A man who stabbed a former bouncer outside a town centre pub has been told to expect a jail term.

Lee Turner, 26, was found guilty of unlawful wounding and possessing a bladed article following a four day trial at Swindon Crown Court.

Turner was cleared by the jury of the more serious charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

But he was convicted of the lesser charge in relation to the assault outside The Crown, in Devizes.

Judge Douglas Field adjourned the case so the probation service can compile a report on Turner, who has a long list of previous convictions starting from when he was 11.

He told him: "You must realise that the inevitable outcome is going to be a custodial sentence."

The judge released him on conditional bail to live at an address in Wiltshire Avenue, Swindon, and comply with the making of the report.

He will sentence him at Bournemouth Crown Court on Friday, September 12.

Turner pulled a knife on victim Anthony Walker when the older man was getting the better of him in a fight in the street.

The defendant had gone to the pub in Devizes on Saturday, October 5, last year with his then girlfriend Michelle Baker.

In the early hours of the following morning he was thrown out after other customers and door staff thought he was manhandling her.

But he insisted they had all misinterpreted his affection towards her as he just took hold of her to plant a kiss on her.

Once outside he accepted he had acted 'like and idiot' as he took his T-shirt off and threatened door staff and other revellers.

When Miss Baker came out, CCTV footage showed him push her and cause her to fall to the ground, which he said was an accident.

He then turned to the bouncers and soon afterwards Mr Walker punched him, saying he thought he was about to be attacked.

In the following fight the former bouncer said he saw Turner reach for his back pocket, but never saw a weapon or knife.

He only realised he had been stabbed after going into the pub soon after the men had been separated on the other side of the road, out of sight of cameras.

Meanwhile Turner was knocked unconscious with a graze to his head and double break to the jaw which needed plates and pins inserted.

A knife with his blood and Mr Walker's DNA was found nearby, hidden behind a utility box, by police.

Turner denied it was anything to do with him saying he did not have a weapon with him and had not stabbed anyone.

He was cleared of a count of common assault against a woman in the pub on the direction of the judge.