A FINAL desperate plea has been made by the young victim of a sexual assault in a busy train station after investigations stalled.

On July 6 last year a woman from Swindon, who was 22 at the time, was travelling home through Bristol Temple Meads train station at about 10pm.

A man approached her and began to molest her. Police later said they wanted to speak to a man captured in CCTV footage of the platform at the time of the incident.

Despite extensive investigations the offender was not found and the man in the CCTV images was not located.

It was believed the man could have been from the Wiltshire or Somerset area, yet nobody on the platform at the time or seeing the appeal was able to shed any light on the offence.

One year on from the assault the victim, now 23, put out one last appeal on social media this week to try to identify her attacker.

Posting anonymously online, the victim, who for legal reasons cannot be named, wrote: “Nearly a year ago to the day I was sexually assaulted at Bristol Temple Meads in the train station.

“No one has been arrested or charged over it. Also not one single person has come forward with any information as well about it, although the platform was packed.

“I am posting this in the hope some new information might come out.”

A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “There was a thorough investigation into the report of a sexual assault at Bristol Temple Meads railway station on July 6, 2013.

“The investigation included the circulation of a witness appeal to the media and via British Transport Police’s Twitter account.

“The media appeal was later reissued to a wider audience but, despite the best efforts of the investigating officers, the person British Transport Police wished to speak to in relation to this incident has not been traced.

“However, if anyone has any information which they believe could assist, they are asked to contact British Transport Police on Freefone 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting log reference 174 of 07/07/13.”