SWINDON Spitfires’ reserves strengthened their grip on third place in the Wiltshire League with a 3-1 win at Marlborough Town.

All the goals came in the first half with Katie Wadey (2) and Zofia Stepien netting for Spitfires.

Spitfires under 13s secured the league title after winning 9-1 at Frome Youth.

In the Oxford Girls League, Spitfires’ under 14s won their final league game 3-1 against Bloxham to secure the runners-up spot.

Having gone in at the break 1-0 down, Spitfires came out fighting and two well-worked goals from Nat Goodright and Helana Butcher saw them take the lead. A fantastic solo effort from Lucy Goodright rounded off the scoring.

Spitfires’ under 15s went into their penultimate game of the season knowing that they needed a win to maintain their chances of finishing the league as runners up.

Spitfires got off to a great start against Highworth Town Juniors as Dani Granato headed home a Charley Reynolds corner.

Highworth were not given a chance to settle down and found themselves 2-0 down when Serenn Sanghera intercepted a ball in midfield, and a quick passing move ended with Granato drilling home.

The third came when Meghan Larkin sent an accurate pass for Amy Connaghan to beat the defence and lob the out-coming Highworth keeper.

Connaghan then made it 4-0 when released by Emma Howe.

Highworth then made their first serious attempt on goal but Chloe Mason pulled off an excellent one-handed save.

Charley Reynolds made it 5-0 to Spitfires when she drilled home following a good move involving Granato and Larkin.

Spits started the second half with only 10 players as Granato received treatment.

However, they managed to create chances and forced a corner.

Charley Reynolds’ in-swinger was smashed into the roof of the net by Connaghan to complete her hat trick.

Swindon Spitfires made it 7-0 as a driving run from Kat Reynolds set up Charley Reynolds with a clever pass, who in turn composed herself and lobbed the keeper from outside the area to finish the scoring for the day.

The last 15 minutes saw the return of Granato from the physio table to take up the goalkeeper role with Mason playing up front alongside Charley Reynolds.