SPEEDWAY LIVE: Coventry Bees 53 Swindon Robins 40

This live event has finished

Latest

  • Coventry Bees 53 Swindon Robins 40
  • BEES: Hans Andersen (TX-3-3-0) 6; Kyle Howarth (2'-2'-2'-3-1) 10+3; Michael Jepsen Jensen (3-1-1-0) 5; Kenneth Hansen (3-0-0) 3; Chris Harris (2'-1-3-3-3) 12+1; James Sarjeant (R-1-1-0-3) 5; Jason Garrity (3-3-3-3-0) 12.
  • ROBINS: R/R for Peter Kildemand (tx(NM)-2'(SG)-1'(TB)-2(DN)) 5+2; Dakota North (1-2-2'-2-2-2) 11+1; Simon Gustafsson (TX-2-2'-3-0-R) 7+1; Nick Morris (T-0-X-4^-1') 5+1; Troy Batchelor (FX-6^-1-1'-1') 9+2; Steve Worrall (0-2-TX-X-2-1'-2) 7+1; Nathan Greaves (1'-FX-TX) 1+1.
  • Peter Kildemand missing due to concussion, r/r in operation

10:30pm

That's enough for tonight on an evening we'd all like to forget.

See you Thursday for King's Lynn

10:28pm

Here's what Alun Rossiter had to say after that, with referee Dave Robinson obviously at the centre of his feelings.

This Is Wiltshire:

ALUN ROSSITER WITH DAVE ROBINSON EARLIER IN THE SEASON

“I’m embarrassed, for the sport, everything,” he said.

“The man is a complete joke, he has serious issues with me and tonight there was no excuse for what he did, it was embarrassing especially as it was on TV.

“It’s personal and he’s unprofessional, he has serious issues with me and we’ve had words before. I don’t have a problem with stuff like that, I’ve had words with loads of referees and we always shake hands afterwards and get on with it. With him it’s personal.

“I will be writing a report to the BSPA tomorrow and it will say I will not be involved in any meeting where he’s in charge. I had to stop the riders from pulling out, they were close to it and refusing to ride.

“I agreed with them but then I got my head back and got my thoughts back and thought about us being on TV and for the supporters.

“Our sport was on national TV and to have an imbecile like him behaving like that is just wrong.

“Because of him we lost our chance of even getting a point.

“Simon and Steve were at the tapes, waiting, but he said the clock had gone off. They weren’t delaying and they weren’t digging but he’s done that.

“I’m livid, not since 2007 have I felt like this. I started to lose it which wasn’t good on my behalf but I was furious.”

9:39pm

Time for some reaction, stay tuned

9:39pm

Heat 15: Harris, North, Howarth, Gustafsson R; 63.7 – 4-2 (53-40)

North leads out of turn two but Harris eventually gets him.

9:35pm

Harris, Howarth, North, Gustafsson for heat 15

9:30pm

Heat 14: Sarjeant, Worrall, Morris, Garrity; 63.9 – 3-3 (49-38)

Sarjeant is the surprise winner after a masterful turn one.

9:27pm

Sarjeant in for Hansen

9:26pm

Heat 13: Harris, North, Batchelor, Andersen; 61.4 – 3-3 (46-35)

Harris takes another superb win from the tapes.

9:22pm

North takes the last r/r ride

9:21pm

Led to believe Sky will have to pay an extra £18,000 in sat fees if this meeting goes past 9.30pm, which it will.

9:19pm

Heat 12: Howarth, North, Worrall, Sarjeant; 62.3 – 3-3 (43-32)

Howarth wins from the tapes despite a great effort from North.

9:14pm

Heat 11: Harris, Morris (tac), Batchelor, Jepsen Jensen; 61.8 – 3-5 (40-29)

The Robins briefly hold an 8-1 before Bomber roles back the years with two magnificent passes.

9:11pm

Batch takes the r/r and Morris on a tactical

9:07pm

Heat 10: Andersen, Howarth, Batchelor, Gustafsson R; 62.1 – 5-1 (37-24)

Great move from Howarth to pass the Robins skipper.

9:03pm

9:00pm Mon 18 Aug 14

morris 1 says

Why did no one bring out a spare for bike for Nathan ?

Not sure, really not sure.

9:02pm

Heat nine: Garrity, Worrall, Sarjeant, Greaves TX; 63.0 – 4-2 (32-23)

Greaves is excluded for missing the two minutes before Garrity, in agony, wins the re-run.

8:58pm

Greaves is the next to miss the two minutes. At least this one is justified.

8:55pm

Heat eight: Gustafsson, North, Jepsen Jensen, Hansen; 61.7 – 1-5 (28-21)

The Robins pair win from the gate.

8:50pm

Heat seven: Garrity, Howarth, Morris X, Worrall X; 63.3 – 5-0 (27-16)

First staging is stopped after both Worrall and Garrity hit the fence, with Morris excluded for causing the incident and then Worrall kicked out for not being under power.

8:48pm

Robinson now puts the red lights on so we can have the interval...before then sending them out again to ride. Pointless

8:43pm

It gets better...Morris has been excluded for causing the incident with Garrity and, as he was under the fence and not under power, Worrall is gone too!
 

8:42pm

The track isn't helping tonight's meeting it must be said. Both riders up, thankfully.

8:36pm

More red lights. First Worrall hits the fence and then Garrity a few metres later. Two separate incidents.

8:35pm

Robins are somehow right back in this one.

8:33pm

Heat six: Batchelor (tac), Gustafsson, Jepsen Jensen, Hansen; 61.1 – 1-8 (22-16)

Batchelor passes Gustafsson on the line to drag the visitors back into this.

8:25pm

Heat five: Andersen, Gustafsson, Harris, Morris; 62.2 – 4-2 (21-8)

Gustafsson well on his way to a win but drifts wide and is passed.

8:22pm

8:21pm

Heat four: Hansen, North, Sarjeant, Greaves FX; - 4-2 (17-6)

After Greaves falls, Hansen wins the re-run from the gate.

8:14pm

What a terrible advert for speedway this is.

8:11pm

Red lights on again and Greaves is excluded after falling alone. Kenneth Hansen does well to miss him.

8:09pm

8:01pm Mon 18 Aug 14

morris 1 says

What a farce, referee trigger happy. Anymore issues Rosco pull the boys out of the meeting. We know the referee is on Coventry' s side

8:08pm

Heat three: Jepsen Jensen, Harris, Batchelor FX, Worrall TX; 61.5 – 5-1 (13-4)

A total farce. Firstly Gustafsson is excluded by Dave Robinson for missing the two minutes, while at the tapes, before the same thing happens to Worrall with him ready to race. Batchelor then falls in the eventual running, leaving a re-run with just the two Bees.

8:04pm

When the race is eventually run, Batch tries to pull a big move and appears to lose his steal show before going down. The race will be re-run with no Robins.

8:03pm

Now he's excluded Worrall despite him being at the tapes, mental.

7:59pm

Worrall coming out for his third ride on the trot

7:58pm

Mental from Dave Robinson

7:58pm

Gustafsson excluded for exceeding the two minutes...while at the tapes. Mental.

7:54pm

Heat two: Garrity, Worrall, Greaves, Sarjeant R; 62.2 – 3-3 (8-4)
Sarjeant slides off in turn one under pressure from Worrall but clears the track for Garrity to win. Greaves pushes too hard while third and falls in the final corner but jumps back on again to cross the line for a point.

7:48pm

Heat one: Garrity, Howarth, North, Worrall; 60.1 – 5-1 (5-1)

After Morris hits the tapes and then Andersen is excluded for missing the two minutes, replacement Garrity took the win ahead of his teammate as the Bees open with a maximum.

7:43pm

Garrity is going in place of Hans

7:43pm

Hans Andersen now excluded for missing the two minutes

7:42pm

That does count as Nick's r/r ride though and he can't come out again.

7:40pm

Nick Morris ploughs into the tapes as they were going up. He's excluded and Worrall comes out in his place.

7:37pm

Robins going off one and three in the opener.

7:36pm

Riders being pushed off for heat one.

