Cannibis factory found in Covingham

A CANNABIS factory has been discovered in Covingham this afternoon.

Police found approximately 250 plants in the house in Merlin Way, thought to be worth approximately £80,000.

The house is currently being made safe by officers.

No arrests have been made.

Any information should be reported to police on 101.

Comments (25)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:02pm Fri 20 Dec 13

house on the hill says...

Tip of the iceberg, but at least its something.
Tip of the iceberg, but at least its something. house on the hill

3:12pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Ringer says...

And the judge will threaten those convicted with deportation but, of course, it'll never actually happen.

It's all so lamentably predictable.
And the judge will threaten those convicted with deportation but, of course, it'll never actually happen. It's all so lamentably predictable. Ringer

4:52pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Disco20 says...

Ringer wrote:
And the judge will threaten those convicted with deportation but, of course, it'll never actually happen. It's all so lamentably predictable.
?? And how do YOU know they are foreign nationals?

Idiot
[quote][p][bold]Ringer[/bold] wrote: And the judge will threaten those convicted with deportation but, of course, it'll never actually happen. It's all so lamentably predictable.[/p][/quote]?? And how do YOU know they are foreign nationals? Idiot Disco20

4:58pm Fri 20 Dec 13

benzss says...

And so the giant game of whack-a-mole continues. When will we be done with this pointless moralistic crusade?

Probably when the Daily Mail generation finally die, I suppose.
And so the giant game of whack-a-mole continues. When will we be done with this pointless moralistic crusade? Probably when the Daily Mail generation finally die, I suppose. benzss

7:01pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Tyran66 says...

Legalise and tax it. Spend the tax on infrastructure, save police wages and prosper.

Problem solved.
Legalise and tax it. Spend the tax on infrastructure, save police wages and prosper. Problem solved. Tyran66

9:04pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Ringеr says...

Disco20 wrote:
Ringer wrote:
And the judge will threaten those convicted with deportation but, of course, it'll never actually happen. It's all so lamentably predictable.
?? And how do YOU know they are foreign nationals?

Idiot
They *always* are.
[quote][p][bold]Disco20[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ringer[/bold] wrote: And the judge will threaten those convicted with deportation but, of course, it'll never actually happen. It's all so lamentably predictable.[/p][/quote]?? And how do YOU know they are foreign nationals? Idiot[/p][/quote]They *always* are. Ringеr

10:36pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Phantom Poster says...

Ringer wrote:
And the judge will threaten those convicted with deportation but, of course, it'll never actually happen.

It's all so lamentably predictable.
Predictable? Oh, the irony!
[quote][p][bold]Ringer[/bold] wrote: And the judge will threaten those convicted with deportation but, of course, it'll never actually happen. It's all so lamentably predictable.[/p][/quote]Predictable? Oh, the irony! Phantom Poster

10:58am Sat 21 Dec 13

RichardR1 says...

14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.
14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it. RichardR1

11:37am Sat 21 Dec 13

Ringеr says...

RichardR1 wrote:
14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.
Yes Bob, mostly votes from me and a few more for my own posts - wouldn't want to look unpopular would I.
[quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: 14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.[/p][/quote]Yes Bob, mostly votes from me and a few more for my own posts - wouldn't want to look unpopular would I. Ringеr

11:52am Sat 21 Dec 13

Davey Gravey says...

RichardR1 wrote:
14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.
Thing is bob is that is not going away despite it being illegal. In fact its use is higher than ever before.
[quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: 14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.[/p][/quote]Thing is bob is that is not going away despite it being illegal. In fact its use is higher than ever before. Davey Gravey

2:36pm Sat 21 Dec 13

house on the hill says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
RichardR1 wrote:
14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.
Thing is bob is that is not going away despite it being illegal. In fact its use is higher than ever before.
Murder, rape and Child abuse aren't going away either, so should we legalise them too????? So that's your answer to a problem the is it to give in to it? Pathetic.
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: 14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.[/p][/quote]Thing is bob is that is not going away despite it being illegal. In fact its use is higher than ever before.[/p][/quote]Murder, rape and Child abuse aren't going away either, so should we legalise them too????? So that's your answer to a problem the is it to give in to it? Pathetic. house on the hill

2:40pm Sat 21 Dec 13

Tyran66 says...

RichardR1 wrote:
14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.
Its an unwinnable war- proven very eloquently by the US government and it's endless resources (look at the recent decision in Colorado) - so why not just tax it and benefit society as a whole.

I don't smoke cannabis nor would I suddenly start if they made it legal but surely the police have more important things to be doing than chasing petit growers down in the suburbs. Furthermore its only worth 80k because its illegal - that money works its way back to far more dangerous and serious organised criminals - just the kind of people the police really should be chasing.

From a medical perspective, alcohol is vastly more destructive to society and its "mind altering" would you have prohibition also?
[quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: 14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.[/p][/quote]Its an unwinnable war- proven very eloquently by the US government and it's endless resources (look at the recent decision in Colorado) - so why not just tax it and benefit society as a whole. I don't smoke cannabis nor would I suddenly start if they made it legal but surely the police have more important things to be doing than chasing petit growers down in the suburbs. Furthermore its only worth 80k because its illegal - that money works its way back to far more dangerous and serious organised criminals - just the kind of people the police really should be chasing. From a medical perspective, alcohol is vastly more destructive to society and its "mind altering" would you have prohibition also? Tyran66

2:53pm Sat 21 Dec 13

Davey Gravey says...

house on the hill wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
RichardR1 wrote:
14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.
Thing is bob is that is not going away despite it being illegal. In fact its use is higher than ever before.
Murder, rape and Child abuse aren't going away either, so should we legalise them too????? So that's your answer to a problem the is it to give in to it? Pathetic.
Prison is no deterrent for the crimes you mention as they happen frequently but they are not really comparable to cannabis use. The only thing cannabis users can damage is themselves.
I don't know what the answer is and am not condoning legalisation. I'm just pointing out that the current way doesn't work.
[quote][p][bold]house on the hill[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: 14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.[/p][/quote]Thing is bob is that is not going away despite it being illegal. In fact its use is higher than ever before.[/p][/quote]Murder, rape and Child abuse aren't going away either, so should we legalise them too????? So that's your answer to a problem the is it to give in to it? Pathetic.[/p][/quote]Prison is no deterrent for the crimes you mention as they happen frequently but they are not really comparable to cannabis use. The only thing cannabis users can damage is themselves. I don't know what the answer is and am not condoning legalisation. I'm just pointing out that the current way doesn't work. Davey Gravey

7:02pm Sat 21 Dec 13

RichardR1 says...

I know of at least one family both parents were habitual users of cannabis, they had twins and both died under 4, one was born blind and deaf. The doctors put their deaths down to their bodies having been contaminated by the drugs.

If we accept the health premise that passive smoke harms others why shouldn't cannabis.
I know of at least one family both parents were habitual users of cannabis, they had twins and both died under 4, one was born blind and deaf. The doctors put their deaths down to their bodies having been contaminated by the drugs. If we accept the health premise that passive smoke harms others why shouldn't cannabis. RichardR1

7:42pm Sat 21 Dec 13

Tyran66 says...

Who said it was not harmful? Of course it is, just as tobacco and alcohol are. The point is, the authorities cannot stop it and spend a small fortune in trying to do so. Why not just legalise and tax it? Then we would at least have something in the public purse as a result and you would pull the rug out from underneath low level organised crime.

If people really want to use drugs, making it illegal will not stop them. It will just make them social pariahs that become increasingly dependant on the state as time goes on. When all options are evil, pick the lesser evil. It is possible to be morally correct AND pragmatic.
Who said it was not harmful? Of course it is, just as tobacco and alcohol are. The point is, the authorities cannot stop it and spend a small fortune in trying to do so. Why not just legalise and tax it? Then we would at least have something in the public purse as a result and you would pull the rug out from underneath low level organised crime. If people really want to use drugs, making it illegal will not stop them. It will just make them social pariahs that become increasingly dependant on the state as time goes on. When all options are evil, pick the lesser evil. It is possible to be morally correct AND pragmatic. Tyran66

7:17am Sun 22 Dec 13

Dr Martin says...

house on the hill wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
RichardR1 wrote:
14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.
Thing is bob is that is not going away despite it being illegal. In fact its use is higher than ever before.
Murder, rape and Child abuse aren't going away either, so should we legalise them too????? So that's your answer to a problem the is it to give in to it? Pathetic.
agreed
[quote][p][bold]house on the hill[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: 14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.[/p][/quote]Thing is bob is that is not going away despite it being illegal. In fact its use is higher than ever before.[/p][/quote]Murder, rape and Child abuse aren't going away either, so should we legalise them too????? So that's your answer to a problem the is it to give in to it? Pathetic.[/p][/quote]agreed Dr Martin

7:20am Sun 22 Dec 13

Dr Martin says...

Tyran66 wrote:
Who said it was not harmful? Of course it is, just as tobacco and alcohol are. The point is, the authorities cannot stop it and spend a small fortune in trying to do so. Why not just legalise and tax it? Then we would at least have something in the public purse as a result and you would pull the rug out from underneath low level organised crime.

If people really want to use drugs, making it illegal will not stop them. It will just make them social pariahs that become increasingly dependant on the state as time goes on. When all options are evil, pick the lesser evil. It is possible to be morally correct AND pragmatic.
Do you expect stoners to pay tax on something they can get tax free?
[quote][p][bold]Tyran66[/bold] wrote: Who said it was not harmful? Of course it is, just as tobacco and alcohol are. The point is, the authorities cannot stop it and spend a small fortune in trying to do so. Why not just legalise and tax it? Then we would at least have something in the public purse as a result and you would pull the rug out from underneath low level organised crime. If people really want to use drugs, making it illegal will not stop them. It will just make them social pariahs that become increasingly dependant on the state as time goes on. When all options are evil, pick the lesser evil. It is possible to be morally correct AND pragmatic.[/p][/quote]Do you expect stoners to pay tax on something they can get tax free? Dr Martin

8:53am Sun 22 Dec 13

house on the hill says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
house on the hill wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
RichardR1 wrote:
14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.
Thing is bob is that is not going away despite it being illegal. In fact its use is higher than ever before.
Murder, rape and Child abuse aren't going away either, so should we legalise them too????? So that's your answer to a problem the is it to give in to it? Pathetic.
Prison is no deterrent for the crimes you mention as they happen frequently but they are not really comparable to cannabis use. The only thing cannabis users can damage is themselves.
I don't know what the answer is and am not condoning legalisation. I'm just pointing out that the current way doesn't work.
Drugs kill other people too, it isnt just themselves they harm and affect many thousands of lives. My point was the stupid argument that just because you cant control something you should legalise it, thats a pathetic way to carry on and a recipe for disaster.

