Donations for elderly Trowbridge fire victims reach £1,300
Donations for the warden and elderly residents of the Weaver’s Drive complex in Trowbridge affected by a bungalow fire two weeks ago have reached £1,300.
The community is also fundraising with a fancy dress day at The Shires Shopping Centre on Friday and an evening with a medium at Longmeadow School on January 18.
A bingo night is being held in Longfield Community Hall this Saturday and prizes already donated include gym membership, food, drink and games.
James McDonald, who chairs Longmeadow Tenants and Residents’ Association, said: “People are very busy this time of year with other donations but they have been great and we hope the figure will grow over the weeks.”
The fire on November 23, caused by an electrical fault, destroyed the warden’s bungalow and the roof of the bungalow next door, which had a TV stolen on the same night.
Donations of food and utensils are still being sought for the residents’ Christmas dinner at Longfield Community Hall on December 20.
To help, call Mr McDonald on 0784 281 1554 or email email@example.com
Comments are closed on this article.