7:28pm

No parade tonight, as we are on TV, so it's straight into heat one.

7:27pm

The Bees are also at full strength, although Hans Andersen and Chris Harris are both nursing knocks from the weekend.

Andersen crashed with Simon Gustafsson at Eastbourne on Saturday while Harris hit the fence hard in the Latvian GP.

This Is Wiltshire: Hans Andersen will ride against Peterborough

HANS ANDERSEN

7:21pm

7:20pm

7:19pm

Other than Kildemand, the Robins are at full strength.

7:18pm

Sensible move that, having Morris out in heat one, as he's not due on track until heat five otherwise.

This Is Wiltshire: Robins' rider Nick Morris

NICK MORRIS

7:16pm

7:15pm

Peter Kildemand is of course still absent for the Robins due to the continued effects of concussion suffered last Sunday.

It's rider replacement for him with Nick Morris out in heat one.

This Is Wiltshire: Robins' number one Peter Kildemand

PETER KILDEMAND

7:13pm

It's a dry neat here with blue skies so we should be set for a good evening of racing in front of the Sky cameras.

7:10pm

Good evening everyone and welcome to Brandon for the Adver's live coverage of tonight's meeting between Coventry and Swindon.

Comments (15)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:50pm Mon 18 Aug 14

morris 1 says...

Okay a bad start, let's let them have their first ride, so they can set the bikes up (crappy track) before we start knocking them. Come on Rosco give them a team talk we have to come away with some points.
Okay a bad start, let's let them have their first ride, so they can set the bikes up (crappy track) before we start knocking them. Come on Rosco give them a team talk we have to come away with some points. morris 1
  • Score: 0

8:01pm Mon 18 Aug 14

morris 1 says...

What a farce, referee trigger happy. Anymore issues Rosco pull the boys out of the meeting. We know the referee is on Coventry' s side
What a farce, referee trigger happy. Anymore issues Rosco pull the boys out of the meeting. We know the referee is on Coventry' s side morris 1
  • Score: 0

8:34pm Mon 18 Aug 14

graermin says...

Referee is really trying to spoil the meeting.
Strange that it was the same ref at Swindon vs Coventry meeting earlier in season that was also fiasco caused by ref
Referee is really trying to spoil the meeting. Strange that it was the same ref at Swindon vs Coventry meeting earlier in season that was also fiasco caused by ref graermin
  • Score: 3

8:48pm Mon 18 Aug 14

morris 1 says...

Ref certainly has it in for Rosco tonight, let's be honest we are not going to win the meeting so let's play him at his own game - keep going through the tapes and then fall off and stay down so he has to stop the race, let's see how he likes it. Keep complaint about the track and ask for it to be worked on - let's make this a long long meeting
Ref certainly has it in for Rosco tonight, let's be honest we are not going to win the meeting so let's play him at his own game - keep going through the tapes and then fall off and stay down so he has to stop the race, let's see how he likes it. Keep complaint about the track and ask for it to be worked on - let's make this a long long meeting morris 1
  • Score: 0

9:00pm Mon 18 Aug 14

morris 1 says...

Why did no one bring out a spare for bike for Nathan ?
Why did no one bring out a spare for bike for Nathan ? morris 1
  • Score: 1

9:23pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Di kanny oh says...

History between Robinson the ref and Roscoe and boy the ref is certainly showing what a complete clown he is after turning the meeting into a circus. I would have packed up and come home after heat 3 if I was Alun. Talk about speedway loosing fans this really damages our great sport when Idiots are officiating meetings.
History between Robinson the ref and Roscoe and boy the ref is certainly showing what a complete clown he is after turning the meeting into a circus. I would have packed up and come home after heat 3 if I was Alun. Talk about speedway loosing fans this really damages our great sport when Idiots are officiating meetings. Di kanny oh
  • Score: 6

9:39pm Mon 18 Aug 14

mikeinwanborough says...