Lets stop treating them when they make themselves ill, if they have no respect for the law and for other people then sod them. You cant have it both ways, I dont want to conform, but when i get ill i want those who do conform to look after me. Er no, selfish aholes, if you choose to go outside the law then you live or not by your decision. and the morons who think laws are there for them to pick and choose are the worst, there are things a lot dont agree with but you dont just ignore them because you think your arrogant narrow minded views should be imposed on others. Ok so the system isnt perfect but its the one we have and your way would lead to anarchy and people just doing what they want, thats idiotic.
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]house on the hill[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: 14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.[/p][/quote]Thing is bob is that is not going away despite it being illegal. In fact its use is higher than ever before.[/p][/quote]Murder, rape and Child abuse aren't going away either, so should we legalise them too????? So that's your answer to a problem the is it to give in to it? Pathetic.[/p][/quote]Prison is no deterrent for the crimes you mention as they happen frequently but they are not really comparable to cannabis use. The only thing cannabis users can damage is themselves. I don't know what the answer is and am not condoning legalisation. I'm just pointing out that the current way doesn't work.[/p][/quote]Drugs kill other people too, it isnt just themselves they harm and affect many thousands of lives. My point was the stupid argument that just because you cant control something you should legalise it, thats a pathetic way to carry on and a recipe for disaster. Lets stop treating them when they make themselves ill, if they have no respect for the law and for other people then sod them. You cant have it both ways, I dont want to conform, but when i get ill i want those who do conform to look after me. Er no, selfish aholes, if you choose to go outside the law then you live or not by your decision. and the morons who think laws are there for them to pick and choose are the worst, there are things a lot dont agree with but you dont just ignore them because you think your arrogant narrow minded views should be imposed on others. Ok so the system isnt perfect but its the one we have and your way would lead to anarchy and people just doing what they want, thats idiotic. house on the hill

1:43pm Sun 22 Dec 13

Davey Gravey says...

house on the hill wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
house on the hill wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
RichardR1 wrote:
14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.
Thing is bob is that is not going away despite it being illegal. In fact its use is higher than ever before.
Murder, rape and Child abuse aren't going away either, so should we legalise them too????? So that's your answer to a problem the is it to give in to it? Pathetic.
Prison is no deterrent for the crimes you mention as they happen frequently but they are not really comparable to cannabis use. The only thing cannabis users can damage is themselves.
I don't know what the answer is and am not condoning legalisation. I'm just pointing out that the current way doesn't work.
Drugs kill other people too, it isnt just themselves they harm and affect many thousands of lives. My point was the stupid argument that just because you cant control something you should legalise it, thats a pathetic way to carry on and a recipe for disaster.

Lets stop treating them when they make themselves ill, if they have no respect for the law and for other people then sod them. You cant have it both ways, I dont want to conform, but when i get ill i want those who do conform to look after me. Er no, selfish aholes, if you choose to go outside the law then you live or not by your decision. and the morons who think laws are there for them to pick and choose are the worst, there are things a lot dont agree with but you dont just ignore them because you think your arrogant narrow minded views should be imposed on others. Ok so the system isnt perfect but its the one we have and your way would lead to anarchy and people just doing what they want, thats idiotic.
Drugs do cause misery to others but not really in the case of cannabis which was the point of the discussion.
Users of it don't go out and hit other people and it doesn't wreck lives like alcohol(the legal drug) does.
It can cause cancers like smoking cigarettes and can trigger mental health problems but it is not thing compared to booze.

What do you think is the answer then? I have no idea myself but the current laws do not work.
[quote][p][bold]house on the hill[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]house on the hill[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: 14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.[/p][/quote]Thing is bob is that is not going away despite it being illegal. In fact its use is higher than ever before.[/p][/quote]Murder, rape and Child abuse aren't going away either, so should we legalise them too????? So that's your answer to a problem the is it to give in to it? Pathetic.[/p][/quote]Prison is no deterrent for the crimes you mention as they happen frequently but they are not really comparable to cannabis use. The only thing cannabis users can damage is themselves. I don't know what the answer is and am not condoning legalisation. I'm just pointing out that the current way doesn't work.[/p][/quote]Drugs kill other people too, it isnt just themselves they harm and affect many thousands of lives. My point was the stupid argument that just because you cant control something you should legalise it, thats a pathetic way to carry on and a recipe for disaster. Lets stop treating them when they make themselves ill, if they have no respect for the law and for other people then sod them. You cant have it both ways, I dont want to conform, but when i get ill i want those who do conform to look after me. Er no, selfish aholes, if you choose to go outside the law then you live or not by your decision. and the morons who think laws are there for them to pick and choose are the worst, there are things a lot dont agree with but you dont just ignore them because you think your arrogant narrow minded views should be imposed on others. Ok so the system isnt perfect but its the one we have and your way would lead to anarchy and people just doing what they want, thats idiotic.[/p][/quote]Drugs do cause misery to others but not really in the case of cannabis which was the point of the discussion. Users of it don't go out and hit other people and it doesn't wreck lives like alcohol(the legal drug) does. It can cause cancers like smoking cigarettes and can trigger mental health problems but it is not thing compared to booze. What do you think is the answer then? I have no idea myself but the current laws do not work. Davey Gravey

10:16pm Sun 22 Dec 13

Dr Martin says...

stoners will say anything as justify legalising cannabis
stoners will say anything as justify legalising cannabis Dr Martin

8:52am Mon 23 Dec 13

LordAshOfTheBrake says...

Tyran66 wrote:
RichardR1 wrote:
14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.
Its an unwinnable war- proven very eloquently by the US government and it's endless resources (look at the recent decision in Colorado) - so why not just tax it and benefit society as a whole.

I don't smoke cannabis nor would I suddenly start if they made it legal but surely the police have more important things to be doing than chasing petit growers down in the suburbs. Furthermore its only worth 80k because its illegal - that money works its way back to far more dangerous and serious organised criminals - just the kind of people the police really should be chasing.

From a medical perspective, alcohol is vastly more destructive to society and its "mind altering" would you have prohibition also?
So is the war on speeding; lets abolish all speeding laws. That is after all the essence of your argument.

Do you think people are going to declare the tax on their self assessment for growing and selling the product....?
[quote][p][bold]Tyran66[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: 14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.[/p][/quote]Its an unwinnable war- proven very eloquently by the US government and it's endless resources (look at the recent decision in Colorado) - so why not just tax it and benefit society as a whole. I don't smoke cannabis nor would I suddenly start if they made it legal but surely the police have more important things to be doing than chasing petit growers down in the suburbs. Furthermore its only worth 80k because its illegal - that money works its way back to far more dangerous and serious organised criminals - just the kind of people the police really should be chasing. From a medical perspective, alcohol is vastly more destructive to society and its "mind altering" would you have prohibition also?[/p][/quote]So is the war on speeding; lets abolish all speeding laws. That is after all the essence of your argument. Do you think people are going to declare the tax on their self assessment for growing and selling the product....? LordAshOfTheBrake

11:27am Mon 23 Dec 13

Dr Martin says...

I think the current drug laws are much better than a let's legalise pot law
I think the current drug laws are much better than a let's legalise pot law Dr Martin

4:04pm Mon 23 Dec 13

Tyran66 says...

LordAshOfTheBrake wrote:
Tyran66 wrote:
RichardR1 wrote:
14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.
Its an unwinnable war- proven very eloquently by the US government and it's endless resources (look at the recent decision in Colorado) - so why not just tax it and benefit society as a whole.

I don't smoke cannabis nor would I suddenly start if they made it legal but surely the police have more important things to be doing than chasing petit growers down in the suburbs. Furthermore its only worth 80k because its illegal - that money works its way back to far more dangerous and serious organised criminals - just the kind of people the police really should be chasing.

From a medical perspective, alcohol is vastly more destructive to society and its "mind altering" would you have prohibition also?
So is the war on speeding; lets abolish all speeding laws. That is after all the essence of your argument.

Do you think people are going to declare the tax on their self assessment for growing and selling the product....?
Yes. Excess speed contributes to a puny 28% of all accidents, its just a money-spinner. Abolish that too.
[quote][p][bold]LordAshOfTheBrake[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tyran66[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: 14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.[/p][/quote]Its an unwinnable war- proven very eloquently by the US government and it's endless resources (look at the recent decision in Colorado) - so why not just tax it and benefit society as a whole. I don't smoke cannabis nor would I suddenly start if they made it legal but surely the police have more important things to be doing than chasing petit growers down in the suburbs. Furthermore its only worth 80k because its illegal - that money works its way back to far more dangerous and serious organised criminals - just the kind of people the police really should be chasing. From a medical perspective, alcohol is vastly more destructive to society and its "mind altering" would you have prohibition also?[/p][/quote]So is the war on speeding; lets abolish all speeding laws. That is after all the essence of your argument. Do you think people are going to declare the tax on their self assessment for growing and selling the product....?[/p][/quote]Yes. Excess speed contributes to a puny 28% of all accidents, its just a money-spinner. Abolish that too. Tyran66

11:34pm Mon 23 Dec 13

Dr Martin says...

