Quick action helps halt fire

A QUICK-THINKING worker helped prevent a fire caused by faulty welding equipment from spreading.

Two crews from from Malmesbury and Tetbury were called to a fire in a farming workshop, where there were gas tanks and which had asbestos ceiling, in White Walls near Easton Grey at 2.25pm on Saturday.

Malmesbury crew manager Mike Grimshaw said: “It was caused by a man welding – it was faulty so he went to get a spare part but a spark ignited materials.

“The good thing was, on discovery of the fire, he got some fire extinguishers and pushed the fire back.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree