Fire at sheltered flat in Devizes

Firefighters were called to a sheltered flat in Devizes on Thursday afternoon after a waste paper bin caught fire.

Two crews from Devizes fire station were called to the incident at Chantry Court in Gains Lane at around 1.30pm.

The occupant of the flat was out of the property when the crews arrived after extinguishing the fire in the bin. But there was heavy smoke logging to the second floor of the building and firefighters used mechanical ventilation to clear the smoke.

An ambulance was called as a precaution but no one was hurt.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree