A TRIP to Whaddon Lane for Bratton Reserves saw them looking to end a seven-match winless run in Division Three and give manager Dave Griffin his first victory since taking over the club in December.

However, with hosts Trowbridge Rangers bidding for a first victory since the start of December their task was always going to be a hard one and so it proved as the sides fought out an entertaining 3-3 draw.

Bratton broke the deadlock on 10 minutes with a bizarre goal, Richard Wyatt saw his initial shot saved by the keeper, however in an attempt to clear the ball it bounced into the net of Rangers player Mike Coll to give the visitors their lead.

Dan Moore got Rangers level and a second from the in-form striker who has 21 goals to his name this term put Rangers in front.

Trowbridge Rangers, who may have just edge the first half, were put on the back foot at the start of the second as Bratton looked for a way back into the game and their pressure finally paid off with Darren Hudd tapping home to square things up at 2-2.

Against the run of play Rangers regained the lead thanks to Adam Hatch’s 25 yard looping effort.

Mark Durbin missed a straightforward header to get Bratton on level terms and when Rangers keeper Karl Freeman produced a stupendous save to deny Scott Story’s Bratton’s hopes of getting a draw looked to have gone.

But with one last throw of the dice and from a late free kick Storey launched the ball into the area where it was met by Darren Hudd who turned the ball home to give Bratton a deserved share of the spoils.

Bradford United Reserves 4 The Stiffs 1

WITH leaders Westwood News in Knock Out Cup action, Mark Hurkett’s side saw their lead at the top cut to eight points by an in-form Bradford United Reserves side whose 4-1 victory over bottom of the table The Stiffs extended their unbeaten run to six games and also saw them complete a double over Ade Giles side who they had beaten 4-2 in December.

Goals from Tom May and Scott Mitchell gave Bradford a 2-0 lead at the break, Aiden Lane’s strike deflected in off the unfortunate Kevin Ball for Bradford third.  Dan Woolford added number four for the victors with the Stiffs consolation coming from Chris Giles.

United FC 1 Polenez Westbury 2

UNITED FC were one of three sides to surrender home advantage to get a game played, with their pitch at Clarendon Academy unplayable they travelled to Leighton Sports Centre for their second meeting of the season with fierce rivals Polenez Westbury were they were hoping for a repeat of their 4-3 win from earlier in the campaign but things didn’t go to plan as Polenez avenged their earlier loss thanks to a 2-1 win.

United were made to pay for missing some glorious chances as Miroslaw Uszpelkat put Polenez ahead, a second from Uszpelkat again after United were wasteful in front of goal.

United finally found their scoring boots when Kristof Kopacz reduced the arrears via a 30 yard screamer but they lost them again before the end as they had a chance to take a point from the game when they were awarded a penalty but Lukasz Bareja missed it and so it finished 2-1 to Polenez.