I can only base my comments on what I'm reading here, as I've not been watching it on Sky, but this has got to be the worst advertisement for speedway ever. Yes, there are rules, but excluding riders at the tapes is a joke. Watch a football referee give one of the naughty boys a stern word in their ear to warn them that this is their last chance before getting a card ad it works, so tell the starting marshal to get the riders to the tapes sooner. I did watch heat 14, and the Coventry rider got a massive rolling start, but seemingly that was ok, as he was there in good time!
I can only base my comments on what I'm reading here, as I've not been watching it on Sky, but this has got to be the worst advertisement for speedway ever. Yes, there are rules, but excluding riders at the tapes is a joke. Watch a football referee give one of the naughty boys a stern word in their ear to warn them that this is their last chance before getting a card ad it works, so tell the starting marshal to get the riders to the tapes sooner. I did watch heat 14, and the Coventry rider got a massive rolling start, but seemingly that was ok, as he was there in good time! mikeinwanborough
  • Score: 4

9:47pm Mon 18 Aug 14

AndyT5393 says...

Oh well, back to relying on winning the next home match - not to worry, it's only Kings Lynn !
Oh well, back to relying on winning the next home match - not to worry, it's only Kings Lynn ! AndyT5393
  • Score: 0

11:24pm Mon 18 Aug 14

MIKEWILLMORE says...

Rossiter's comments are an embarrassment for a national team manager. Didn't see much wrong with the track when Harris and co were charging past Swindon riders.
Rossiter's comments are an embarrassment for a national team manager. Didn't see much wrong with the track when Harris and co were charging past Swindon riders. MIKEWILLMORE
  • Score: -1

12:27am Tue 19 Aug 14

Di kanny oh says...

MIKEWILLMORE wrote:
Rossiter's comments are an embarrassment for a national team manager. Didn't see much wrong with the track when Harris and co were charging past Swindon riders.
Get real, the track was a complete joke and dust bowl from the start and only got slightly better in the latter heats when it was slick and the dirt disappeared. Even Tatum said it looked difficult to ride as it went from slick with marbles to sudden grip where the dirt was outside and so it was like riding two different tracks in the same race. If you had to ride a motor bike at 70mph with no brakes on that surface I am sure you would be not so **** sure. Harris stated on live TV that he had to treat the track like a grass track and he only got points later in the meeting by riding like the old Chris Harris flat out and eyes shut. Just look at Hans who looked like a novice in two heats. Roscoe summed it up well as did Tatum who was baffled by the referees actions early in the meeting and this was the same official that refereed the Coventry farce at Blunsdon that got abandoned earlier in the season. You have as much clue as this ref it seems about the sport.
[quote][p][bold]MIKEWILLMORE[/bold] wrote: Rossiter's comments are an embarrassment for a national team manager. Didn't see much wrong with the track when Harris and co were charging past Swindon riders.[/p][/quote]Get real, the track was a complete joke and dust bowl from the start and only got slightly better in the latter heats when it was slick and the dirt disappeared. Even Tatum said it looked difficult to ride as it went from slick with marbles to sudden grip where the dirt was outside and so it was like riding two different tracks in the same race. If you had to ride a motor bike at 70mph with no brakes on that surface I am sure you would be not so **** sure. Harris stated on live TV that he had to treat the track like a grass track and he only got points later in the meeting by riding like the old Chris Harris flat out and eyes shut. Just look at Hans who looked like a novice in two heats. Roscoe summed it up well as did Tatum who was baffled by the referees actions early in the meeting and this was the same official that refereed the Coventry farce at Blunsdon that got abandoned earlier in the season. You have as much clue as this ref it seems about the sport. Di kanny oh
  • Score: 3

8:18am Tue 19 Aug 14

morris 1 says...

Re Rosco's comments - not an embarrassment at all, he is truly passionate about the sport. Now let's move on, all done and dusted. Time to focus on the meetings we have left to see if we can reach the play offs.
Re Rosco's comments - not an embarrassment at all, he is truly passionate about the sport. Now let's move on, all done and dusted. Time to focus on the meetings we have left to see if we can reach the play offs. morris 1
  • Score: 2

11:47am Tue 19 Aug 14

MIKEWILLMORE says...

