SWINDON Supermarine made it six wins out of six last night but manager Dave Webb insists the question mark hanging over the club’s promotion credentials will be answered in the lead up to Christmas.

Marine came from behind to win 2-1 at Didcot in the Southern League clash, with the prolific Josh Parsons sealing victory with a second-half penalty.

The win lifts the South Marston outfit to third in Division One South & West, six points behind leaders Hungerford, but with two games in hand.

Webb said: “After six straight wins confidence is high and the lads showed great character to come from behind.

“It wasn’t necessarily pretty but it’s three great points because this is a difficult place to come and it was a highly competitive game.

“We’re not getting too carried away though. My job as manager is to keep the players focused.

“At the start of the season we were letting in too many goals and undoing all the good work we were doing at the other end of the field.

“But we’ve worked hard to tighten things up and now it’s paying off and allowing the forwards to do what they do.

“At the start of the season we set a target of where we wanted to be at Christmas.

“We are on course for that but we have some very difficult games before then. “We have to go away to places like Poole and Sholing for midweek matches and that will be the big test of how far we have come.”

Didcot took a 15th-minute lead when James Clark clinically finished an incisive attack by the hosts.

Ashley Edenborough equalised before half-time, converting a cross from Sam Morris.

Edenborough was then upended in the box just before the hour mark and Parsons stepped up to extend the visitors’ winning run.

In the Premier Division, Chippenham Town picked up a decent point in a 0-0 draw at Barwell.

In tonight’s action, Cirencester visit Clevedon in the Southern League as they continue their play-off push.

Highworth were scheduled to travel to Cheltenham in the third round of the Floodlit Cup but the match has been postponed.

The Saracens’ showers are not working and they have gained permission from the Hellenic League to call off the match.