VIDEO: Pole dancer demands respect at work

This Is Wiltshire: Alice Lavery Alice Lavery

POLE dancer Alice Lavery may go to work in her underwear, but she still expects the utmost respect from her customers.

“Just because I work in my underwear does not mean people can treat me like a piece of meat,” she said.

The 23-year-old, who can earn anything between £100 and £1,000 in a night through pole-dancing and private dances, has worked in 15 different clubs throughout the south west and overseas.

She said: “I’d always seen the pole dancers abroad in Magaluf and Malta and thought it could be fun, and when I first started about four years ago I had been to a club one night in Bristol and I saw the girls doing it, and I thought it looked pretty good and I wanted to give it a go and see if I could do it too.

“So I went back in the day and they said I could give it a go and I earned £150 in my first night.

“I was nervous on the first night but you just get used to it. You can’t really be nervous or shy or anything or you just won’t get the customers.”

But despite working in skimpy clothing for several nights of the week, Alice finds the job empowering, addictive, and with no room for hanky panky – especially at Dream Lounge in Regent Circus.

She said: “In Magaluf and Malta, it’s different to what you get in the UK. They give a different impression. Everyone is used to seeing them over there and it gives them the wrong expectations.

“The customers aren’t allowed to touch and the dancers aren’t allowed to touch. If there is anything like that going on then we have a really good security team who are there instantly.

“Girls who do that aren’t allowed to work here. If they have a history of it then we just don’t employ them. It’s pretty strict like that.

“People see it as borderline prostitution, but it’s really not. The guys in here aren’t allowed to touch us, and I think we should respect them for coming here rather than to a brothel.

“It’s just dancing at the end of the day. Unless you’ve done this job, don’t judge anyone else.”

For Alice, Dream Lounge is one of the best places she’s ever worked when it comes to personal safety, but that does not take away each girl’s responsibility to look after themself.

She said: “Most the time you feel pretty safe and you know the security team are going to help you if you need it, especially in Dream Lounge. In some of the other clubs I’ve worked in security haven’t always been so supportive and helpful but here, we’re like a family. You know that they will be there instantly if something goes wrong.

“I’m quite confident as well and not afraid to defend myself and say no is no, and I think you really have to have that. You have to know that sometimes people are going to try and take it too far and you have to be able to look after yourself.

“To do this job you have to be quite streetwise and mature. You have to let yourself know what you’re in for. It’s definitely not for everyone.”

One of the biggest draws for Alice, who works in a restaurant by day and uses her night-time work to fund her law degree, is the cash and the sense of camaraderie between her colleagues.

She said: “It’s just really fun. It’s a fantastic atmosphere between the girls and some of the people I work with are my best friends. We work together, we drink together, we have a good time.

“It’s a really addictive lifestyle, it’s just really fun. It’s like going out and partying except you get paid for it.

“I’m just getting paid to go out with next to nothing on, on my Saturday night.”

But working as a pole dancer does have its drawbacks, including breaking up some relationships with boyfriends.

Alice said: “I’ve had some boyfriends who wanted me to quit. They sometimes don’t really understand that it is just work for me.

“I’ve tried to give it up for boyfriends and stuff in the past but it’s just addictive, the money, the lifestyle, it’s just one big party all the time really.

“I’ve never met anyone in this job who hasn’t been 100 per cent happy.

“You also do have to work hard to earn the money. You have to be willing to talk to people and be able to have conversations with anyone.

“It is also really hard. It’s taken years and years of practice to get where I am on the pole now. You have to be really strong and fit to be able to do it well.

“It’s definitely not for everyone.”

At Dream Lounge, Alice is the House Mum, responsible for the girls’ welfare and a deputy to Sandra Rogers, who helps her husband, Peter, run the late-night venue.

Alice said: “Because I’ve been doing this for a while now I help to look after the girls, if they want advice or someone to talk to and I’m there if there’s been an issue.

“There’s very rarely any arguments but if there is I can also sit down with the girls and talk about it, and it’s just making sure they are OK.”

Comments (49)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:23am Wed 23 Jul 14

house on the hill says...

Is it April 1st? So you have chosen to basically get your t1ts out for money and expect people to respect you? Seriously? Ok so if there are sad, stupid "men" who are prepared to pay to see it then why not take advantage of them but please get real. If you want respect get a job that deserves it!
Is it April 1st? So you have chosen to basically get your t1ts out for money and expect people to respect you? Seriously? Ok so if there are sad, stupid "men" who are prepared to pay to see it then why not take advantage of them but please get real. If you want respect get a job that deserves it! house on the hill
  • Score: 53

7:34am Wed 23 Jul 14

EastleazeRed says...

Obviously someone at the adver is guaranteed free entry and a couple of free dances at Dream Lounge . Nice plug adver! But another pointless story .
Obviously someone at the adver is guaranteed free entry and a couple of free dances at Dream Lounge . Nice plug adver! But another pointless story . EastleazeRed
  • Score: 61

7:59am Wed 23 Jul 14

peewee says...

house on the hill wrote:
Is it April 1st? So you have chosen to basically get your t1ts out for money and expect people to respect you? Seriously? Ok so if there are sad, stupid "men" who are prepared to pay to see it then why not take advantage of them but please get real. If you want respect get a job that deserves it!
i totally agree with you, what is she on the paper for, to get more people to go there?
[quote][p][bold]house on the hill[/bold] wrote: Is it April 1st? So you have chosen to basically get your t1ts out for money and expect people to respect you? Seriously? Ok so if there are sad, stupid "men" who are prepared to pay to see it then why not take advantage of them but please get real. If you want respect get a job that deserves it![/p][/quote]i totally agree with you, what is she on the paper for, to get more people to go there? peewee
  • Score: 53

8:02am Wed 23 Jul 14

peewee says...

i presume she gets more respect in her restaurant job then!
i presume she gets more respect in her restaurant job then! peewee
  • Score: 28

8:04am Wed 23 Jul 14

Chowmai says...

“People see it as borderline prostitution, but it’s really not. The guys in here aren’t allowed to touch us, and I think we should respect them for coming here rather than to a brothel."

So it is not 'borderline prostitution' and respect to the guys 'for coming here rather than to a brothel.'
Glad we got that cleared up then.
“People see it as borderline prostitution, but it’s really not. The guys in here aren’t allowed to touch us, and I think we should respect them for coming here rather than to a brothel." So it is not 'borderline prostitution' and respect to the guys 'for coming here rather than to a brothel.' Glad we got that cleared up then. Chowmai
  • Score: 35

9:37am Wed 23 Jul 14

towney says...

So you think you are better than a prostitute and deserve more respect than a prostitute? But you do private dances?! So some dirty old man gets a private cubicle to watch you preform just for him and of course the whole time he is watching this both his hands are visible and above his waist. Yeah right, pull the other one. You my dear are a prostitute. Oh and you only do it to fund a law degree! Well I am not sure but I think you may find that when you are ready to be working in law this may well come back and bite you on the bum big time.
So you think you are better than a prostitute and deserve more respect than a prostitute? But you do private dances?! So some dirty old man gets a private cubicle to watch you preform just for him and of course the whole time he is watching this both his hands are visible and above his waist. Yeah right, pull the other one. You my dear are a prostitute. Oh and you only do it to fund a law degree! Well I am not sure but I think you may find that when you are ready to be working in law this may well come back and bite you on the bum big time. towney
  • Score: 27

9:45am Wed 23 Jul 14

The Real Librarian says...

I'm sorry, you get paid up to £1,000 per shift for being a professional tease and you want respect too!

Given the intention to be a lawyer, I assume Alice will be demanding this article is removed from the interweb when she qualifies in a couple of years and starts looking for work that involves clothes.
I'm sorry, you get paid up to £1,000 per shift for being a professional tease and you want respect too! Given the intention to be a lawyer, I assume Alice will be demanding this article is removed from the interweb when she qualifies in a couple of years and starts looking for work that involves clothes. The Real Librarian
  • Score: 29

9:55am Wed 23 Jul 14

PaulD says...

and do you declare this £1000 per night to HMRC?
and do you declare this £1000 per night to HMRC? PaulD
  • Score: 30

10:28am Wed 23 Jul 14

reader5 says...

towney wrote:
So you think you are better than a prostitute and deserve more respect than a prostitute? But you do private dances?! So some dirty old man gets a private cubicle to watch you preform just for him and of course the whole time he is watching this both his hands are visible and above his waist. Yeah right, pull the other one. You my dear are a prostitute. Oh and you only do it to fund a law degree! Well I am not sure but I think you may find that when you are ready to be working in law this may well come back and bite you on the bum big time.
well done on your reply, this is exactly what she needs to hear, and its also young drunk men that go there as well, shame on them
[quote][p][bold]towney[/bold] wrote: So you think you are better than a prostitute and deserve more respect than a prostitute? But you do private dances?! So some dirty old man gets a private cubicle to watch you preform just for him and of course the whole time he is watching this both his hands are visible and above his waist. Yeah right, pull the other one. You my dear are a prostitute. Oh and you only do it to fund a law degree! Well I am not sure but I think you may find that when you are ready to be working in law this may well come back and bite you on the bum big time.[/p][/quote]well done on your reply, this is exactly what she needs to hear, and its also young drunk men that go there as well, shame on them reader5
  • Score: -5

10:30am Wed 23 Jul 14

Mango man says...

If you were any good at it love you wouldn't be stuck in Swindon wobbling your bits in men's faces!
Is there any point in this article other than free advertising for Dreamlounge? This rag gets worse by the day
If you were any good at it love you wouldn't be stuck in Swindon wobbling your bits in men's faces! Is there any point in this article other than free advertising for Dreamlounge? This rag gets worse by the day Mango man
  • Score: 28

10:32am Wed 23 Jul 14

reader5 says...

PaulD wrote:
and do you declare this £1000 per night to HMRC?
lets hope she does declare it, and she wants to work in law what a disgrace!
[quote][p][bold]PaulD[/bold] wrote: and do you declare this £1000 per night to HMRC?[/p][/quote]lets hope she does declare it, and she wants to work in law what a disgrace! reader5
  • Score: 14

10:35am Wed 23 Jul 14

reader5 says...

not being funny but she isn't that attractive is she, so i wonder what the other girls look like
not being funny but she isn't that attractive is she, so i wonder what the other girls look like reader5
  • Score: 15

11:12am Wed 23 Jul 14

trolley dolley says...

Easy "Job", easy Money.

Best let the Tax man at HMRC sort it out.

There could be quite a lot in it for the revenue.
Easy "Job", easy Money. Best let the Tax man at HMRC sort it out. There could be quite a lot in it for the revenue. trolley dolley
  • Score: 14

11:42am Wed 23 Jul 14

Amberflame says...

“Just because I work in my underwear does not mean people can treat me like a piece of meat,” she said.

Wake up, that is exactly what you are!
“Just because I work in my underwear does not mean people can treat me like a piece of meat,” she said. Wake up, that is exactly what you are! Amberflame
  • Score: 22

1:01pm Wed 23 Jul 14

Davey Gravey says...

If you strip off for **** up blokes then expect a bit of hassle etc. Find another vocation if you do not like it.
If you strip off for **** up blokes then expect a bit of hassle etc. Find another vocation if you do not like it. Davey Gravey
  • Score: 5

1:01pm Wed 23 Jul 14

EastleazeRed says...

reader5 wrote:
not being funny but she isn't that attractive is she, so i wonder what the other girls look like
I was thinking the same . Rather have a w**k :-D
[quote][p][bold]reader5[/bold] wrote: not being funny but she isn't that attractive is she, so i wonder what the other girls look like[/p][/quote]I was thinking the same . Rather have a w**k :-D EastleazeRed
  • Score: 12

1:10pm Wed 23 Jul 14

Sandor Clegane says...

reader5 wrote:
PaulD wrote:
and do you declare this £1000 per night to HMRC?
lets hope she does declare it, and she wants to work in law what a disgrace!
Yes, because the majority of those working in the legal profession are morally upstanding pillars of the community...

It's practically a requirement of being a defence lawyer that you have to be even worse than the guilty 'clients' you connive to have stroll from court to repeat their crimes.
[quote][p][bold]reader5[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PaulD[/bold] wrote: and do you declare this £1000 per night to HMRC?[/p][/quote]lets hope she does declare it, and she wants to work in law what a disgrace![/p][/quote]Yes, because the majority of those working in the legal profession are morally upstanding pillars of the community... It's practically a requirement of being a defence lawyer that you have to be even worse than the guilty 'clients' you connive to have stroll from court to repeat their crimes. Sandor Clegane
  • Score: 10

1:13pm Wed 23 Jul 14

Ollie Dognacky says...

I don't know why everyone is being so uptight......
It worked out all right for Demi Moore 💃
I don't know why everyone is being so uptight...... It worked out all right for Demi Moore 💃 Ollie Dognacky
  • Score: -2

1:18pm Wed 23 Jul 14

reader5 says...

trolley dolley wrote:
Easy "Job", easy Money.

Best let the Tax man at HMRC sort it out.

There could be quite a lot in it for the revenue.
yes hope they do
[quote][p][bold]trolley dolley[/bold] wrote: Easy "Job", easy Money. Best let the Tax man at HMRC sort it out. There could be quite a lot in it for the revenue.[/p][/quote]yes hope they do reader5
  • Score: 7

1:19pm Wed 23 Jul 14

reader5 says...

Amberflame wrote:
“Just because I work in my underwear does not mean people can treat me like a piece of meat,” she said.

Wake up, that is exactly what you are!
well done
[quote][p][bold]Amberflame[/bold] wrote: “Just because I work in my underwear does not mean people can treat me like a piece of meat,” she said. Wake up, that is exactly what you are![/p][/quote]well done reader5
  • Score: 8

1:20pm Wed 23 Jul 14

reader5 says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
If you strip off for **** up blokes then expect a bit of hassle etc. Find another vocation if you do not like it.
well done with this comment
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: If you strip off for **** up blokes then expect a bit of hassle etc. Find another vocation if you do not like it.[/p][/quote]well done with this comment reader5
  • Score: 0

1:22pm Wed 23 Jul 14

reader5 says...

the funny bit is when she says the bodyguards are there to help us with any help, with what exactly, if the men aren't allowed to touch, don't make sense to me!!
the funny bit is when she says the bodyguards are there to help us with any help, with what exactly, if the men aren't allowed to touch, don't make sense to me!! reader5
  • Score: 4

1:34pm Wed 23 Jul 14

Oldtownmum says...

Nope, sorry, not sold it to me in this blatant bit of advertising. It's sleazy, unnecessary and the 'studying for a law degree' line is getting very tired!!
Nope, sorry, not sold it to me in this blatant bit of advertising. It's sleazy, unnecessary and the 'studying for a law degree' line is getting very tired!! Oldtownmum
  • Score: 20

2:15pm Wed 23 Jul 14

Chrisg46 says...