400 deaths isn't puny
400 deaths isn't puny Dr Martin

5:57pm Thu 2 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
house on the hill wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
house on the hill wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
RichardR1 wrote:
14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.
Thing is bob is that is not going away despite it being illegal. In fact its use is higher than ever before.
Murder, rape and Child abuse aren't going away either, so should we legalise them too????? So that's your answer to a problem the is it to give in to it? Pathetic.
Prison is no deterrent for the crimes you mention as they happen frequently but they are not really comparable to cannabis use. The only thing cannabis users can damage is themselves.
I don't know what the answer is and am not condoning legalisation. I'm just pointing out that the current way doesn't work.
Drugs kill other people too, it isnt just themselves they harm and affect many thousands of lives. My point was the stupid argument that just because you cant control something you should legalise it, thats a pathetic way to carry on and a recipe for disaster.

Lets stop treating them when they make themselves ill, if they have no respect for the law and for other people then sod them. You cant have it both ways, I dont want to conform, but when i get ill i want those who do conform to look after me. Er no, selfish aholes, if you choose to go outside the law then you live or not by your decision. and the morons who think laws are there for them to pick and choose are the worst, there are things a lot dont agree with but you dont just ignore them because you think your arrogant narrow minded views should be imposed on others. Ok so the system isnt perfect but its the one we have and your way would lead to anarchy and people just doing what they want, thats idiotic.
Drugs do cause misery to others but not really in the case of cannabis which was the point of the discussion.
Users of it don't go out and hit other people and it doesn't wreck lives like alcohol(the legal drug) does.
It can cause cancers like smoking cigarettes and can trigger mental health problems but it is not thing compared to booze.

What do you think is the answer then? I have no idea myself but the current laws do not work.
they do (but could work better)
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]house on the hill[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]house on the hill[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: 14 positives for legalising it. What an indictment on Swindon, never mind the mind altering harm and much more, just legalise it.[/p][/quote]Thing is bob is that is not going away despite it being illegal. In fact its use is higher than ever before.[/p][/quote]Murder, rape and Child abuse aren't going away either, so should we legalise them too????? So that's your answer to a problem the is it to give in to it? Pathetic.[/p][/quote]Prison is no deterrent for the crimes you mention as they happen frequently but they are not really comparable to cannabis use. The only thing cannabis users can damage is themselves. I don't know what the answer is and am not condoning legalisation. I'm just pointing out that the current way doesn't work.[/p][/quote]Drugs kill other people too, it isnt just themselves they harm and affect many thousands of lives. My point was the stupid argument that just because you cant control something you should legalise it, thats a pathetic way to carry on and a recipe for disaster. Lets stop treating them when they make themselves ill, if they have no respect for the law and for other people then sod them. You cant have it both ways, I dont want to conform, but when i get ill i want those who do conform to look after me. Er no, selfish aholes, if you choose to go outside the law then you live or not by your decision. and the morons who think laws are there for them to pick and choose are the worst, there are things a lot dont agree with but you dont just ignore them because you think your arrogant narrow minded views should be imposed on others. Ok so the system isnt perfect but its the one we have and your way would lead to anarchy and people just doing what they want, thats idiotic.[/p][/quote]Drugs do cause misery to others but not really in the case of cannabis which was the point of the discussion. Users of it don't go out and hit other people and it doesn't wreck lives like alcohol(the legal drug) does. It can cause cancers like smoking cigarettes and can trigger mental health problems but it is not thing compared to booze. What do you think is the answer then? I have no idea myself but the current laws do not work.[/p][/quote]they do (but could work better) Dr Martin

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree