Agents for derelict Peter Black site in Trowbridge negotiating with developer

This Is Wiltshire: The former Peter Black site in Trowbridge The former Peter Black site in Trowbridge

Agents for the derelict Peter Black site in Trowbridge are negotiating with a developer who wants to buy it, Wiltshire Council has announced.

Officers from the council recently met the agents, Jones Lang Lasalle, and have now confirmed they are negotiating with a developer and that the interested party is keen to move quickly.

The as-yet-un-named developer has already discussed options with Wessex Water regarding sewerage pipes running under the site.

They have also made progress on a number of surveys, including contamination.

Trowbridge Area Board heard on Thursday that further preparatory work is planned, including a retail impact assessment, ecological studies and flood risk.

A statement from Tim Maritenssen, head of service, economic development and planning at Wiltshire Council, said: “They (the developer) intend to go down a pre-application route and are hoping to submit detailed planning in the near future.

“The developer had been advised by officers that public consultation should follow a similar format as for St Stephen’s Place including early talks with Transforming Trowbridge, Trowbridge Area Board, the ward member and town council.

“At this stage, the potential final occupiers have not been confirmed and all names are commercially confidential.”

The former factory has been empty for years. A recent bid by Wiltshire Council to buy the land was rejected after it was judged not high enough.

Comments (20)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:50pm Tue 20 May 14

wiltshirebloke says...

Let's just hope that this doesn't get stalled for yet another bizarre reason.

... and I just hope that the potential new tenant doesn't use the 'Transforming Trowbridge' website for reference. It hasn't been updated since mid 2013. Hardly a good shop window for attracting investment is it ?!

While the council are at it , are they already thinking about the derelict building on the Town Bridge (ex-Bathroom Showroom/GK Motors) - We don't want another 'Peter Black' situation when Innox Riverside gets off the ground, only to be next to a grotty old building!
Let's just hope that this doesn't get stalled for yet another bizarre reason. ... and I just hope that the potential new tenant doesn't use the 'Transforming Trowbridge' website for reference. It hasn't been updated since mid 2013. Hardly a good shop window for attracting investment is it ?! While the council are at it , are they already thinking about the derelict building on the Town Bridge (ex-Bathroom Showroom/GK Motors) - We don't want another 'Peter Black' situation when Innox Riverside gets off the ground, only to be next to a grotty old building! wiltshirebloke
  • Score: 16

10:14am Wed 21 May 14

D@ve says...

So bets on what’s going here...... I'll go for

Another Hotel
Family Pub
Gym
Apartments
Riverside Bar / Restaurant

Either way, it can't be much worse than what's already there!
So bets on what’s going here...... I'll go for Another Hotel Family Pub Gym Apartments Riverside Bar / Restaurant Either way, it can't be much worse than what's already there! D@ve
  • Score: 4

10:09pm Wed 21 May 14

GP & JK GOT IT WRONG says...

Don't really mind as long it's not ANOTHER unwanted cinema .
Don't really mind as long it's not ANOTHER unwanted cinema . GP & JK GOT IT WRONG
  • Score: -2

10:31pm Wed 21 May 14

frankie007 says...

Perhaps all those people who want a bowling alley & ice rink have clubbed together & formed a consortium.
Perhaps all those people who want a bowling alley & ice rink have clubbed together & formed a consortium. frankie007
  • Score: 12

8:55am Thu 22 May 14

D@ve says...

MRMU Ltd have bought the site.
MRMU Ltd have bought the site. D@ve
  • Score: 2

11:12am Thu 22 May 14

PCS_Wilts says...

@Dave,

cold
cold
cold
cold &
cold
@Dave, cold cold cold cold & cold PCS_Wilts
  • Score: -5

12:13pm Thu 22 May 14

D@ve says...

PCS_Wilts wrote:
@Dave, cold cold cold cold & cold
PSC - I've been in conversation with the developer!!

It's a joint development between MRMU Ltd & King Developments Ltd with Jones Lang Lasalle acting as agents.

