Man fined after Warminster drink-driving incident

This Is Wiltshire: Man fined after Warminster drink-driving incident Man fined after Warminster drink-driving incident

A Lithuanian man who was caught drink driving in Warminster has been banned from the road for a year.

Antanas Jankauskas, 31, of Shepton Mallet High Street was breathalysed by police after he tried to complete a three-point-turn on the A350 on December 27.

He pleaded guilty to the charge at North West Wiltshire Magistrates’ Court last Thursday, where he was disqualified for 12 months, and issued with a £305 fine.

Comments (12)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:46pm Fri 24 Jan 14

derryhawk says...

Can I just ask, why, when such things are reported, it is essential to you, that you give the nationality f the person involved. There is enough prejudice in this country without you feeding it. By the way, I am as English as you at least; but I am so sick of the attitude to East Europeans. People in the UK completely forget that their Grand Fathers, and Great Grandfathers pillaged most of the World.
Can I just ask, why, when such things are reported, it is essential to you, that you give the nationality f the person involved. There is enough prejudice in this country without you feeding it. By the way, I am as English as you at least; but I am so sick of the attitude to East Europeans. People in the UK completely forget that their Grand Fathers, and Great Grandfathers pillaged most of the World. derryhawk

10:41am Sat 25 Jan 14

beetawix says...

Not even consistant having used Warminster man in article headline.
Not even consistant having used Warminster man in article headline. beetawix

2:38pm Sat 25 Jan 14

politepanda says...

As long as he's banned I don't give a rat's tail WHAT nationality he is.
As long as he's banned I don't give a rat's tail WHAT nationality he is. politepanda

6:55pm Sat 25 Jan 14

beetawix says...

People in the UK completely forget that their Grand Fathers, and Great Grandfathers pillaged most of the World.
said derryhawk

My grandfathers never pillaged anyone I'll have you know.
I did not know my great grandfathers but I beleive they were decent chaps, equally unlikely to have pillaged.
People in the UK completely forget that their Grand Fathers, and Great Grandfathers pillaged most of the World. said derryhawk My grandfathers never pillaged anyone I'll have you know. I did not know my great grandfathers but I beleive they were decent chaps, equally unlikely to have pillaged. beetawix

10:21pm Sat 25 Jan 14

derryhawk says...

Beetawix, read the history of India, most of Asia, Africa....Our ancestors may have been pawns in the game, but much evil was done by this Island's policies....What bout the Slave Trade....We cannot deny the historical facts, nor the prejudice being displayed by many now.
Beetawix, read the history of India, most of Asia, Africa....Our ancestors may have been pawns in the game, but much evil was done by this Island's policies....What bout the Slave Trade....We cannot deny the historical facts, nor the prejudice being displayed by many now. derryhawk

11:32am Sun 26 Jan 14

Mrs Donnyfly says...

derryhawk wrote:
Beetawix, read the history of India, most of Asia, Africa....Our ancestors may have been pawns in the game, but much evil was done by this Island's policies....What bout the Slave Trade....We cannot deny the historical facts, nor the prejudice being displayed by many now.
derryhawk said - "...What bout the Slave Trade....We cannot deny the historical facts..."

You can't just blame our ancestors for the slave trade. Don't forget there were just as evil Africans willing to sell other Africans to us as slaves. That's a historical fact that denigrators of our past like to deny.
[quote][p][bold]derryhawk[/bold] wrote: Beetawix, read the history of India, most of Asia, Africa....Our ancestors may have been pawns in the game, but much evil was done by this Island's policies....What bout the Slave Trade....We cannot deny the historical facts, nor the prejudice being displayed by many now.[/p][/quote]derryhawk said - "...What bout the Slave Trade....We cannot deny the historical facts..." You can't just blame our ancestors for the slave trade. Don't forget there were just as evil Africans willing to sell other Africans to us as slaves. That's a historical fact that denigrators of our past like to deny. Mrs Donnyfly

2:03pm Sun 26 Jan 14

Mrs Donnyfly says...

beetawix wrote:
Not even consistant having used Warminster man in article headline.
"Warminster man"

A Lithuanian who lives in Shepton Mallet.
[quote][p][bold]beetawix[/bold] wrote: Not even consistant having used Warminster man in article headline.[/p][/quote]"Warminster man" A Lithuanian who lives in Shepton Mallet. Mrs Donnyfly

3:45pm Sun 26 Jan 14

frankie007 says...

Mrs Donnyfly wrote:
beetawix wrote:
Not even consistant having used Warminster man in article headline.
"Warminster man"

A Lithuanian who lives in Shepton Mallet.
Close enough for the WT.
[quote][p][bold]Mrs Donnyfly[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]beetawix[/bold] wrote: Not even consistant having used Warminster man in article headline.[/p][/quote]"Warminster man" A Lithuanian who lives in Shepton Mallet.[/p][/quote]Close enough for the WT. frankie007

5:40pm Sun 26 Jan 14

beetawix says...

derryhawk, i read the history of india last night in bed and read Asia and Africa. today but my grandfather and great grandfather were not in it.
I used internet resources as the library wasn!t open.
There was a lot of pillaging, persecution, raping and other bad behaviour, but no specific country or race had a monopoly on that. It seems to happen anywhere when law and order has failed and there are sufficient oafish men without scruples or consideration for others.
derryhawk, i read the history of india last night in bed and read Asia and Africa. today but my grandfather and great grandfather were not in it. I used internet resources as the library wasn!t open. There was a lot of pillaging, persecution, raping and other bad behaviour, but no specific country or race had a monopoly on that. It seems to happen anywhere when law and order has failed and there are sufficient oafish men without scruples or consideration for others. beetawix

2:54am Mon 27 Jan 14

derryhawk says...

I won't argue with much of what you say, but the British Parliament backed the pillaging, destruction, and slave trade for many years......And sometimes still does.
I won't argue with much of what you say, but the British Parliament backed the pillaging, destruction, and slave trade for many years......And sometimes still does. derryhawk

11:41am Mon 27 Jan 14

Mrs Donnyfly says...

derryhawk, Parliament abolished slavery in the 1830s..... get over it!
derryhawk, Parliament abolished slavery in the 1830s..... get over it! Mrs Donnyfly

5:53pm Mon 27 Jan 14

derryhawk says...

Mrs Donnnfly I maybe could, but that there is still slavery, prejudice, ethnic cleansing, war, people left to starve while rich people exploit the whole planet regardless of consequences.. And while successive governments here, and in other richer nations, continue to behave as if they had lilly white hands while they share in the bloodguilt of it all. I think rather than me getting over it, you should wake up. I am white, English born, and love people enough to see what is happening here. It took the whole career of William Wilberforce to get the Slave Trade banned, and it was the exploiters and the apathetic that were the reason for that. I would rather be nuisance, and point out the uncomfortable facts, than lay down as you would like me to, until the steamroller runs over me. Your patronizing comment hides history, and ignores the present.
Mrs Donnnfly I maybe could, but that there is still slavery, prejudice, ethnic cleansing, war, people left to starve while rich people exploit the whole planet regardless of consequences.. And while successive governments here, and in other richer nations, continue to behave as if they had lilly white hands while they share in the bloodguilt of it all. I think rather than me getting over it, you should wake up. I am white, English born, and love people enough to see what is happening here. It took the whole career of William Wilberforce to get the Slave Trade banned, and it was the exploiters and the apathetic that were the reason for that. I would rather be nuisance, and point out the uncomfortable facts, than lay down as you would like me to, until the steamroller runs over me. Your patronizing comment hides history, and ignores the present. derryhawk

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree