SWINDON Spitfires made it two wins on the bounce with a deserved 4-2 win over third-placed Downend Flyers.

The win draws Spitfires level on points with the Gloucestershire side in the South West Women’s League Premier Division.

On a heavy pitch, Spitfires took the lead after nine minutes when Emma Skinner found Ria Salleh on the edge of the area and she fired past keeper Faye Slade.

Spitfires’ bagged their second in the 36th minute when Cara Costello’s throw-in found Skinner and her cross was deflected home by Downend’s Danielle Beazer.

The visitors reduced the deficit three minutes before the interval when an attempted head back to Tamsin Kellett by Costello fell short, and with no defensive cover Kate Michael was able to nip in and score.

After a series of Sammie Smith corners early in the second period Spitfires restored their two-goal advantage when yet another Smith corner was met by the head of Debbie Rose, who directed the ball down and through a crowd of players.

The hosts made it 4-1 in the 68th minute when a Rose through ball fell kindly for Carla Compton to have a clear run at goal before calmly lifting the ball over the advancing keeper and into the unguarded net.

But two minutes from time a shot from Downend’s Emilie Stephens hit a divot in front of the diving Kellett and bounced over her and into the net.

Meanwhile, in the Oxford Girls League, Spitfires’ under-15s claimed a 2-0 win at Highworth.

Despite chances for Meghan Larkin in the first half, the Spitfires had to until the second period to break the deadlock.

A Larkin corner was tucked away by Dani Granato, before an accurate through ball from Kat Reynolds which Larkin latched onto and drove through the home defence before scoring with aplomb.

Georgia Brown and Gipsy Viveash both fired hat-tricks for Spitfire under-13s as they stormed to a 9-0 Wiltshire League Cup quarter-final success over Derry Hill.

An Ashleigh Warwick brace and a Sophie Roberts strike sealed the passage into the semi-final.

However, Spitfires under-12s suffered their first defeat of the season as they were beaten 1-0 by Crowmarsh in the Oxford League Cup.