Jail sentence likely, Trowbridge attacker warned by judge
Updated 4:04pm Monday 17th February 2014 in Latest News
A man who admitted an attack last summer has been warned he is looking at a jail term.
Bartosz Radoch, 25, pleaded guilty to a charge of causing actual bodily harm when he appeared at Swindon Crown Court on Friday.
Radoch, who needed a Polish interpreter, admitted assaulting Anthony Gardner in Trowbridge on Friday, July 5, last year.
The court was told that he had been on bail on condition he lives at home address and does not go within 50 metres of the Conservative Club.
But Mike Jeary, defending, said his client planned to move house in a few weeks so would seek a variation of his bail when that happened.
He asked for the case to be adjourned to Friday, March 14, to allow the probation service time to compile a pre-sentence report.
In the meantime Judge Euan Ambrose told him he must reside at his current address in Henderson Close and co-operate with the making of a report.
He warned: "The fact that I am adjourning for a report and extending bail does not mean that the sentence will be other than a prison sentence.
"Even though I am giving you bail and ordering a pre-sentence report a prison sentence is likely."