DAVE Webb wasn't going to allow his Supermarine players the day off despite snow causing havoc with local football on Saturday.

Supermarine's game at home to Didcot was among the stacks of non-league games called off, so boss Webb took his squad to the @futsal facility in Kembrey Park.

“It's a bit of a different game, but it was good. We had 15 there so we just played some five-a-side games,” said Webb.

“It kept them ticking over and that's all we can do. They were all desperate to do something.

“Everywhere else was booked up so I'm just pleased we managed to get something and blow out the cobwebs.”

Meanwhile, Webb has held talks with midfielder Chris Taylor as the midfielder considers his options.

Taylor was the subject of two seven-day approaches and was able to talk to both parties this weekend.

“I spoke to Chris at great length (on Friday) and told him we want him to stay,” said Webb.

Cirencester and Chippenham’s games against Wimborne and Bashley respectively were postponed.

Meanwhile, Highworth boss John Fisher reckons consecutive Saturday games could be wiped out by the cold weather.

But the Elms chief is not too concerned about that, with his side having played 23 Hellenic Premier matches, leaving them well up on their fixtures.

Highworth's trip to Abingdon was postponed due to the cold snap and Fisher said: “Looking at the weather, I think it's going to be a struggle for next week (against Binfield)..

“Luckily for us, we've been playing nearly every Saturday all season so we've kept ticking over.”

Shrivenham's fixture with visiting Ardley also failed to get the go-ahead on Saturday while there was also a complete whiteout in Division One West.

New College had their game at Lambourn called off with a day to spare and boss Rob Hopkins has fewer concerns about training facilities than other local managers.

“We had to cancel training on Friday because the college was closed,” he revealed.

“But I think the college will be open again on Monday so we'll at least have the lads training in preparation for next week.”

Cricklade were scheduled to be in action in the quarter-final of the Wilts Senior Cup at Shrewton, but snow intervened.