THE LIST: 23 stunning pictures of Swindon's great storm
Updated 2:24pm Monday 16th June 2014 in Latest News
FRIDAY the 13th provided the perfect eerie platform for one of the most visually stunning storms to hit Swindon in years.
Our readers managed to snap some superb lightning pictures, which they have kindly shared with us vis our social media channels over the weekend.
Here are 23 of the best. They're in no particaular order but feel free to tell us your favourite in the comments box below.
1. Dave King's Facebook submission perfectly captures a double bolt.
2. Hannah Natalie Lucey's single white bolt.
3. Phil Jefferies Adi's effort lights up the sky.
4. Ian Gill's pic of the sky over Old Town.
5. Ed Brodhurst captures his bolt over Taw Hill.
6. Fred Inselin's strike splits the night sky in two.
7. Purple rain from Justin Wood.
8. Sarah Fallon captures the storm in Liden.
9. Michael Greenhalgh's biblical effort.
10. Kriston Rolf snaps a fork.
11. This explosive shot was tweeted to us by @64outsider.
12. Another double, this time caught over Cricklade by Damien Davis.
13. An apocalyptic shot from John Fisher.
14. Richard Long on neighbourhood watch duty.
15. Another electric tweet taken over Moredon by @OneMoarDave.
16. Pauline Coram tweeted this strike.
17. Neil Butler captures a particularly chaotic bolt.
18. David Godsell captures a bolt from the safety of his Shaw home.
19. Lorraine Fields grabs a still after filming the storm.
20. Sarah Bowden's explosive flash.
21. Joe Allenden takes shelter, possibly from inside a net.
22. Jake East-Woods tells us he captured the face of a lightning god.
23. Nina Bevan rounds off the list in dramatic style.
Comments are closed on this article.