I suggest it's YOU who need to get your facts right. As always, you post and continue to post false information on these boards.
[quote][p][bold]PCS_Wilts[/bold] wrote: @Dave, cold cold cold cold & cold[/p][/quote]PSC - I've been in conversation with the developer!! It's a joint development between MRMU Ltd & King Developments Ltd with Jones Lang Lasalle acting as agents. I suggest it's YOU who need to get your facts right. As always, you post and continue to post false information on these boards. D@ve
  • Score: 9

12:21pm Thu 22 May 14

PCS_Wilts says...

D@ve wrote:
So bets on what’s going here...... I'll go for

Another Hotel
Family Pub
Gym
Apartments
Riverside Bar / Restaurant

Either way, it can't be much worse than what's already there!
I know that none of these are correct... unfortunately I'm not at liberty to say any more than that.
[quote][p][bold]D@ve[/bold] wrote: So bets on what’s going here...... I'll go for Another Hotel Family Pub Gym Apartments Riverside Bar / Restaurant Either way, it can't be much worse than what's already there![/p][/quote]I know that none of these are correct... unfortunately I'm not at liberty to say any more than that. PCS_Wilts
  • Score: -5

1:04pm Thu 22 May 14

GP & JK GOT IT WRONG says...

D@ve . If PCS is wrong as you say,youre telling everyone this is going on Peter Black.
Another Hotel
Family Pub
Gym
Apartments
Riverside Bar / Restaurant
yes??
D@ve . If PCS is wrong as you say,youre telling everyone this is going on Peter Black. Another Hotel Family Pub Gym Apartments Riverside Bar / Restaurant yes?? GP & JK GOT IT WRONG
  • Score: 0

1:22pm Thu 22 May 14

Happy! says...

PCS_Wilts wrote:
D@ve wrote:
So bets on what’s going here...... I'll go for

Another Hotel
Family Pub
Gym
Apartments
Riverside Bar / Restaurant

Either way, it can't be much worse than what's already there!
I know that none of these are correct... unfortunately I'm not at liberty to say any more than that.
Yawn!
[quote][p][bold]PCS_Wilts[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]D@ve[/bold] wrote: So bets on what’s going here...... I'll go for Another Hotel Family Pub Gym Apartments Riverside Bar / Restaurant Either way, it can't be much worse than what's already there![/p][/quote]I know that none of these are correct... unfortunately I'm not at liberty to say any more than that.[/p][/quote]Yawn! Happy!
  • Score: 5

2:26pm Thu 22 May 14

brandx says...

I heard that it was to be a family pub, that's only talk.

Whoever and whatwever it is .will have to accommodate or divert the big sewer that runs across the site.
I heard that it was to be a family pub, that's only talk. Whoever and whatwever it is .will have to accommodate or divert the big sewer that runs across the site. brandx
  • Score: 0

4:06pm Thu 22 May 14

D@ve says...

GP & JK GOT IT WRONG wrote:
D@ve . If PCS is wrong as you say,youre telling everyone this is going on Peter Black. Another Hotel Family Pub Gym Apartments Riverside Bar / Restaurant yes??
I have no idea what is actually being built, I'm judging this based on the developers other projects.
[quote][p][bold]GP & JK GOT IT WRONG[/bold] wrote: D@ve . If PCS is wrong as you say,youre telling everyone this is going on Peter Black. Another Hotel Family Pub Gym Apartments Riverside Bar / Restaurant yes??[/p][/quote]I have no idea what is actually being built, I'm judging this based on the developers other projects. D@ve
  • Score: 2

4:10pm Thu 22 May 14

PCS_Wilts says...

