Wedding raffled off for a fiver for fundraiser by Swindon pub landlady
Buy this photo » Moonrakers pub landlady Bev Neale has been raising money for Natasha Macdivitt
A HAPPY couple could soon be saying ‘I do’ for just £5 if they enter a competition to win their wedding.
Bev Neale, landlady at The Moonrakers, is running the Win Your Wedding competition until June 1 to raise funds for Prospect Hospice and 27-year-old Natasha Macdivitt, who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer.
The prize includes a dress, hair, make-up, wine, suit hire, a wedding coordinator, a buffet for 100 guests, a live band and a wedding reception in The Moonrakers Crossways Suite.
Bev said: “My sister, Ann Marie Rogers, had cancer and when I read about Natasha and saw her with her family it just touched me. She just looked so lovely with her family. It is a cause close to my heart and I just wanted to help out.”
Tickets, which are £5, are available from the Moonrakers and the winner will be chosen at random on June 2.
Money from ticket sales will be divided equally between the Prospect Hospice and Natasha.
Natasha, of Haydon End, was diagnosed with cervical cancer in July 2011 and was given the all-clear in September.
But the mum-of-three has been told that the disease has appeared in her lungs and bones – giving her less than a year to live.
Her family and friends are fundraising to make sure her children have fond memories of spending time with their mum, and also to pay for an alternative treatment that is not available on the NHS, which could extend Natasha’s life expectancy.
Natasha said: “I would just like to say how overwhelmed we as a family are at all the fundraising that’s been going on. Especially Bev and Pete whowe had never met before this fundraising.
“Since then they treated us all to their delicious roast dinners.
“We still can’t believe that they are doing another fundraiser, that they are auctioning a whole wedding package and all the money raised is being shared out.
“Not only are we one of the recipeints, but also the Prospect Hospice, which is very close to my heart as I have been a patient there for a while now and see the great work they do.
“They really deserve the money.
“We are just amazed by how many kind and generous people there really are out there, and just want to thank each and every one who has donated, or given up their time.”
Last month, Bev raised £700 for Natasha and £510 for Prospect Hospice with a fundraiser in memory of Ann Marie.
For more information phone The Moonrakers on 01793 721017.
To donate to Natasha’ fundraising visit www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/send. The email address needed to make a payment through PayPal is Dannyemail@example.com.
- Wedding dress voucher for £300 and suit hire for the groom voucher for £250 donated by the Bridal Boutique
- Bridesmaid dress voucher for £50 donated by Sew Wedding
- Wedding reception: Moonrakers Crossways Suite, decorated, and evening buffet for 100 guests donated by Moonrakers
- Table centrepiece hire donated by Floriana Flowers
- 24 bottles of wine donated by Arkells Brewery
- Disco donated by Starlight Express Digital Discos
- Live band donated by The Cover Addicts
- Wedding coordinator donated by Anything Goes Events
- Beauty treatments for the bride – HD Brows donated by Simply Beautiful Beauty By Emma
- Bridal make-up donated by Jacqueline Montague
- Bridal hair voucher for £60 donated by John Samuels Hairdressers
- Invitations donated by Bella Wedding & Party Stationery
- Bouquet and buttonhole for the bride and groom donated by Desire Flowers
- One tier cake donated by Taylor Made Cakes & Cupcakes
- Photography voucher for £250 donated by Graham McCallion Photography
- Overnight stay in a hotel for the bride and groom donated by the Blunsdon House Hotel
- Printing of tickets and posters donated by MLL Print & Digital