Wiltshire preparing for more rain
4:32pm Thursday 6th February 2014 in Latest News
Wiltshire Council is continuing its work to assist those who have been affected by this winter’s severe floods.
Met Office statistics show that southern England has endured its most winter rainfall on record for 248 years. As a consequence properties and roads across Wiltshire have suffered from flooding.
Further bad weather is being predicted later today and over the weekend with the council having highways staff ready to help those affected.
Wiltshire councillor Jonathon Seed, Wiltshire Council's cabinet member responsible for flooding, said: “Despite the terrible weather we have had on and off since just before Christmas, the response from staff and people within the community has been excellent and I'd like to thank everyone, particularly those who have been working around the clock often in challenging conditions.
“Unfortunately, due to high river levels and groundwater flooding, any extra rain is liable to cause more difficulties.
"We will continue to work with our partners throughout the weekend and into next week to ensure the often devastating disruption caused by flooding is kept to an absolute minimum.”
Anyone wishing to report a flooding problem can call the council’s highways team on 0300 456 0105 while details of road closures can be found at www.wiltshire.gov.uk/communityandliving/civilemergencies/emergencynotices.htm#80
Current road closures
- B3081 Tollard Royal - (Structural damage to property adjacent to the road)
- B3106 Staverton to Holt
- C287 in Ford
- Candown road, Tilshead
- Avon road, Foxham (Badger set under the road)
- Mill lane, Faulstone, Bishopstone
- Minety lane (Between Minety and Oaksey
- Elston lane, Shrewton
- Southcott road, Pewsey
- Reybridge, Lacock
Roads affected by flooding but remain open
- A360 south of Candown, Tilshead (Temporary traffic lights in operation)
- A342 Wilsford to Marden (Temporary traffic lights in operation)
- A342 eastbound approach to A338
- A338 between Collingbourne Ducis & A342
- A342 at Conock (Temporary traffic lights in operation)
- B3098 Urchfont
- B3107 The Causeway, Staverton
- B3109 Westwood to Wingfield
- C20 Worton to Blackdog crossroads
- Church road, Purton
- Crawlboys lane, Ludgershall
- Chicks lane, Collingbourne Ducis
- Everleigh road, Collingbourne Ducis
- Fairwood road, Dilton Marsh
- Lottage road, Aldbourne
- U/C Everleigh to Haxton
- U/C through Pitton by Roundbarrow farm, Pitton
- U/C Rockbourne to County boundary
- U/C through Beckhampton
Comments are closed on this article.