THEIR opinions may have differed when it came to the outcome of the match, but rival bosses Nathan Rudge and Darren Perrin were united in their praise of the goal that saw the New Year's Day spoils shared between Chippenham Town and Frome Town at Hardenhuish Park.

Frome skipper Dean Evans' wonder strike from 35 yards completed his side's comeback from 2-0 down at half time to earn a welcome Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division point for the visiting Robins and brought plaudits from all sides.

Former Chippenham boss Perrin, whose team could have been buried before half time, said: "We didn't create loads of chances but we were certainly in the ascendancy and the equaliser was worthy of getting a point in any game.''

Rudge, the current custodian of the Bluebirds' hotseat, added: "Two up I thought would be enough to win the game, but the lad (Evans) has hit a great strike in the last minute.

"They either end up in the back of the net or the back of the cricket field. Disappointingly for us, it was the back of the net.

Evans' brilliant strike brought parity after former Chippenham man Mike Perrott had halved Frome's deficit 15 minutes from time, headers from Ryan Bennett - through his own net - and Alan Griffin having put the home side in the ascendancy in the opening 45 minutes.

For Perrin, the outcome was a just reward for his side's refusal to buckle after a first half in which they were, by some margin, second best.

He said: "We always thought we were still in the game at half time and I don't think anyone can begrudge us on our second-half performance. When it went to 2-1, I honestly felt we could go on and win the game.

"We were indebted to our goalkeeper who made a couple of great saves, but we kept going.''

Rudge, reflecting on a second successive home 2-2 draw where his side had surrendered the advantage, added: "I think we had enough chances to have won the game in the first half.

"We scored two, but it could have been four or five if I'm honest. The first half was not the best we could play, but there was only one side in it.''

The Bluebirds boss, who handed a start to veteran Jim Rollo, signed on New Year's Eve from Bath City, added: "If you are two up, it always gives you a bit of a cushion, but when it goes to 2-1, they've got a glimmer. We got a point, but I thought we were the better side by a distance.

"You've got a finish sides off and we didn't and paid the price.''