HIGH achieving members of the Wiltshire Youth Marching Band – formed in Trowbridge last year – 2011, have been praised at an awards evening.
The winners were:
- John Wiltshire, Leadership and Best Overall Attendance
- Amy Saunders, Best Girl at Camp
- Sebastien Watling, Best Boy at Camp
- Matthew Britten, Most Improved Drill
- Briony Richards, Most Improved Musician
- Joshua Eksteen, Most Improved Drummer
- Abigail Hunt, Best Turnout
- Tabitha Burgess, Best Overall Drummer
- Nicole Michelli, Best Overall Musician
- Aaron Chilcott, Good Egg Award
- Keziah Burgess, Best Overall Drill Members who showed good leadership skills were promoted. Keziah Burgess, Hayleigh Wiltshire and Patrick Williams became Band Corporals, Jack Alexander was made a Drum Corporal, and John Wiltshire a Drum Sergeant.
The evening started with a beat retreat by the band.
After the ceremony was a barbecue, provided by Jim Saunders, and a disco.
An amazing first birthday cake was made by Erin Hamilton of Forever Violets in Trowbridge.