FARINGDON Town moved up to third place in North Berks League Division One after a 3-2 win at bottom side East Hendred.

Sam Hoskins, Robert Owen and Gary Sutton scored Faringdon’s goals, with Mike Farrelly scoring a double in vain for Hendred who are now five points adrift.

Joe Ledbury scored the only goal of the game in Childrey United’s surprise 1-0 win at Saxton Rovers, while Sutton Courtenay and Crowmarsh Gifford drew 3-3.

Didcot Casuals were held to a 2-2 draw at home to Long Wittenham Athletic, a result that moved them one point clear at the top of the table.

The only match played in Division Two saw Coleshill United close the gap on the top two with a comprehensive 6-1 home win over Saxton Rovers Reserves, with Richard Evans scoring four times alongside a Shane Blake brace. Dave Carter hit the consolation for Saxton.

Childrey United Reserves cemented their position at the top of Division Three with a 5-2 home win over Hagbourne United. Closest rivals Harwell International Reserves were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Kintbury Rangers Reserves. Kris Gray scored for Harwell and Luke Ramos for Kintbury.

Jamie Gregory, Gary Clements, Tyrone Mayall and Richard Williams all scored for Stanford-in-the-Vale as they easily won 4-0 at home to East Hendred Reserves.

Long Wittenham Athletic Reserves cruised to a 7-1 home win over Coleshill United Reserves to join the leading pack at the top of Division Four. Tom Jackson scored for Coleshill.

Drayton Reserves also put themselves in the mix for promotion with a 2-1 home win over bottom side Stanford-in-the-Vale Reserves.

Andie Samson, Mennan Calvo and Jon Welch will all be fighting over the match ball after scoring a hat-trick apiece as Berinsfield Reserves won 9-3 at Grove Rangers Reserves to stay at the top of Division Five.

Faringdon Town A stay within touch of the leaders following a 5-1 home win over Didcot Casuals A. Nick Wojcik, Andy Munns, Lee Ruddle, Martin Key and Rob Lovegrove were all on the scoresheet with Nick Guiry netting for the visitors.

In the Second Round of the Charity Shield, Benson AFC ran out 2-1 winners at Dorchester. An Ashley Searle double, alongside goals for Carmel Tonna and Richard Knight, gave AFC Wallingford a 4-2 win at Blewbury. Wootton & Dry Sandford enjoyed a straightforward 4-0 win at home to Drayton. A brace by Charlie Allsop and goals from Alex Smith and Christian Quick gave Kintbury Rangers an 4-0 home win over Hanney United. Ardington & Lockinge swept aside Warborough United 5-1.

Westminster won their clash 3-2 at home to Grove Rangers, while Turnpike Sports from Division Four produced an upset in the Second Round of the War Memorial Cup winning 3-2 at home to Second Division Steventon.

Crowmarsh Gifford Reserves pushed Lambourn Sports Reserves all the way in their Second Round AG Kingham Cup clash only to finally go down 4-3 in the final few minutes. Martyn Newbold, Louis Chainey and Jack Teboe scored their goals but a brace apiece for Mark Mooney and Damian Harris settled it for the higher-league side.