SWINDON Supermarine manager Dave Webb labelled his side’s 4-2 home defeat to Didcot Town last night as their worst loss at the Webb’s Wood Stadium this season.

Two goals from Josh Parsons had put Marine in a dominant position in the Southern League Division One South & West clash but Didcot hit back with efforts from Nick Thorne, John Mills from the penalty spot, Tom Franklin and Josh Dutton-Black.

Webb dealt out some stern words to his players at the end of the match, telling the Advertiser: “We’re very disappointed but sometimes you’re not at your best. We certainly at our best tonight.

“We turned in front but you could see we weren’t at it. We didn’t start the game well, you could see they were better than us.

“I thought we’d learnt that when you’re not at your best and 2-0 up you have to show your quality and experience and see a game through and get the three points.

“We got what we deserved - a defeat and four goals conceded against a team that are in the bottom half of the league.

“Credit to them, they were better than us, their front two caused us problems and they seemed to have that extra yard on us all over the pitch.

“I’m always honest and the players know exactly how I feel tonight because they’ve been told in no uncertain terms.

“They’ll be feeling it but you get games like that sometimes.

“It’s probably our worst defeat of the season at home.

“We emphasised so much about how there are no easy games in this league and that’s been fully proved tonight.

Marine took the lead on the half-hour mark when Parsons fizzed a shot home from a long-range free-kick.

Within two minutes the home side had doubled their lead.

Again Parsons was there to apply the finishing touch after Ash Edenborough and Chris Taylor combined to pick out the wide man to slot home.

Didcot came close to their first of the night in the 35th minute but Matt Woodley struck an upright from a set-piece.

However, with a minute to go until the break the away side clawed their way back into the contest as Thorne nipped in between Kyle Lapham and Craig Curtis to slide beyond Conor Thompson.

Within three minutes of the restart, Didcot were level thanks to Mills’ penalty following Thompson’s trip on Pablo Haysham before Franklin headed the visitors in front seven minutes later.

Didcot rubbed salt into Marine’s wounds with a fourth 16 minutes from time, Dutton-Black the scorer with a superb curling effort.

Marine will be hoping to make amends when Taunton Town visit on Saturday.

Elsewhere last night, Shrivenham progressed to the fourth round of the Hellenic Floodlit Cup thanks to a 2-1 victory over Tuffley Rovers.