A PIZZA delivery driver raped a 15-year-old girl after agreeing to give her a lift home when she was stranded alone on a night out, a jury has been told.

Tahir Mehmood is said to have forced himself on the 'naive' teenager after taking her to a bungalow which he used for family when they visited from Pakistan.

The 27-year-old, who has an Urdu interpreter for his trial at Swindon Crown Court, denies charges of rape and sexual activity with a child.

Tessa Hingston, prosecuting, told the jury of seven women and five men the case is about events during the summer of 2012.

"A much older man is alleged to have forced himself on a naive 15-year-old girl trusted him and thought he as her friend," she said.

The schoolgirl, who is now aged 17, got to know Mehmood, who is married with four stepchildren, through his work at Dominos in West Swindon, she said.

He would often give her lifts, Miss Hingston, said, and on the night of the alleged rape he had called her on her mobile asking to meet up.

Because she was going to a party with school friends she declined, but when she couldn't get hold of the pal she had planned to meet up with she called him back.

He agreed to pick her up from Cheney Manor Road and give her a lift home, she said, but once in his car he said he had to get a bottle of wine for his wife at Tesco.

After making the purchase he went to drop it off at his Stratton home but returned to the car moments later with it still in his hand.

The girl said he offered to show her his second home, a bungalow on Snowdon Place, and insisted she look around inside the unoccupied house.

In a video interview with police two years ago the girl said she wanted to go home but didn't know how to tell him.

She said he insisted she have a glass of the red wine, which she didn't like, and he had a couple before saying she must see the bedroom.

"I went to the bathroom to look around and he is behind me. I turned to go back, that is when he kisses me. At first I am like, I don't know what to do," she said.

The girl said she told him 'No, no, no, no,' and he was quite forceful with her before apologising.

"I told him to stop. He was like 'Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to'. I said 'I want to go'," she said.

She said he then pushed her on to the bed and held her down with one hand while he took off her tights and knickers with the other.

He also took off his trousers and pants while pinning her down and then raped her, she said.

She said 'I was so scared I didn't know what to do,' and then 'I was telling him to stop but he wouldn't'.

At first she tried to fight him off, she said, but then stopped for a while before kicking and screaming again and he stopped and went to the bathroom.

She said she tried to leave but couldn't open the front door as she thought it was locked so had to wait for him to take her home at about 5am.

"I said I wanted to leave. Normally Tahir is like all smiles but he said 'No, you leave when I leave'," she said.

The girl said it was her first time she had had sex andit  hurt a lot and when she eventually told the police a few weeks later they found her blood on the mattress.

Mehmood, of Ermin Street, Stratton, denies rape and sexual activity with a child. The case continues.