D@ve wrote:
GP & JK GOT IT WRONG wrote:
D@ve . If PCS is wrong as you say,youre telling everyone this is going on Peter Black. Another Hotel Family Pub Gym Apartments Riverside Bar / Restaurant yes??
I have no idea what is actually being built, I'm judging this based on the developers other projects.
How can you tell me I'm wrong if you don't know????

lmao
[quote][p][bold]D@ve[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GP & JK GOT IT WRONG[/bold] wrote: D@ve . If PCS is wrong as you say,youre telling everyone this is going on Peter Black. Another Hotel Family Pub Gym Apartments Riverside Bar / Restaurant yes??[/p][/quote]I have no idea what is actually being built, I'm judging this based on the developers other projects.[/p][/quote]How can you tell me I'm wrong if you don't know???? lmao PCS_Wilts
  • Score: 1

4:25pm Thu 22 May 14

D@ve says...

Shaun, can you tell me where I have stated what is being built? I said I had a feeling you'd see xyz

All I posted is that i know who the developers are, I have been in dialog with them.
Shaun, can you tell me where I have stated what is being built? I said I had a feeling you'd see xyz All I posted is that i know who the developers are, I have been in dialog with them. D@ve
  • Score: 1

4:31pm Thu 22 May 14

PCS_Wilts says...

D@ve wrote:
Shaun, can you tell me where I have stated what is being built? I said I had a feeling you'd see xyz

All I posted is that i know who the developers are, I have been in dialog with them.
Dave you told me I needed to get my facts right when I told you your
"guesses" were cold - turns out you don't have any facts yourself so you weren't really in a position to make that comment were you...

I actually do have facts - hence the reason I can tell you that your speculation is way off the mark...
[quote][p][bold]D@ve[/bold] wrote: Shaun, can you tell me where I have stated what is being built? I said I had a feeling you'd see xyz All I posted is that i know who the developers are, I have been in dialog with them.[/p][/quote]Dave you told me I needed to get my facts right when I told you your "guesses" were cold - turns out you don't have any facts yourself so you weren't really in a position to make that comment were you... I actually do have facts - hence the reason I can tell you that your speculation is way off the mark... PCS_Wilts
  • Score: -3

4:55pm Thu 22 May 14

D@ve says...

So what are you hiding? It can be public knowledge of who owns the site, you only need to visit the land registry website. So spill the beans.

I have actual email conversations from the developers confirming that MRMU and King Developments LTD as a joint venture have purchased the site and the plans are already very advanced with the majority of operators already sourced.
So what are you hiding? It can be public knowledge of who owns the site, you only need to visit the land registry website. So spill the beans. I have actual email conversations from the developers confirming that MRMU and King Developments LTD as a joint venture have purchased the site and the plans are already very advanced with the majority of operators already sourced. D@ve
  • Score: 2

4:55pm Thu 22 May 14

PCS_Wilts says...

@Dave,

I apologise.

there is still room for your speculation to be correct on 60% of the site.
@Dave, I apologise. there is still room for your speculation to be correct on 60% of the site. PCS_Wilts
  • Score: 0

8:02pm Thu 22 May 14

markinmelksham says...

"Retail imact assessment" - bearing in mind that there are large warehouses on Bradley Road and the 2 cinemas will cater for reastarants and pubs, it could be that Waitrose are resurrecting their plans or Marks and Spencer wanting to build some form of presence in Trowbridge as a backup plan if CHippenham fails.
"Retail imact assessment" - bearing in mind that there are large warehouses on Bradley Road and the 2 cinemas will cater for reastarants and pubs, it could be that Waitrose are resurrecting their plans or Marks and Spencer wanting to build some form of presence in Trowbridge as a backup plan if CHippenham fails. markinmelksham
  • Score: 9

10:02pm Thu 22 May 14

PCS_Wilts says...

Wonder if we could fit this onto PB... ;)

http://www.itv.com/n
ews/2012-10-08/2-bil
lion-theme-park-in-u
k-to-rival-disneylan
d-paris/
Wonder if we could fit this onto PB... ;) http://www.itv.com/n ews/2012-10-08/2-bil lion-theme-park-in-u k-to-rival-disneylan d-paris/ PCS_Wilts
  • Score: 7

10:03am Fri 23 May 14

Happy! says...

Snow dome!!!!
Snow dome!!!! Happy!
  • Score: 10

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree