HIGHWORTH boss John Fisher was satisfied with his side’s 1-0 win over local rivals Wootton Bassett.

The Worthians controlled the first half on Bank Holiday Monday and created multiple chances ,but could not find a way past Ben Mitchell in the Bassett goal.

Callum Parsons was the man who eventually did 10 minutes into the second half, but that was it for the scoring.

Paul Braithwaite’s side could have come away with something from the clash at the Corinium Stadium but failed to take any of the opportunities that came their way in the latter stages of the game.

Fisher would have been disappointed had his team not got three points, having held such a strong upper-hand in the first half.

“Let’s be fair, the first we half we totally dominated. We could have been four or five nil up but we got nothing. If it was a boxing match, it would have been stopped on points,” said the Elms boss.

“In the second half, we scored but to be fair to them, they could have got something out of it. We weren’t anywhere near as good. Over the course of the 90 minutes, it was a fair result.

“It’s three points. If I’d come away with one it would have been very disappointing. Some of the sides around us dropped points, so all in all it’s a good day for us. I have a much happier changing room than I did on Saturday, I’ll tell you that much.

“They missed a couple of chances in the last 10 minutes and almost got something from the game. Over the course of the game we deserved it, in the first half our ‘keeper only had one or two kicks and it could have been four or five to us.

“I’m a bit disappointed we didn’t get the goals. They were good chances, and their ‘keeper made some greats saves, that’s wjat he’s there to do but we should have put one or two of them away.”

Elsewhere, in the Hellenic League Sam Collier’s Shrivenham side went down 3-1 at Barrington Park to Thatcham. It was a game that re-united Collier with his former teammate Gareth Thomas and several players from his time at Waterside Park.

However goals from Luke Farrugia, Yashwa Romeo and Stuart Parker made sure it was not the day Collier was hoping for.

In the Southern Premier League, Chippenham had Tyron Leigh sent off and fellow defender Matt Coupe was forced off with injury, whilst Bryan Smith required medical attention after being elbowed in the face as they drew 1-1 with Paulton Rovers. Jon Beeden getting the Bluebirds’ goal.

Bryan Hughes’ Cirencester side got their second win of the season as they thumped Banbury United 5-0.