Blaze at Royal Wootton Bassett workshop tackled by fire crews
Fire crews are tackling a blaze at a private workshop adjacent to a house in Wood Street, Royal Wootton Bassett.
The blaze started within the last hour and has caused half the homes in the road to lose power and telephone services after spreading to a pole supporting cables in the road.
Resident Christopher Howard, who lives opposite the workship, said: "It was quite spectacular because when the power cables started to burn there was sparks jumping from cable to cable and banging just like fireworks.
"But eventually the cables dropped in the road and, of course, that blocked people coming down."