Hunt for man who assaulted teenager in Marlborough
1:30pm Saturday 17th August 2013 in Latest News
A warrant for the arrest of builder Jordan Blake has been issued after he was found guilty of assaulting a teenage boy – knocking out one of his front teeth – in an unprovoked attack off Marlborough High Street.
Blake, 21, of Macneice Drive, Marlborough, was due to appear before Chippenham magistrates on Monday, accused of assault, but failed to attend.
He had previously pleaded not guilty, arguing he had acted in self-defence, but was found guilty in his absence.
The court heard that Blake launched an attack on the 17-year-old victim, who cannot be named, on Saturday, March 30, at around 11.30pm in the Castle and Ball car park.
The victim, who was 16 at the time, had spent the evening out and was walking a female friend home, accompanied by four male friends, when they took a shortcut through the car park.
At the time Blake was in the car park with three friends, a male and two females, who, according to the victim, seemed hostile.
The situation got heated when one of Blake’s friends squared up to one of the victim’s friends and verbally abused him.
The victim said: “Because my friend is quite physically weak I felt the need to intervene so I gave my hat to my other friend and I tried to cool the situation down.”
The victim and his friends walked away but the victim returned to the scene because his hat, which has sentimental value, had been left on a car.
After he caught up with his friends, Blake approached the group, singled the victim out and pushed him up against a car and punched him in the face three times, the court heard.
The victim said: “I didn’t really know what to do because I’ve never been in a situation like that.
“After he hit me I’m not sure if I blacked out, but I remember just being on the ground and I realised I was bleeding quite heavily out of my mouth.”
He explained he has a condition called ITP which means he has low platelets in his blood so if he is injured he does not stop bleeding.
On the night of the attack he was taken to Swindon’s Great Western Hospital but because his face has not stopped growing he cannot have his tooth replaced until he is in his 20s.
Blake was found by police in the Azuza nightclub, Hughenden Yard, shortly after the attack and was found to have a small cut on his middle finger which appeared to be fresh.
When he was arrested, Blake said he did not know what he had done and said the cut was as a result of building work.
Magistrate Owen Durrett said: “We’ve considered all the evidence and we consider the case proved so Jordan Lee Blake is guilty of this offence of assault.”
Blake has a number of convictions for violent offences, including a conditional discharge given on March 5 for battery and causing criminal damage, of which he is in breach.
Comments are closed on this article.