the ward.
A spokesperson for Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust said: “Staff were alerted to smoke on a ward caused by a burnt out motor part of a waste disposal unit. Four patients were moved to a safe part of the ward. We thank the fire service and our staff who maintained patient care.”
Comments are closed on this article.