SECOND Division Bratton produced the upset of the day in the AM Print & Copy-sponsored A&B Cup by ending the hopes of first division Semington Magpies.

Dave Jenkins' villagers scored a goal in each half to claim a 2-0 win away at Ricky King’s Magpies, who were favorites to progress to the semi-finals, but found themselves undone by the underdogs on a very boggy pitch at Littlemarsh.

Dan Cox put Bratton into a 1-0 lead in the first half and the only sealed their victory in the final minute of the game through a fine strike from Neil Gordon which was his first of the season.

The Lamb 0 Boomsbury 7

AFTER disposing of first division Castle Combe last weekend, the reward for Richard Stevens second division high-flying Lamb side was a home tie with first division leaders Boomsbury who were at their best as they gave their hosts a footballing lesson.

In what Stevens described as a game between men and boys, Ben Howe’s side thumped their hosts 7-0 to book their spot in the final four.

Steve Jackson, who bagged six for Boomsbury last weekend, picked up where he finished by given his team an early lead.

A Matt Jones header doubled the advantage and when Jackson netted from the penalty spot, the Lamb’s cup hopes were in tatters.

Pete Spong rifled home to make it 4-0 and a third from Jackson gave him a first half hat trick and his ninth goal in two games.

The second half started in the same vein as the first did, with the Lamb conceding another early goal to fall 6-0 behind, Matt Jones scoring his second of the game.

After that only a number of fine stops from the Lamb’s keeper Aaron Burrows kept the score down until the last minute of the game when substitute Scott Askew completed the rout with and acrobatic bicycle kick to make the final score 7-0.

Melksham Town Reserves 1 Seend United 2

ON paper, the tie of the three quarter-finals matches was the one between Steve Burns' cup winners from 2011, Melksham Town Reserves and Mike Hopkins' local rivals Seend United.

The mouth-watering contest was switched from the Conigre to Awdry Avenue and it was Seend who, after knocking out cup holders North Bradley in the previous round, continued their cup exploits by beating their hosts 2-1 to put their name into the semi-final draw.

A Mike Hopkins first-half brace gave Seend a 2-0 lead at half time but Seend were reduced to 10 men with 20 minutes to go after they had Ashley Groves sent off for a second yellow card.

Under constant pressure from their hosts, Seend conceded a penalty following a Mike Read foul.

From the resulting spot kick Jordan Evans reduced the arrears to set up a frantic final 10 minutes and with Seend hanging on they held out to seal a victory over their fierce rivals. 

Worton & Cheverell 0 Westbury Town 2

THE delayed second-round tie between second division stalemates Worton & Cheverell and Westbury Town went the way of Westbury who will have to wait to see if it will be Broughton Gifford or Levi’s who they will have to face for a place in the semi-finals.

With Worton missing a recognised striker in the absence of Myles Hickton, they paid the price for missing a host of first-half chances as Shaun Tarr’s goal gave Westbury a half-time lead.

Worton were unable to mount a serious challenge in the second period as the Westbury defence proved a hard nut to crack and they cemented their place in the quarter-finals thanks to a Mark Young effort that earned them their 2-0 success.

MATCH OFF: Broughton Gifford v Levi’s.