Cats rescued after fire in Netheravon shop
10:29am Tuesday 10th December 2013 in Latest News
A convenience store in Netheravon was badly damaged by fire yesterday evening, with two cats being rescued from an upstairs flat.
Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Service was called to the McColls shop in the High Street at 4.51pm after fire broke out in a refrigerator.
Crews from Amesbury and Pewsey were supported by military firefighters from Middle Wallop, who were able to assist as there was no flying at the time of call.
The shop was open when the fire started but staff and customers were evacuated safely. The premises were severely affected by smoke, and there was also significant fire damage.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus were able to rescue two cats from a flat above the shop, and the animals were given oxygen after breathing in smoke.
The flat suffered some fire and smoke damage.
The British Red Cross fire and emergency support service from Hampshire attended at the scene to support the occupiers of the flat, and Wiltshire Police provided traffic control while the incident was ongoing.
Comments are closed on this article.