FROME Town were undone by a pacey Weymouth attack as they slipped to defeat in their second outing of the new season last night.

Adrian Foster's men, who claimed a 2-1 win at Histon on the opening day of the campaign last Saturday, were unable to pull off another result away from home.

Darren Chitty returned to take over the goalkeeper's jersey whilst Rhys Baggridge also returned to his accustomed position at centre-back alongside Jack Vallis.

Frome started very brightly and in the first minute, Mark Francis saw his goalbound shot deflected for a corner, and after Jon Vance delivered it perfectly, the unmarked Baggridge rose at the far post to head just over the crossbar.

But it didn’t take long for Weymouth to get into the match and after Chitty had had problems with a high ball in the swirling wind, it fell to Adam Kelly, who should really have done better with an unmarked header from ten yards.

A few minutes later, Stewart Yetton found space to direct a header straight at Chitty from a similar distance.

The Robins were living dangerously at this point and the Weymouth pressure paid off in the 11th minute as a diving header by Kelly hit the Frome crossbar before rebounding out to Jamie Laird, who had time and space to hit an unstoppable left-foot shot into the net.

Jonny Lynn replaced the injured Jack Vallis in the 26th minute and two minutes later, Weymouth went close as the dangerous Kelly hit a cracking half-volley from 25 yards that just flew over the bar and then Chris McPhee repeated the feat shortly afterwards.

A couple of late tackles brought an edge to the match on the half hour, and after Yetton had beaten Baggridge in the air to head directly at Chitty, Frome equalised in the 42nd minute as a rare left-wing corner was driven back into the box by Vance only for the ball to bounce up on to the hand of a defender.

Kris Miller stepped up to coolly slot home the equaliser.

Frome changed their shape in the second halfand for the first ten minutes, they took the game to Weymouth, but after Smith had hit a long-range effort into the arms of Jason Matthews, the Terras regained the lead through Kelly's screaming 30-yard volley, which swerved and dipped and ended up in the top right-hand corner.

Frome came forward looking for the equaliser and the 66th minute saw a great chance as Miller ran onto a great through ball from Matt Smith, but as he dinked the ball over the diving Matthews, it failed to come down and cleared the crossbar by several feet.

Weymouth made it 3-1 in the 69th minute as Frome’s pressure left gaps at the back, allowing Chris Shepherd to cut inside his man on the right wing and produce a perfect low cross to the far post for the arriving Yetton to shoot home easily from close range.

Frome immediately replied to make it 3-2 as Smith got up to head a Mundy cross to the far post where Francis knocked in his second goal in two games, and with twenty minutes to go, it seemed that a draw was a distinct possibility.

But then Weymouth sealed the win in the 83rd minute with a pacey, passing move that carved open the Frome defence allowing George Rigg to effectively shoot into an open net at the end and make it 4-2.