Man faces prison after admitting assault
7:40am Friday 18th October 2013 in Latest News
A PENHILL man has been warned he could be facing a jail term after admitting a charge of assault.
Matthew Harvey had been due to stand trial at Swindon Crown Court accused of actual bodily harm and possessing a bladed article without good reason.
But after the 23-year-old admitted carrying out the assault, prosecutors said they would not seek a trial on the knife charge.
Harvey, of Crudwell Way, Penhill, assaulted David Wexlar at a house in Inglesham Road, Penhill, on Friday, April 26, this year.
Chris Oswald, defending, said his client admitted the charge on a certain basis, which was accepted by the Crown and submitted to the court.
Recorder Stephen Lennard adjourned the case to Friday, November 8, to allow the probation service time to compile a pre-sentence report. But he warned him: “Don’t read anything into the request for a report, it doesn’t mean any sentence is in the court’s mind.”
He released him on bail not to contact the complainant or a witness or to go to Avebury Road, Penhill.