Di kanny oh wrote:
MIKEWILLMORE wrote:
Rossiter's comments are an embarrassment for a national team manager. Didn't see much wrong with the track when Harris and co were charging past Swindon riders.
Get real, the track was a complete joke and dust bowl from the start and only got slightly better in the latter heats when it was slick and the dirt disappeared. Even Tatum said it looked difficult to ride as it went from slick with marbles to sudden grip where the dirt was outside and so it was like riding two different tracks in the same race. If you had to ride a motor bike at 70mph with no brakes on that surface I am sure you would be not so **** sure. Harris stated on live TV that he had to treat the track like a grass track and he only got points later in the meeting by riding like the old Chris Harris flat out and eyes shut. Just look at Hans who looked like a novice in two heats. Roscoe summed it up well as did Tatum who was baffled by the referees actions early in the meeting and this was the same official that refereed the Coventry farce at Blunsdon that got abandoned earlier in the season. You have as much clue as this ref it seems about the sport.
Not saying the track wasn't difficult - just that it was the same for both teams. You would have had a point if Harris hadn't taken your 8-1 away. Rossiter needs to learn to air his views in the correct manner - not on live TV. Your boys had a team meeting about carrying on and then came out on a 5-1 in the next heat. The ref was controversial but make the point in the right way through the right channels. And don't presume to tell me I know very little about the sport - I was probably watching it while you were a twinkle in your mother's eye
[quote][p][bold]Di kanny oh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MIKEWILLMORE[/bold] wrote: Rossiter's comments are an embarrassment for a national team manager. Didn't see much wrong with the track when Harris and co were charging past Swindon riders.[/p][/quote]Get real, the track was a complete joke and dust bowl from the start and only got slightly better in the latter heats when it was slick and the dirt disappeared. Even Tatum said it looked difficult to ride as it went from slick with marbles to sudden grip where the dirt was outside and so it was like riding two different tracks in the same race. If you had to ride a motor bike at 70mph with no brakes on that surface I am sure you would be not so **** sure. Harris stated on live TV that he had to treat the track like a grass track and he only got points later in the meeting by riding like the old Chris Harris flat out and eyes shut. Just look at Hans who looked like a novice in two heats. Roscoe summed it up well as did Tatum who was baffled by the referees actions early in the meeting and this was the same official that refereed the Coventry farce at Blunsdon that got abandoned earlier in the season. You have as much clue as this ref it seems about the sport.[/p][/quote]Not saying the track wasn't difficult - just that it was the same for both teams. You would have had a point if Harris hadn't taken your 8-1 away. Rossiter needs to learn to air his views in the correct manner - not on live TV. Your boys had a team meeting about carrying on and then came out on a 5-1 in the next heat. The ref was controversial but make the point in the right way through the right channels. And don't presume to tell me I know very little about the sport - I was probably watching it while you were a twinkle in your mother's eye MIKEWILLMORE
  • Score: -4

6:55pm Tue 19 Aug 14

Di kanny oh says...

