THE LIST: 10 things to do around Swindon this weekend (August 30&31 edition) (From This Is Wiltshire)
THE LIST: 10 things to do around Swindon this weekend (August 30&31 edition)
Updated 8:58am Friday 29th August 2014 in News
AS another weekend beckons we bring you the latest in our new regular weekly slot giving you 10 things to do in and around Swindon.
If you have an event scheduled on Saturday or Sunday that isn't listed add it in the comments section at the bottom of the article.
If you know of an event taking place on upcoming weekends that you want to see included in future lists email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10 THINGS TO DO IN AND AROUND SWINDON THIS WEEKEND
- The Big Feastival, at Alex James' Farm, Kingham, Oxfordshire, from 11am to 11pm, Friday to Sunday. Jamie Oliver and Alex James will present the unique weekend celebration of music, food and fun for all the family, set on Alex’s idyllic Cotswolds farm.
- Lydiard Bark Dog Show takes place on Sunday at Lydiard Park from 11am to 4pm. Lydiard Park and Eastcott Veterinary Clinic have teamed up to create the show which will include a variety of classes to suit all breeds, shapes and sizes.
Old Town Yard Sale, on Sunday from 12pm to 4pm. Lots of residents in 10 Old Town streets will be selling from their front yards, with 20 more car-booty stalls, refreshments and a Pamper Zone at Savernake Street Social Hall.
- The Broad Town Big Gig, on Saturday, at the Showfield, with acts including Log Off, The Sulks, Kelly Lee, AK Poets, SN Dubstation, Charlie-Anne, Talk In Code, George Wilding, The Midwest Big Band, Theo Altietzi, Ethemia, Josh Kumtza and The Vooz. Tickets are £17.50 for adults and £7.50 for 12 to 17 year olds.
Pigstock 2014 at The Royal Oak, Bishopstone on Saturday and Sunday featuring live music and plenty of food and drink. Camping is available on the farm.
Commonwealth and European swimming champion Jazz Carlin will show off her medals at the Link Centre’s annual Open Day on Saturday from 10am to 5pm.
- Coate Water to Wanborough Wander, steady nine mile ride, from 10am. All ages welcome. Visit www.goskyride.com/swindon for more information.
- The Nathan Jones Allstars Tea Dance at the Memorial Hall in Royal Wootton Bassett on Sunday from 2pm to 5pm. Tickets are £6 on the door.
- Coffee and cake morning at Toothill Church on Saturday from 10.30am to 12 noon. All funds go to the church.
- The Sun Freezes Over, on Saturday, from 1pm. The Sun Inn at Coate Water will be embracing the ice bucket challenge, with £1 from each participant donated to charity.
Comments are closed on this article.