Devizes babies are all winners at mayor's show
Updated 10:15am Thursday 21st August 2014 in By Joanne Moore
Mum Belinda Rogan had to miss her baby’s big day when work commitments meant she missed Daniel being crowned winner of the Mayor’s Baby Show in Devizes yesterday.
Instead Daniels’ big sister Tamsin, 22, was in charge of making sure he made the right impressions on the judges.
She said: “My mum was so upset that she had to miss the judging.”
Daniel Lieshman, 14 months, of Victoria Road, Devizes, won the 12-18 month age group before going head to head with other age group winners Bobby-Wayne Smythe, four months, who took the 0 to six month category, and Helena Sysum, seven months, who took the six to 12 months’ title.
Mayor Sarah Bridewell said: “Choosing between them was the hardest things. They were all lovely and I would have liked to have picked them all.”
Helena’s mother Emma Sysum, of Bromham, said: “It has been a lovely experience.”
Emma Smythe, of Combe Walk, Devizes, whose baby won the youngest age group, said: “I was very excited that he won.”
1. Bobby Wayne Smith, age four months, of Combe Walk, Devizes
2. Ava Louise Grew, five months, of Caen Hill Gardens, Devizes
3. Emily Chase, six weeks, of Wessex Close, Devizes
1. Helena Sysum, seven months, from Bromham
2. Latia-Alesha Flippance, 11 months, from Market Lavington
3. Bella Boudebza, eight months, of Mattock Close, Devizes
1. Daniel Lieshman, 14 months, of Victoria Road, Devizes
2. Bobby Jackson, 17 months, of Bricksteed Avenue, Devizes
3. Ivy Dallison, 12 months, The Park, Erlestoke