CHIPPENHAM Town are the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division's draw specialists after they played out their fifth successive stalemate this afternoon.

The Bluebirds created more clear cut chances but they couldn't find a way past in-form Gosport Borough, who extended their unbeaten run to 12 matches at Hardenhuish Park.

Chippenham threatened first seven minutes in when Toby Osman's fantastic long-range effort was tipped over the bar by Borough keeper Nathan Ashmore.

Midway through the half, James Guthrie saw a cross headed away by the home defence and Osman tried his luck again from the edge of the area but his shot was wide.

With 31 minutes on the clock, the Bluebirds were up in arms when Justin Bennett's shot was deflected through on goal, with John racing off his line to collect and striker Jamie Brown bearing down on him.

The Gosport striker had to go for the ball but was nowhere near, scything down Chippenham goalie John and getting booked for his troubles.

At the other end, Dean Griffiths headed wide when he connected with Jim Rollo's clever cross with the outside of his right boot and on 36 minutes, a golden chance to take the lead reared its head for the hosts.

Guthrie whipped a pinpoint ball into the area and Alan Griffin rose unopposed but his header dropped agonisingly wide of the target, leaving the Bluebirds striker with his head in his hands.

Late in the first half, Lee Phillips hooked the ball towards goal following a Griffiths corner and Griffin just failed to get the decisive touch.

Ten minutes after half-time, John showed some smart reflexes to prevent Borough from taking the lead when Bennett produced a smart turn and shot but the Chippenham keeper clawed away the striker's effort.

Around ten minutes later, John could only watch as Daniel Smith's effort from outside the box took a wicked deflection but the ball flew harmlessly wide.

With 69 minutes on the clock, substitute Tom Knighton almost made an instant impact for the Bluebirds when he collected the ball in a great position after Osman had won it back but rather than fire a cross into the area, the striker went for goal and his shot was high and wide.

Then moments later, Griffin burst into the penalty box and went for the top corner but saw his shot acrobatically palmed over by Ashmore.

With just over ten minutes remaining, John had to be at his best once again to deny Bennett, who hit a curling shot after latching on to Daniel Woodward's drive.

Then in added time, Luke Ballinger carved out a fantastic chance to snatch the winner when he drove into the box and jinked past two or three challenges.

The Chippenham substitute blasted a shot towards goal but it flew the wrong side of the post as the game finished goalless.

CHIPPENHAM TOWN: Ben John, Toby Osman (Scott Lye 85), Jim Rollo, Ashley Williams, Steve Casey (c), Nathan Rudge, Dean Griffiths (Luke Ballinger 73), Iain Harvey, Alan Griffin, James Guthrie, Lee Phillips (Tom Knighton 67).

Subs not used: Brandon Barnes, Mani Randhawa.

Attendance: 371