HIGHWORTH and Calne will have to do it all again in their FA Vase first qualifying round tie after the sides were locked at 1-1 following extra time.

Brad Clark set up Darren Smart for the opener midway through the first half at the Elms before Greg Tindle equalised on the hour mark.

Both goalkeepers made a string of impressive saves in the second period, and with penalties only taking place following replays, the teams will battle again at Bremhill View on Wednesday.

Highworth boss John Fisher was pleased to avoid defeat but less happy at the prospect of two games in three days, with the replay followed by a Friday night FA Cup clash with Wootton Bassett .

“Playing on the Wednesday then the Friday will take a lot out of the players, I would have been much happier if the game had been on Tuesday,” he said.

“The Vase is a great competition and we would love to do well in it, but the money available for the FA Cup means that is perhaps more important.

“But all in all we were pleased with the draw because it was an even game.

“We had a few chances and we could have won, but equally they probably had more of the possession, so I think a draw was right.”

The Worthians took the lead on the 20-minute mark, as Clark chipped in a measured cross and Smart headed home.

But Calne applied pressure after the break and Greg Tindle headed home the equaliser at the back post after a cross had been flicked on.

The hosts’ Aaron Maximen chipped against the bar in normal time but neither side could make the breakthrough.

Elsewhere in the competition, Shrivenham secured their path through to the next round with a 3-0 victory at Hartley Wintney.

All the goals came inside the opening 20 minutes, with Scott Scanlon’s mazy run and cross being knocked in by Brad Gill to get the visitors going.

Gill then curled his second round the goalkeeper before Michael Silvanus set up Josh Fowler for number three.

Shrivvy boss Michael McNally said: “We should have won quite comfortably, but we put the handbrake on. At the end of the day we got the result.”

Meanwhile, Wootton Bassett suffered their first loss of the season as they were hammered 6-0 at Hamble.

With nine minutes gone, Richard Gregory half-volleyed into the net from 20 yards, and after the break Rory Williams cracked a firm drive home. Moments later the same man’s cross was nodded home by Ashley Jarvis.

Liam Crook converted the fourth and, in the 80th minute, Jarvis finished off a flowing move. Jarvis completed his hat-trick seconds later, when his shot struck the post and crept over the line.

Devizes went down 4-1 at Fleet Spurs, while Corsham were sunk 2-1 by Longwell Green and Melksham beat East Cowes 3-0.