MIKEWILLMORE wrote:
Di kanny oh wrote:
MIKEWILLMORE wrote:
Rossiter's comments are an embarrassment for a national team manager. Didn't see much wrong with the track when Harris and co were charging past Swindon riders.
Get real, the track was a complete joke and dust bowl from the start and only got slightly better in the latter heats when it was slick and the dirt disappeared. Even Tatum said it looked difficult to ride as it went from slick with marbles to sudden grip where the dirt was outside and so it was like riding two different tracks in the same race. If you had to ride a motor bike at 70mph with no brakes on that surface I am sure you would be not so **** sure. Harris stated on live TV that he had to treat the track like a grass track and he only got points later in the meeting by riding like the old Chris Harris flat out and eyes shut. Just look at Hans who looked like a novice in two heats. Roscoe summed it up well as did Tatum who was baffled by the referees actions early in the meeting and this was the same official that refereed the Coventry farce at Blunsdon that got abandoned earlier in the season. You have as much clue as this ref it seems about the sport.
Not saying the track wasn't difficult - just that it was the same for both teams. You would have had a point if Harris hadn't taken your 8-1 away. Rossiter needs to learn to air his views in the correct manner - not on live TV. Your boys had a team meeting about carrying on and then came out on a 5-1 in the next heat. The ref was controversial but make the point in the right way through the right channels. And don't presume to tell me I know very little about the sport - I was probably watching it while you were a twinkle in your mother's eye
Ok so you have been going to speedway for about 80 years, so what does that actually mean then may be your views are better than any one else's or you know more than others ha ha don't make me laugh it all means jack sh*t in my view. Fact is the ref was a shambles as was the track with two different surfaces and Tatum is a fair judge and that's how he called it so good enough in my view from an ex rider. When did you last ride then ?
[quote][p][bold]MIKEWILLMORE[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Di kanny oh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MIKEWILLMORE[/bold] wrote: Rossiter's comments are an embarrassment for a national team manager. Didn't see much wrong with the track when Harris and co were charging past Swindon riders.[/p][/quote]Get real, the track was a complete joke and dust bowl from the start and only got slightly better in the latter heats when it was slick and the dirt disappeared. Even Tatum said it looked difficult to ride as it went from slick with marbles to sudden grip where the dirt was outside and so it was like riding two different tracks in the same race. If you had to ride a motor bike at 70mph with no brakes on that surface I am sure you would be not so **** sure. Harris stated on live TV that he had to treat the track like a grass track and he only got points later in the meeting by riding like the old Chris Harris flat out and eyes shut. Just look at Hans who looked like a novice in two heats. Roscoe summed it up well as did Tatum who was baffled by the referees actions early in the meeting and this was the same official that refereed the Coventry farce at Blunsdon that got abandoned earlier in the season. You have as much clue as this ref it seems about the sport.[/p][/quote]Not saying the track wasn't difficult - just that it was the same for both teams. You would have had a point if Harris hadn't taken your 8-1 away. Rossiter needs to learn to air his views in the correct manner - not on live TV. Your boys had a team meeting about carrying on and then came out on a 5-1 in the next heat. The ref was controversial but make the point in the right way through the right channels. And don't presume to tell me I know very little about the sport - I was probably watching it while you were a twinkle in your mother's eye[/p][/quote]Ok so you have been going to speedway for about 80 years, so what does that actually mean then may be your views are better than any one else's or you know more than others ha ha don't make me laugh it all means jack sh*t in my view. Fact is the ref was a shambles as was the track with two different surfaces and Tatum is a fair judge and that's how he called it so good enough in my view from an ex rider. When did you last ride then ? Di kanny oh
  • Score: 2

8:21pm Tue 19 Aug 14

Bristols says...

MIKEWILLMORE is obviously a Cov. fan I was at Coventry last night and believe me I wish I could have a full refund, Was a total shambles and even the Cov. fans around me were mad about the ref. One said he would like to put his boot through that "Clock" at the start gate.Our boys were bullied by the ref from start to finish, Wish they had walked out!!!! They were amazing to keep their cool under such provocation !!!!!
MIKEWILLMORE is obviously a Cov. fan I was at Coventry last night and believe me I wish I could have a full refund, Was a total shambles and even the Cov. fans around me were mad about the ref. One said he would like to put his boot through that "Clock" at the start gate.Our boys were bullied by the ref from start to finish, Wish they had walked out!!!! They were amazing to keep their cool under such provocation !!!!! Bristols
  • Score: -1

1:16pm Wed 20 Aug 14

MIKEWILLMORE says...

Never said the track was good - Tatum knows what he's talking about - not bothered about the result as I'm not a Coventry fan. Rossiter annoys me as he manipulates the rules to suit his team - take Belle Vue last season - but when the boot is on the other foot he can't take it. In any other professional sport he would be in big trouble but we all know speedway and the BSPA are a joke
Never said the track was good - Tatum knows what he's talking about - not bothered about the result as I'm not a Coventry fan. Rossiter annoys me as he manipulates the rules to suit his team - take Belle Vue last season - but when the boot is on the other foot he can't take it. In any other professional sport he would be in big trouble but we all know speedway and the BSPA are a joke MIKEWILLMORE
  • Score: -2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree