TRAK FC boss Paul Newman admitted he and his players felt embarrassed after their 15-1 Chairman’s Trophy demolition of Save on Tyres Athletic.

Despite starting the game with only 10 men, Trak dominated the first half to lead 10-0 at the break before adding another five following the interval to complete a routine victory.

Oliver Sly led the way with six as Barry Cleminson grabbed a hat-trick, Richard Miles and Steven Que netted braces, while Sam Ockwell and Darren Coleman also found the net.

“For a quarter-final of the cup in was a bit embarrassing really and that is a strange feeling to have at the end of a game of football,” he said.

“We were 3-0 up after 20 minutes and then 10-0 at half-time so it was pretty much game over then because it felt like a kickabout in the park for us.

“We’re in the semi-finals now and we of course want to go on and win it.”

Elsewhere in the Chairman’s Trophy, Rodbourne Real beat Gorsehill Borough 6-1 with the other two ties due to be played this weekend.

In Knockout Cup action, Liam Preedy scored a late penalty to help Cheney beat Nationwide Pavilion 4-3. Ryan Welland scored a brace and Shane Hibbert also scored for Kevan Underhill’s side, leaving the manager dreaming of some silverware at the end of the season.

“We went 2-0 up after 20 minutes but they came back and eventually led 3-2, but we managed to get the two late goals to get the win we needed,” he said.

“It wasn’t good for my heart but it was a really exciting game so it’s one we were really pleased to get through.

Division One leaders AFC Gas needed extra time to sneak past Division Three tabletoppers Walcot 4-3, while KC Globe beat Greyhound 6-4.

The Dolphin and New Century will compete for the one remaining semi-final spot when they play this weekend.

In the only Division Two fixture to be played this week Dynamo Ashton beat AFC Tap & Barrel 1-0. In Division Six, Bounce Squad were 5-2 victors over AFC Royal and Marlborough Town Casuals and Swindon Athletic drew 3-3.