THE LIST: 10 things to do around Swindon this Bank Holiday weekend
9:00am Friday 22nd August 2014 in Latest News
WITH the last Bank Holiday weekend of the year almost upon us, we bring you a list of 10 things to do in and around Swindon.
If you have an event scheduled on Saturday, Sunday or Monday that isn't listed add it in the comments section at the bottom of the article.
If you know of an event taking place on upcoming weekends that you want to see included in future lists email email@example.com.
10 THINGS TO DO AROUND SWINDON THIS WEEKEND
- Swindon Town FC play Crewe at the County Ground at 3pm on Saturday. For tickets visit www.swindontownfc.co.uk or call 08718761879.
- Outdoor Cinema: The Goonies, at the Town Gardens and Bowl, from 8.45pm on Saturday. Tickets are £12.50 for deckchairs and £14.50 for bean bags. To book, visit http://www.cultscreens.co.uk/2014/08/the-goonies-2/
- Shrivenham Village Fete from 1pm on Saturday at Shrivenham Memorial Hall and Recreation Ground, Highworth Road, Shrivenham. Entry is free. There will be falconry, reptiles and working dog displays, alongside the familiar family attractions, fairground rides and retail stalls.
- A Family Fun Day will be held at The Duke of Edinburgh, Cricklade Road, Gorse Hill from 1pm, in memory of Stephen Sutton and in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust. There will be a bouncy castle, BBQ, outdoor games, tombola, prize bingo and more. Call 07766 368276 for more information.
- Chalking of the White Horse at Uffington from 10am on Sunday. The event is free – get hands on and help keep the historic horse white for future generations. Call 01793 762209 for more information.
- Family Fun Day, 11am to 3pm on Bank Holiday Monday at Stanton House Hotel, The Avenue, Stanton Fitzwarren. Free admission. There will be lots of rides, dancing shows, face painting and a hog roast. Call 0870 084 1388.
- Uffington White Horse Show, a yearly traditional two-day country show, on Sunday and Monday, at Fawler Road. There will be a wide range of attractions for all ages including arena events, craft stalls, animals, historic vehicles and more. Admission is £12 for adults, £9 for OAPs and £4 for children aged five to 16. Children under five go free.
- Bank Holiday Funday, Sunday, at the Old Bank in Wood Street. Free BBQ from 4pm to late, plus the Old Bank playground including sumo wrestling and bungee run with a chance to win a range of goodies, plus music from DJ JK.
- The Summer Youth Project perform Bugsy Malone on Friday at 7.30pm, Saturday at 2.30pm and 7.30pm and Sunday at 1pm. Tickets are £12 or £15. Call 01793 524481.
Comments are closed on this article.