Just to go against the grain, re piece of meat, studying for a law degree etc - It is entirely possible she is doing this. Remember that belle du jour bird, played onTV by Billie Piper? The real life Belle financed herself from student through her phd and beyond, becoming a respected research scientist.

Having said that, the story does smack of advertising rather than journalism.
Just to go against the grain, re piece of meat, studying for a law degree etc - It is entirely possible she is doing this. Remember that belle du jour bird, played onTV by Billie Piper? The real life Belle financed herself from student through her phd and beyond, becoming a respected research scientist. Having said that, the story does smack of advertising rather than journalism. Chrisg46
  • Score: 16

2:26pm Wed 23 Jul 14

Cooking_by_smoke_alarm says...

towney says...

So you think you are better than a prostitute and deserve more respect than a prostitute? But you do private dances?! So some dirty old man gets a private cubicle to watch you preform just for him and of course the whole time he is watching this both his hands are visible and above his waist. Yeah right, pull the other one. You my dear are a prostitute.

does this moral standard apply to male strippers? And are the Women who go to these shows sad old cows?

In comparison to the violation of human beings in S.E Ukraine/Gazza/Isreal etc this activity is really not worth writing about.




Oldtownmum says...

Nope, sorry, not sold it to me in this blatant bit of advertising. It's sleazy, unnecessary and the 'studying for a law degree' line is getting very tired!!

exactly
towney says... So you think you are better than a prostitute and deserve more respect than a prostitute? But you do private dances?! So some dirty old man gets a private cubicle to watch you preform just for him and of course the whole time he is watching this both his hands are visible and above his waist. Yeah right, pull the other one. You my dear are a prostitute. does this moral standard apply to male strippers? And are the Women who go to these shows sad old cows? In comparison to the violation of human beings in S.E Ukraine/Gazza/Isreal etc this activity is really not worth writing about. Oldtownmum says... Nope, sorry, not sold it to me in this blatant bit of advertising. It's sleazy, unnecessary and the 'studying for a law degree' line is getting very tired!! exactly Cooking_by_smoke_alarm
  • Score: 7

2:47pm Wed 23 Jul 14

mrwoo says...

She can dance on my pole anytime!
She can dance on my pole anytime! mrwoo
  • Score: 8

3:00pm Wed 23 Jul 14

Cooking_by_smoke_alarm says...

Swindon woman drowned after tiff with lesbian lover
Swindon Advertiser:
2:06pm Wednesday 23rd July 2014

LESBIAN Helen Jones drowned in a pretty Cotswold river after a tiff with her lover over whether their hotel bedroom window should be open or shut, an inquest heard today.


Along with the Pole Dance story, The Adver seems to delight in folks predilections/foible
s even in a tragic case as per above. When a heterosexual male/female dies in tragic circumstances, does the paper lead with their sexual orientation first?....I don't think so. Sums the paper up really.
Swindon woman drowned after tiff with lesbian lover Swindon Advertiser: 2:06pm Wednesday 23rd July 2014 LESBIAN Helen Jones drowned in a pretty Cotswold river after a tiff with her lover over whether their hotel bedroom window should be open or shut, an inquest heard today. Along with the Pole Dance story, The Adver seems to delight in folks predilections/foible s even in a tragic case as per above. When a heterosexual male/female dies in tragic circumstances, does the paper lead with their sexual orientation first?....I don't think so. Sums the paper up really. Cooking_by_smoke_alarm
  • Score: 19

5:49pm Wed 23 Jul 14

Grimly Feendish says...

How is this news when one of our MPs found guilty of breaking professional rules and being censured for it is put in a place where he has to ensure integrity in the legal system? Instead we've got a non-commited stripper at the top of news. I suppose with the Brunel Rooms closed you have to get free entry and drinks somewhere else by promoting them.
How is this news when one of our MPs found guilty of breaking professional rules and being censured for it is put in a place where he has to ensure integrity in the legal system? Instead we've got a non-commited stripper at the top of news. I suppose with the Brunel Rooms closed you have to get free entry and drinks somewhere else by promoting them. Grimly Feendish
  • Score: 7

6:20pm Wed 23 Jul 14

GemmRR says...

What bitter narrow minded morans you all sound... I like how the keyboard warriors hide behind a screen and make personal unnecessary comments.. Mature.. If there are men or women ( yes both sexes) are prepared to pay money to watch someone dance in the same amount of clothes people wear on a public area on a beach then so be it.. Who are you to judge.. Why because of where this person works does that mean they dodge taxes?!? Does that mean you would make such a judgemental comment to a builder or hairdresser?!? They are all self employed after all! And to make comment on the way this girl looks... I hope you are earning good money from how attractive you are because the comments you make doesn't come across like you are very attractive on the inside! I used to be like you and judged the type of industry.. I then met and spoke to these people and my opinions changed.. Maybe inside of hiding behind your screen you should try to do the same?? #justsaying
What bitter narrow minded morans you all sound... I like how the keyboard warriors hide behind a screen and make personal unnecessary comments.. Mature.. If there are men or women ( yes both sexes) are prepared to pay money to watch someone dance in the same amount of clothes people wear on a public area on a beach then so be it.. Who are you to judge.. Why because of where this person works does that mean they dodge taxes?!? Does that mean you would make such a judgemental comment to a builder or hairdresser?!? They are all self employed after all! And to make comment on the way this girl looks... I hope you are earning good money from how attractive you are because the comments you make doesn't come across like you are very attractive on the inside! I used to be like you and judged the type of industry.. I then met and spoke to these people and my opinions changed.. Maybe inside of hiding behind your screen you should try to do the same?? #justsaying GemmRR
  • Score: 2

6:39pm Wed 23 Jul 14

peewee says...

GemmRR wrote:
What bitter narrow minded morans you all sound... I like how the keyboard warriors hide behind a screen and make personal unnecessary comments.. Mature.. If there are men or women ( yes both sexes) are prepared to pay money to watch someone dance in the same amount of clothes people wear on a public area on a beach then so be it.. Who are you to judge.. Why because of where this person works does that mean they dodge taxes?!? Does that mean you would make such a judgemental comment to a builder or hairdresser?!? They are all self employed after all! And to make comment on the way this girl looks... I hope you are earning good money from how attractive you are because the comments you make doesn't come across like you are very attractive on the inside! I used to be like you and judged the type of industry.. I then met and spoke to these people and my opinions changed.. Maybe inside of hiding behind your screen you should try to do the same?? #justsaying
are you saying she's attractive then? she don't look it to us, and a few people have said this, better stick to her law job if she can get one after advertising what she does in her part time, which hope she does not, it is not very good impression on real lawyers is it
[quote][p][bold]GemmRR[/bold] wrote: What bitter narrow minded morans you all sound... I like how the keyboard warriors hide behind a screen and make personal unnecessary comments.. Mature.. If there are men or women ( yes both sexes) are prepared to pay money to watch someone dance in the same amount of clothes people wear on a public area on a beach then so be it.. Who are you to judge.. Why because of where this person works does that mean they dodge taxes?!? Does that mean you would make such a judgemental comment to a builder or hairdresser?!? They are all self employed after all! And to make comment on the way this girl looks... I hope you are earning good money from how attractive you are because the comments you make doesn't come across like you are very attractive on the inside! I used to be like you and judged the type of industry.. I then met and spoke to these people and my opinions changed.. Maybe inside of hiding behind your screen you should try to do the same?? #justsaying[/p][/quote]are you saying she's attractive then? she don't look it to us, and a few people have said this, better stick to her law job if she can get one after advertising what she does in her part time, which hope she does not, it is not very good impression on real lawyers is it peewee
  • Score: 6

6:40pm Wed 23 Jul 14

peewee says...

reader5 wrote:
not being funny but she isn't that attractive is she, so i wonder what the other girls look like
she is not at all attractive in any way, what a joke
[quote][p][bold]reader5[/bold] wrote: not being funny but she isn't that attractive is she, so i wonder what the other girls look like[/p][/quote]she is not at all attractive in any way, what a joke peewee
  • Score: 15

8:43pm Wed 23 Jul 14

roberto5 says...

She really is NOT attractive, why would anyone pay for that ugly slab of meat?
She really is NOT attractive, why would anyone pay for that ugly slab of meat? roberto5
  • Score: 17

8:48pm Wed 23 Jul 14

GLA123 says...

GemmRR wrote:
What bitter narrow minded morans you all sound... I like how the keyboard warriors hide behind a screen and make personal unnecessary comments.. Mature.. If there are men or women ( yes both sexes) are prepared to pay money to watch someone dance in the same amount of clothes people wear on a public area on a beach then so be it.. Who are you to judge.. Why because of where this person works does that mean they dodge taxes?!? Does that mean you would make such a judgemental comment to a builder or hairdresser?!? They are all self employed after all! And to make comment on the way this girl looks... I hope you are earning good money from how attractive you are because the comments you make doesn't come across like you are very attractive on the inside! I used to be like you and judged the type of industry.. I then met and spoke to these people and my opinions changed.. Maybe inside of hiding behind your screen you should try to do the same?? #justsaying
Dancing in the same amount of clothes as people on the street?
How often do you see fully naked people walking the streets.
I worked in a strip venue and most girls simply prey on very drunk customers, often known for adding an extra zero onto there card transaction....theft and fraud but training to be a lawyer?? Joke
And most girls declare £200 a week....biggest tax scam in the country only second to prostitution and that's a fact.
[quote][p][bold]GemmRR[/bold] wrote: What bitter narrow minded morans you all sound... I like how the keyboard warriors hide behind a screen and make personal unnecessary comments.. Mature.. If there are men or women ( yes both sexes) are prepared to pay money to watch someone dance in the same amount of clothes people wear on a public area on a beach then so be it.. Who are you to judge.. Why because of where this person works does that mean they dodge taxes?!? Does that mean you would make such a judgemental comment to a builder or hairdresser?!? They are all self employed after all! And to make comment on the way this girl looks... I hope you are earning good money from how attractive you are because the comments you make doesn't come across like you are very attractive on the inside! I used to be like you and judged the type of industry.. I then met and spoke to these people and my opinions changed.. Maybe inside of hiding behind your screen you should try to do the same?? #justsaying[/p][/quote]Dancing in the same amount of clothes as people on the street? How often do you see fully naked people walking the streets. I worked in a strip venue and most girls simply prey on very drunk customers, often known for adding an extra zero onto there card transaction....theft and fraud but training to be a lawyer?? Joke And most girls declare £200 a week....biggest tax scam in the country only second to prostitution and that's a fact. GLA123
  • Score: 5

8:53pm Wed 23 Jul 14

daws says...

GemmRR wrote:
What bitter narrow minded morans you all sound... I like how the keyboard warriors hide behind a screen and make personal unnecessary comments.. Mature.. If there are men or women ( yes both sexes) are prepared to pay money to watch someone dance in the same amount of clothes people wear on a public area on a beach then so be it.. Who are you to judge.. Why because of where this person works does that mean they dodge taxes?!? Does that mean you would make such a judgemental comment to a builder or hairdresser?!? They are all self employed after all! And to make comment on the way this girl looks... I hope you are earning good money from how attractive you are because the comments you make doesn't come across like you are very attractive on the inside! I used to be like you and judged the type of industry.. I then met and spoke to these people and my opinions changed.. Maybe inside of hiding behind your screen you should try to do the same?? #justsaying
Your missing the point GemmRR, no one really gives a toss what she does with her shabby get up and pole, just why does it have to make pointless news on what is supposed to be a news paper site
[quote][p][bold]GemmRR[/bold] wrote: What bitter narrow minded morans you all sound... I like how the keyboard warriors hide behind a screen and make personal unnecessary comments.. Mature.. If there are men or women ( yes both sexes) are prepared to pay money to watch someone dance in the same amount of clothes people wear on a public area on a beach then so be it.. Who are you to judge.. Why because of where this person works does that mean they dodge taxes?!? Does that mean you would make such a judgemental comment to a builder or hairdresser?!? They are all self employed after all! And to make comment on the way this girl looks... I hope you are earning good money from how attractive you are because the comments you make doesn't come across like you are very attractive on the inside! I used to be like you and judged the type of industry.. I then met and spoke to these people and my opinions changed.. Maybe inside of hiding behind your screen you should try to do the same?? #justsaying[/p][/quote]Your missing the point GemmRR, no one really gives a toss what she does with her shabby get up and pole, just why does it have to make pointless news on what is supposed to be a news paper site daws
  • Score: 7

10:47pm Wed 23 Jul 14

GemmRR says...

daws wrote:
GemmRR wrote:
What bitter narrow minded morans you all sound... I like how the keyboard warriors hide behind a screen and make personal unnecessary comments.. Mature.. If there are men or women ( yes both sexes) are prepared to pay money to watch someone dance in the same amount of clothes people wear on a public area on a beach then so be it.. Who are you to judge.. Why because of where this person works does that mean they dodge taxes?!? Does that mean you would make such a judgemental comment to a builder or hairdresser?!? They are all self employed after all! And to make comment on the way this girl looks... I hope you are earning good money from how attractive you are because the comments you make doesn't come across like you are very attractive on the inside! I used to be like you and judged the type of industry.. I then met and spoke to these people and my opinions changed.. Maybe inside of hiding behind your screen you should try to do the same?? #justsaying
Your missing the point GemmRR, no one really gives a toss what she does with her shabby get up and pole, just why does it have to make pointless news on what is supposed to be a news paper site
No I'm not missing the point.... Most people on here have made it a personal thing against this girl and that's not fair... That has nothing to do with the paper choosing to write this artical .... So maybe the comments need to be re read??
[quote][p][bold]daws[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GemmRR[/bold] wrote: What bitter narrow minded morans you all sound... I like how the keyboard warriors hide behind a screen and make personal unnecessary comments.. Mature.. If there are men or women ( yes both sexes) are prepared to pay money to watch someone dance in the same amount of clothes people wear on a public area on a beach then so be it.. Who are you to judge.. Why because of where this person works does that mean they dodge taxes?!? Does that mean you would make such a judgemental comment to a builder or hairdresser?!? They are all self employed after all! And to make comment on the way this girl looks... I hope you are earning good money from how attractive you are because the comments you make doesn't come across like you are very attractive on the inside! I used to be like you and judged the type of industry.. I then met and spoke to these people and my opinions changed.. Maybe inside of hiding behind your screen you should try to do the same?? #justsaying[/p][/quote]Your missing the point GemmRR, no one really gives a toss what she does with her shabby get up and pole, just why does it have to make pointless news on what is supposed to be a news paper site[/p][/quote]No I'm not missing the point.... Most people on here have made it a personal thing against this girl and that's not fair... That has nothing to do with the paper choosing to write this artical .... So maybe the comments need to be re read?? GemmRR
  • Score: 1

10:51pm Wed 23 Jul 14

GemmRR says...

peewee wrote:
GemmRR wrote:
What bitter narrow minded morans you all sound... I like how the keyboard warriors hide behind a screen and make personal unnecessary comments.. Mature.. If there are men or women ( yes both sexes) are prepared to pay money to watch someone dance in the same amount of clothes people wear on a public area on a beach then so be it.. Who are you to judge.. Why because of where this person works does that mean they dodge taxes?!? Does that mean you would make such a judgemental comment to a builder or hairdresser?!? They are all self employed after all! And to make comment on the way this girl looks... I hope you are earning good money from how attractive you are because the comments you make doesn't come across like you are very attractive on the inside! I used to be like you and judged the type of industry.. I then met and spoke to these people and my opinions changed.. Maybe inside of hiding behind your screen you should try to do the same?? #justsaying
are you saying she's attractive then? she don't look it to us, and a few people have said this, better stick to her law job if she can get one after advertising what she does in her part time, which hope she does not, it is not very good impression on real lawyers is it
I'm saying who made you perfect and able to judge someone so cruelly... You are making personal digs at some on you know nothing about!
[quote][p][bold]peewee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GemmRR[/bold] wrote: What bitter narrow minded morans you all sound... I like how the keyboard warriors hide behind a screen and make personal unnecessary comments.. Mature.. If there are men or women ( yes both sexes) are prepared to pay money to watch someone dance in the same amount of clothes people wear on a public area on a beach then so be it.. Who are you to judge.. Why because of where this person works does that mean they dodge taxes?!? Does that mean you would make such a judgemental comment to a builder or hairdresser?!? They are all self employed after all! And to make comment on the way this girl looks... I hope you are earning good money from how attractive you are because the comments you make doesn't come across like you are very attractive on the inside! I used to be like you and judged the type of industry.. I then met and spoke to these people and my opinions changed.. Maybe inside of hiding behind your screen you should try to do the same?? #justsaying[/p][/quote]are you saying she's attractive then? she don't look it to us, and a few people have said this, better stick to her law job if she can get one after advertising what she does in her part time, which hope she does not, it is not very good impression on real lawyers is it[/p][/quote]I'm saying who made you perfect and able to judge someone so cruelly... You are making personal digs at some on you know nothing about! GemmRR
  • Score: 1

10:57pm Wed 23 Jul 14

GemmRR says...

GLA123 wrote:
GemmRR wrote:
What bitter narrow minded morans you all sound... I like how the keyboard warriors hide behind a screen and make personal unnecessary comments.. Mature.. If there are men or women ( yes both sexes) are prepared to pay money to watch someone dance in the same amount of clothes people wear on a public area on a beach then so be it.. Who are you to judge.. Why because of where this person works does that mean they dodge taxes?!? Does that mean you would make such a judgemental comment to a builder or hairdresser?!? They are all self employed after all! And to make comment on the way this girl looks... I hope you are earning good money from how attractive you are because the comments you make doesn't come across like you are very attractive on the inside! I used to be like you and judged the type of industry.. I then met and spoke to these people and my opinions changed.. Maybe inside of hiding behind your screen you should try to do the same?? #justsaying
Dancing in the same amount of clothes as people on the street?
How often do you see fully naked people walking the streets.
I worked in a strip venue and most girls simply prey on very drunk customers, often known for adding an extra zero onto there card transaction....theft and fraud but training to be a lawyer?? Joke
And most girls declare £200 a week....biggest tax scam in the country only second to prostitution and that's a fact.
They are not naked so your wrong... Many occasion I have seen women on a beach topless. You can open a paper and see a topless woman every day of the week... I cannot comment on the 'establishment' you worked in... Maybe you were blinded to see it was a brothel because I know for a fact they noone is taken 'advantage of in the Dreamlounge it is a FACT it is against the law to serve highly intoxicated customers and the owners abide by the law!
[quote][p][bold]GLA123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GemmRR[/bold] wrote: What bitter narrow minded morans you all sound... I like how the keyboard warriors hide behind a screen and make personal unnecessary comments.. Mature.. If there are men or women ( yes both sexes) are prepared to pay money to watch someone dance in the same amount of clothes people wear on a public area on a beach then so be it.. Who are you to judge.. Why because of where this person works does that mean they dodge taxes?!? Does that mean you would make such a judgemental comment to a builder or hairdresser?!? They are all self employed after all! And to make comment on the way this girl looks... I hope you are earning good money from how attractive you are because the comments you make doesn't come across like you are very attractive on the inside! I used to be like you and judged the type of industry.. I then met and spoke to these people and my opinions changed.. Maybe inside of hiding behind your screen you should try to do the same?? #justsaying[/p][/quote]Dancing in the same amount of clothes as people on the street? How often do you see fully naked people walking the streets. I worked in a strip venue and most girls simply prey on very drunk customers, often known for adding an extra zero onto there card transaction....theft and fraud but training to be a lawyer?? Joke And most girls declare £200 a week....biggest tax scam in the country only second to prostitution and that's a fact.[/p][/quote]They are not naked so your wrong... Many occasion I have seen women on a beach topless. You can open a paper and see a topless woman every day of the week... I cannot comment on the 'establishment' you worked in... Maybe you were blinded to see it was a brothel because I know for a fact they noone is taken 'advantage of in the Dreamlounge it is a FACT it is against the law to serve highly intoxicated customers and the owners abide by the law! GemmRR
  • Score: -1

6:44am Thu 24 Jul 14

EastleazeRed says...

She's still a slapper !
She's still a slapper ! EastleazeRed
  • Score: 14

7:21am Thu 24 Jul 14

reader5 says...

and she's only 23!
and she's only 23! reader5
  • Score: 4

8:16am Thu 24 Jul 14

(S)adam Hussin says...

One simply cannot demand respect. It is something to be earned.
One simply cannot demand respect. It is something to be earned. (S)adam Hussin
  • Score: 11

9:13am Thu 24 Jul 14

Sandor Clegane says...

reader5 wrote:
and she's only 23!
So, relatively old, then.
[quote][p][bold]reader5[/bold] wrote: and she's only 23![/p][/quote]So, relatively old, then. Sandor Clegane
  • Score: 2

12:07pm Thu 24 Jul 14

trolley dolley says...

If she pays all her tax on the £1000's she says she gets, then let her keep doing it.

It is what this country needs, willing high tax payers.
If she pays all her tax on the £1000's she says she gets, then let her keep doing it. It is what this country needs, willing high tax payers. trolley dolley
  • Score: 2

1:58pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Jayne35 says...

I also think it's sleazy and don't particularly want to see pole dancing articles and videos in the local paper. If girls want to do this and people want to waste their money and time on it then fine, but don't go on about it.

Also the dancer has left herself wide open for comments like she has had by agreeing to this interview in the first place.
I also think it's sleazy and don't particularly want to see pole dancing articles and videos in the local paper. If girls want to do this and people want to waste their money and time on it then fine, but don't go on about it. Also the dancer has left herself wide open for comments like she has had by agreeing to this interview in the first place. Jayne35
  • Score: 1

5:36pm Thu 24 Jul 14

EastleazeRed says...

Sandor Clegane wrote:
reader5 wrote:
and she's only 23!
So, relatively old, then.
23 ! Your havin a laugh . Looks in her 40s at
Least going by the photos in the adver .
[quote][p][bold]Sandor Clegane[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]reader5[/bold] wrote: and she's only 23![/p][/quote]So, relatively old, then.[/p][/quote]23 ! Your havin a laugh . Looks in her 40s at Least going by the photos in the adver . EastleazeRed
  • Score: 0

6:09pm Thu 24 Jul 14

reader5 says...

EastleazeRed wrote:
Sandor Clegane wrote:
reader5 wrote:
and she's only 23!
So, relatively old, then.
23 ! Your havin a laugh . Looks in her 40s at
Least going by the photos in the adver .
she's had a very hard life then
[quote][p][bold]EastleazeRed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sandor Clegane[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]reader5[/bold] wrote: and she's only 23![/p][/quote]So, relatively old, then.[/p][/quote]23 ! Your havin a laugh . Looks in her 40s at Least going by the photos in the adver .[/p][/quote]she's had a very hard life then reader5
  • Score: 2

7:25pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Ollie Dognacky says...

She's got lovely eyes 💐
She's got lovely eyes 💐 Ollie Dognacky
  • Score: 1

7:35pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Chrisg46 says...

i do hope that the negative posters on here are all in top physical condition without an ounce of cellulite on them... Also that the female posters have never been to a male strip show... Cant be having double standards can we :)
i do hope that the negative posters on here are all in top physical condition without an ounce of cellulite on them... Also that the female posters have never been to a male strip show... Cant be having double standards can we :) Chrisg46
  • Score: 4

9:01am Sun 27 Jul 14

Badgersgetabadname says...

Sandor Clegane wrote:
reader5 wrote:
and she's only 23!
So, relatively old, then.
ChanX and Another Im new log ins but same old tripe.
Still as long as you can feel able to look down at someone else you are both happy.
[quote][p][bold]Sandor Clegane[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]reader5[/bold] wrote: and she's only 23![/p][/quote]So, relatively old, then.[/p][/quote]ChanX and Another Im new log ins but same old tripe. Still as long as you can feel able to look down at someone else you are both happy. Badgersgetabadname
  • Score: 0

9:05am Sun 27 Jul 14

Badgersgetabadname says...

Amberflame wrote:
“Just because I work in my underwear does not mean people can treat me like a piece of meat,” she said.

Wake up, that is exactly what you are!
You do seem to be very angry in all your posts....
I can appreciate when all you have to talk to all day are your kids you would expect all people to follow what you say in kind but its just not the case.

Go outside get some sun hopefully the world will not seem as bleak to you.
[quote][p][bold]Amberflame[/bold] wrote: “Just because I work in my underwear does not mean people can treat me like a piece of meat,” she said. Wake up, that is exactly what you are![/p][/quote]You do seem to be very angry in all your posts.... I can appreciate when all you have to talk to all day are your kids you would expect all people to follow what you say in kind but its just not the case. Go outside get some sun hopefully the world will not seem as bleak to you. Badgersgetabadname
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree