JOE Martin’s Knockout Cup holders Lacock will looking to avenge Saturday afternoon’s A&B Cup Final loss against Westbury United Reserves when the sides go head-to-head in the Chantry Digital Ltd-sponsored Knockout Cup final at The Conigre, home of Melksham Town, this evening

Goals late in the game for Jon Price and Jack Hayward earned Westbury a 2-0 victory that ended Lacock’s chances of the quadruple and also dealt their first loss of the season on Saturday.

Lacock’s management team of Joe Martin and Martin Bradfield were far from happy with that result, Martin in particular venting his frustration at the final whistle as he felt his team were hard done by following Stuart Tutty’s sending-off.

Defending champions Lacock had a far easier route to the Conigre that that of their opponents.

After receiving a bye in the first round, they then had a walkover in the second round following the withdrawal from the league of Fleece FC.

Their first match in the competition took them to then third division leaders Holt, who they beat 4-1.

Kevin Hodgkinson from the penalty spot, Craig Burge, an Owen Reece own goal and Darrin Moss with their fourth after Holt had reduced the arrears saw them safely through to the last four.

Lacock’s semi-final opponents were second division stablemates Worton & Cheverell, who they had beaten 4-1 to lift the trophy last term.

After a goalless first half, Lacock found their scoring boots with Simon Gray twice, Jake Marshall, Andy Wilkins and substitute Adam Shipman finding the target to seal a 5-0 victory to put them into the final.

Westbury United Reserves will hope to have a clean bill of health for the final and, with what is a new-look side to the one that beat Boomsbury 3-2 back in 2012, they hope that they can rely on their matchwinner that day, Marc Lanfear, to conjure up something special.

Lanfear was on target twice in their first-round victory over North Bradley, Nick Taylor scoring the other goal that earned them a 3-1 win.

Westbury visited second division high flyers Trowbridge Wanderers Reserves for their second round tie and it was Lanfear who again proved to be the star of the show as his double along a hat-trick from Phil Hampson saw them breeze past Matt Rusling’s side.

Standing in their way of a semi-final appearance were fierce rivals White Horse FC, who had been among the favourites for silverware.

But it was Westbury who rose to the occasion, winning 3-1. Jack Hayward saw his opener cancelled out by Dan Cox who squared things up from the penalty spot. Nick Taylor reclaimed the lead for Westbury early in the second half before substitute Derek Wheeler sealed victory.

A midweek semi-final clash with Castle Combe, saw them squander many chances to opening the scoring before Jamal Chevolleau netted against the run of play to put Combe in front.

Westbury fought back and were on level terms through a Lanfear header and another crisp finish from Lanfear booked them their place at the Conigre.

The final kicks off at 7.30pm.